• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nets

lethalweapon3

Solid win keeping fresh the starters.

My only complaint is the FT%.

Bench showed that they can be reliable. Loved the energy of Humphries and Prince. It seems that finally Bud has figured out rotations.

I agree Hardaway is a better fit than Baze but we need his scoring from the second unit. I see him like a "poors man" version of Jamal Crawford.

Cant wait till Friday, GO HAWKS!

Edited by Garchelino
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, LamarHampton said:

Good to see our guys handle their business. Lots of guys stepped up, and specifically, how about Hump putting up some great stats in low minutes!?! And I can't stop laughing about that Dwight diss on Jeremy Lin. If you saw Dwights face after he did that you'd still be smiling about it like I am over an hour later.

Poor Kenny. That's a tough job. Wonder if he wishes he stayed with the Hawks sometimes late at night ... Until he thinks about that big pay grade differential!

good win, glad we beat this team fairly handily since that's what we are supposed to do. Really looking forward to Friday, but I think that's going to be a much bigger test.

This should at least get an honourable mention for POTD. 

I bet you do, sir.

TMI

no judgment, just TMI

I'll try and keep it shorter and straight to the point next time Mein Fuhrer...:-)

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'll try and keep it shorter and straight to the point next time Mein Fuhrer...:-)

Um ... You ever had to explain a joke so it wasn't funny, and then you got paranoid that it wasn't funny in the first place even though it had you giggling for a hot minute? Well that's where I'm at right now. All I've got to say is, read that particular part I quoted from you a few times and see if you can get the real joke, because I wasn't ragging on you about the extra info in your post.

Dammit Spud, you're killing me here!

harrumph, go hawks, harrumph

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LamarHampton said:

Um ... You ever had to explain a joke so it wasn't funny, and then you got paranoid that it wasn't funny in the first place even though it had you giggling for a hot minute? Well that's where I'm at right now. All I've got to say is, read that particular part I quoted from you a few times and see if you can get the real joke, because I wasn't ragging on you about the extra info in your post.

Dammit Spud, you're killing me here!

harrumph, go hawks, harrumph

Jesus Christ I'm slow...my bad ...ur cunning subtle humor owns me!

IMG_7775.JPG

Did anyone notice that our players minutes were kept light tonight for the most part? Dennis had the most with 30 which is awesome. Sap and Dwight had 29 and 28 min respectively. Great for the playoffs!

26 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Bud has been doing this all year.  Millsap leads the team at 33:54 per game, Dennis at 31:00 per game. Dwight is at 29.27 and the rest of the team is sub 28 minutes / game.  

This is what has me most impressed with Dwight's contribution. He is averaging less than 30 minutes / game and getting it done stat wise. 14 points, 13.4 rebounds in less than 30 minutes and less than 9 shot attempts / game is doing work.

http://www.82games.com/1617/16ATL15.HTM 

His per48 PER differential is a staggering +11.9. Compare that with Millsap's +5, Dennis' -1.2 and Korver -8.  Dwight's impact, specifically against his Center opponent is staggering. 

Wow that's awesome. I guess I haven't been following the minutes per game this year but that's awesome and will make a huge difference in the playoffs. In 2014-15 when we won 60, players minutes were really high during the regular season weren't they?

10 hours ago, Garchelino said:

I agree Hardaway is a better fit than Baze but we need his scoring from the second unit. I see him like a "poors man" version of Jamal Crawford.

Yeah, he should get thirty minutes a game when healthy. Even if he's not hot he is a threat and at the very least can draw fouls. 

7 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Did anyone notice that our players minutes were kept light tonight for the most part? Dennis had the most with 30 which is awesome. Sap and Dwight had 29 and 28 min respectively. Great for the playoffs!

Great for our game against the Celtics as well. Boston plays tonight and we don't play until we see them, so a little bonus there.

• Like 1