• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

3 games out of 2nd in East

Sap is not Alice Whorefart. He wouldn't go to Brokelyn Nitz just to get paid a 5-yr max. He's a hard-working man of integrity and principle, like Duncan. He loves Atlanta and the Hawks, and that they loved him and elevated him to All-Star, and has said as much. I think he'd Duncan a 4yr/$110mil over a 5yr/NitzMax.

7 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

He's in his early 30's. He's going to want his first major payday. He already didn't get a long term deal last time he was a FA. Let's be real.

Yeah I don't see Sap taking a paycut. It sounds good in theory I just don't see it happening.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

He's in his early 30's. He's going to want his first major payday. He already didn't get a long term deal last time he was a FA. Let's be real.

He chose the short term deal both times. Ferry originally offered him a 4 year deal. He opted for the 2 year plus 1 deal last year to opt out for a pay raise with the new cap next year. His currently salary is approximately  $2 mil less than a max deal (30 % of 2015 cap).

It was a smart move by him and his agent to take the short term deals.

4 minutes ago, hazer said:

Sap is not Alice Whorefart. He wouldn't go to Brokelyn Nitz just to get paid a 5-yr max. He's a hard-working man of integrity and principle, like Duncan. He loves Atlanta and the Hawks, and that they loved him and elevated him to All-Star, and has said as much. I think he'd Duncan a 4yr/$110mil over a 5yr/NitzMax.

I mean it IS "100 million dollars" (yes I know he said billion, work with me):

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

I just don't see him doing that.  Hasn't been his m.o. his whole career really.

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I just don't see him doing that.  Hasn't been his m.o. his whole career really.

Eggzactamundo. Sap is better than that, and has shown it his ENTIRE career. Which is a big part of why I think the Hawks just took him off the market. They know the nimbers he wants to stay, and have come to the conclusion it's worth it for someone of his caliber.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hazer said:

Eggzactamundo. Sap is better than that, and has shown it his ENTIRE career. Which is a big part of why I think the Hawks just took him off the market. They know the nimbers he wants to stay, and have come to the conclusion it's worth it for someone of his caliber.

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, hazer said:

:praying:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BrazilianHawk said:

:praying:

I'm really hoping he told BudCox "I love it here, my heart's here, I think we're on to something and only a piece or 2 away from a chip, and I want to stay. Thank you for believing in me and making me an All-Star and the man, here's the neighborhood of what I'm looking for:" And then a verbal/handshake agreement was consummated and back to bidness.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He chose the short term deal both times. Ferry originally offered him a 4 year deal. He opted for the 2 year plus 1 deal last year to opt out for a pay raise with the new cap next year. His currently salary is approximately  $2 mil less than a max deal (30 % of 2015 cap).

It was a smart move by him and his agent to take the short term deals.

I had no idea Ferry offered him the 4 year deal.

5 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

You'll see. If he really was not about the money he'd sign a long term deal the last time he was a FA. 

"Everybody knows where my heart is and where I want to be" ~ Paul Millsap, January 2017

You'll see. If he really was not about the money he'd sign a long term deal the last time he was a FA. 

Why would he though, why short change himself. Every player with this option to cash in would do it and should do it. LBJ was signing 2 year deals since he returned to Cavs so he could opt out after 1 yr and keep getting raises to match the rising salary cap. 

It's good business sense and I'm not mad as Sap or any player for doing that. 

Who wouldn't want to maximize their earning potential ?

21 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

I had no idea Ferry offered him the 4 year deal.

Yes, but he bet on himself that he could earn more money by taking a shorter deal to maximize his future dollars.

His agent who I understand is also his uncle had the foresight to see the CBA/TV deal and timed it well.

Well played.

15 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

Wrong.  No free agent worth a darn signed a long deal due to CBA.

There's not a whole lotta difference in $100mil in ATL and $120mil in Brokelyn. Other than ATL being the place you've been since '13 and want to stay. And the Nitz being a nightmare organization you don't want to go to.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Why would he though, why short change himself. Every player with this option to cash in would do it and should do it. LBJ was signing 2 year deals since he returned to Cavs so he could opt out after 1 yr and keep getting raises to match the rising salary cap. 

It's good business sense and I'm not mad as Sap or any player for doing that. 

Who wouldn't want to maximize their earning potential ?

Because he's so loyal. Look at guys like what Dirk and Udonis Haslem did for their teams. They're all about their teams.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

Because he's so loyal. Look at guys like what Dirk and Udonis Haslem did for their teams. They're all about their teams.

They are still both with the teams that drafted them. Udonis was never close to being the best player on his team, so he's never been a big money player. Dirk is making $25 million this season at 38 years old.

Millsap took less money per year on this contract to 'help' out the Hawks.

51 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They are still both with the teams that drafted them. Udonis was never close to being the best player on his team, so he's never been a big money player. Dirk is making $25 million this season at 38 years old.

Millsap took less money per year on this contract to 'help' out the Hawks.

Udonis went undrafted and I believe he was even in camp with us for a minute. But point taken.