• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Here we go (UPDATE: There we went)

terrellgroup

I don't know if he needs to pass a physical to completer the trade.  I think the Hawks can waive it.

Hawks can keep him, they can suspend and fine him for each day missed.  (similar to Kirelenko not reporting to Philly in 2015. - he was traqded Jan 9th, Phiily finally release him Feb 21)

Since he wants to join a contender, I would release him after the date he is eligible to join a playoff roster.  Spiteful yes - but who cares.

• Premium Member

Good, good. I didn't blame AK-47 for not wanting to go to the Sixers but Dunleavy is still coming to a playoff team.  We should play hardball with him. We can't set a precedent that if you don't like the Hawks you can pout and we just give in.

• Premium Member

The point being... or at least the point I was trying to make, regardless of any other point anyone else was trying to make...

This is all at the Hawks discretion. If the trade is voided, it will be because the Hawks maintained their right to expect a physical and did not waive that right. The league will not impose upon the situation if the Hawks were to decide they don't really care whether he reports or not--which is exactly what explains the other person in this trade not having to show up for a physical.

Having said all of that... it appears the point may be moot anyhow.

I hate to see us let a player manipulate us like that. There's no advantage for us competitively to do any buyouts until after the trade deadline.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, sturt said:

The point being... or at least the point I was trying to make, regardless of any other point anyone else was trying to make...

This is all at the Hawks discretion. If the trade is voided, it will be because the Hawks maintained their right to expect a physical and did not waive that right. The league will not impose upon the situation if the Hawks were to decide they don't really care whether he reports or not--which is exactly what explains the other person in this trade not having to show up for a physical.

Having said all of that... it appears the point may be moot anyhow.

I hate to see us let a player manipulate us like that. There's no advantage for us competitively to do any buyouts until after the trade deadline.

I don't think we will. I think the team will play hardball with him and they should quite frankly. Who is this guy to think he is above the same rules that apply to every other NBA player? I hope we give him the buyout the day after the final playoff rosters can be finalized and fine his ass every day until then unless he shows up LIKE A PROFESSIONAL and joins the team.

• Premium Member

Sorry I missed that.

Soooo... but...

Woj tries to say that Dunleavy won't report b/c he wants to get a buy-out, but then tries to stick it back on us that we're the ones trying to bully him to dance with us here in order to save a few bucks.

There seems to be a pattern with him, and I haven't really been tracking how long this has been going on, but he seems to like to take his under-his-breath shots at us.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Maybe Bud will include him in a later trade.

I think Bud really likes him.  We shall see.  I think he's a bum.

I wonder if this means anything about a rebuild or contending after he talked with Bud?

• Premium Member

I said it in other threads but I don't think trading Korver means the team is necessarily blowing up the roster. Maybe they talked Dunleavy into being on a regular playoff team. I don't know. He might be packaged in a later trade. It certainly was unprofessional for Dunleavy to pull this stunt in the first place. Glad he's reporting.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I said it in other threads but I don't think trading Korver means the team is necessarily blowing up the roster. Maybe they talked Dunleavy into being on a regular playoff team. I don't know. He might be packaged in a later trade. It certainly was unprofessional for Dunleavy to pull this stunt in the first place. Glad he's reporting.

I have come to accept about the trade about not necessarily meaning we're blowing things up, but to me, the trade was unnecessary, and the timing of it was bizarre.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I think Bud really likes him.  We shall see.  I think he's a bum.

I wonder if this means anything about a rebuild or contending after he talked with Bud?

Maybe Bud envisions him as a towel boy or something like that.

• Like 2