• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Here we go (UPDATE: There we went)

terrellgroup

7 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Honestly, Mike could be under the impression that we're about to start rebuilding. Most vets want nothing to do with that.

I suppose that is possible, but I think he got his boxers in a bunch because of all the rumors we were trying to find a third team to take him.  Why should we have to "buy him out"?  He is the one effectively breaching his contract.  Don't let the door hit ya in the backside on the way out, Mikey.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Maybe he can't pass a physical.

Think we might be at the point to accept his physical condition for the trade no matter what just to have that first where ever it lands and move forward. 

• Moderators
Just now, Thomas said:

Think we might be at the point to accept his physical condition for the trade no matter what just to have that first where ever it lands and move forward. 

Can we accept it and then void his contract for breach if he doesn't show?

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Nah, screw that.  If he doesn't show, pull Kyle back and send him somewhere else for a real 1st.

Just now, kg01 said:

Nah, screw that.  If he doesn't show, pull Kyle back and send him somewhere else for a real 1st.

No no the league (Lebron) won't allow that...

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Can we accept it and then void his contract for breach if he doesn't show?

Don't know but how sports contracts are handled favor the player that wants to abuse or break it seems like.

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

No no the league (Lebron) won't allow that...

Didn't sound like Lebron was really enamored with Kyle considering he used his time to whine about no backup PG.  Perchance he'd bless the reversal?

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, sturt said:

"Official" in what sense, @Sothron?

It's clearly already been league approved b/c the teams both finally announced it on their websites.

But regardless, the physical is just to protect, in this case, the Hawks. If they're of the opinion they want to make the trade and accept an injured player, that's their own discretion... or am I missing something?

Dunleavy has to pass a team physical for the trade to be official. The league can't approve the trade until he passes a physical with the team he's going to. I'm assuming Korver has already done his with Cleveland. But Dunleavy is playing the one card he has, not showing up for a  physical in Atlanta, in order to get a buyout.

I don't know all the remedies the teams involved have over this but if Dunleavy never shows up for a physical then the NBA will void the trade. I want to say AK-47 did something like this two years or so ago when he was traded to Philly.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Sothron said:

Dunleavy has to pass a team physical for the trade to be official. The league can't approve the trade until he passes a physical with the team he's going to. I'm assuming Korver has already done his with Cleveland. But Dunleavy is playing the one card he has, not showing up for a  physical in Atlanta, in order to get a buyout.

I don't know all the remedies the teams involved have over this but if Dunleavy never shows up for a physical then the NBA will void the trade. I want to say AK-47 did something like this two years or so ago when he was traded to Philly.

The fact that Mo Williams does not, evidently, have to appear to take a physical would seem to stand in conflict with that conclusion. Pretty sure it's more accurate to say that the team, ATL in this case, can waive the physical if that's their decision. Not saying that's what ATL will do, but just that it would appear more precise to say the trade is officially done, but not beyond the point that one team can cry foul and void it based on the failure to take or pass a physical.

• Premium Member
Just now, sturt said:

The fact that Mo Williams does not, evidently, have to appear to take a physical would seem to stand in conflict with that conclusion. Pretty sure it's more accurate to say that the team, ATL in this case, can waive the physical if that's their decision. Not saying that's what ATL will do, but just that it would appear more precise to say the trade is officially done, but not beyond the point that one team can cry foul and void it based on the failure to take or pass a physical.

Teams can void trades by failing a player on the physical. Mo Williams is effectively retired, that's why no one cares about his physical. I'm hoping the Hawks can resolve this with Dunleavy so everything is officially done.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, sturt said:

hehe... so we agree, @Sothron? Or am I missing some nuance there?

I'm not sure. If the Hawks want Dunleavy to play then he has to pass a physical. If they are willing to waive him or let him sulk at home...I don't know if it is needed. I know this situation is pretty much the same as AK-47 with Philly like 3 years ago but I can't remember all the details of how that played out.

• Premium Member

Read this article from Woj on Yahoo:

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-seeking-buyout-mike-dunleavy-jr-resists-joining-hawks-on-new-york-trip-170349001.html

Basically he has to report to the Hawks by 5 pm or the Hawks could either start fining him for not reporting or they could rescind the trade. It basically concludes that a buyout is coming.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sturt said:

hehe... so we agree, @Sothron? Or am I missing some nuance there?

Don't mind ol' Soth.  He's fired up today due to some internat'l affairs.

I think you're both right somehow.  Perhaps, if Mo wanted to play, he'd probably have to pass a physical (at our request).  Since he's "retired" it's probably just waived as unnecessary.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

I'm brokering peace all over the place today.  #kg01forPresident2020