• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nets

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Great for our game against the Celtics as well. Boston plays tonight and we don't play until we see them, so a little bonus there.

Yup. Hope the Wiz can givem a good fight and if nothing else, take it to a couple OT's lol

10 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

Hump whas really impressive. Running like a littel girl still, but more like a really fast and strong little girl. The whole team also looks in a much bette physical state. Also Moose looks like he's building some smart muscles around the neck and shoulders, but I had that impression of him from the start of the season. I guess that new training-fascility is already paying of greatly. These Hawks will be the defensive superpower of the NBA.

Moose building traps? I missed that I gotta check it out next game. He's prolly carrying Dwight and Millsap's bags like a rook. 

• Moderators

Delaney had a pretty good game and even hit a 3!    

The best part is that Hardaway was shooting poorly but still got to the line, got to the basket and had some assists.     I understand Bud wants some fire power off the bench but if Baze doesn't step up it's going to be really hard to justify not switching those guys.   Maybe that's what Baze needs.   

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DS17Fanboy said:

Hump whas really impressive. Running like a littel girl still, but more like a really fast and strong little girl. The whole team also looks in a much bette physical state. Also Moose looks like he's building some smart muscles around the neck and shoulders, but I had that impression of him from the start of the season. I guess that new training-fascility is already paying of greatly. These Hawks will be the defensive superpower of the NBA.

Hump was great but on that fast break I could've sworn he was going to pass out after running the floor like that. For a former swim champ I didn't expect him to be so gassed, but I suppose he has put on a few pounds over the years. Loved the strong finish though.

Oh, and thx @Spud2Nique - "cunning and subtle" is much better than what I normally get, which is "weird" and "pervey" and "offputting"

1 minute ago, LamarHampton said:

Hump was great but on that fast break I could've sworn he was going to pass out after running the floor like that. For a former swim champ I didn't expect him to be so gassed, but I suppose he has put on a few pounds over the years. Loved the strong finish though.

Oh, and thx @Spud2Nique - "cunning and subtle" is much better than what I normally get, which is "weird" and "pervey" and "offputting"

Join the club...:-| F*ck it though at least we use our "likes" unlike some...not namin names...

2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Join the club...:-| F*ck it though at least we use our "likes" unlike some...not namin names...

HAHAHA ...I wasn't forcing you into a like but I got a new rule. I only hand out "likes" to those who reciprocate it. Then maybe I wouldn't be out if "likes" cuz I used them up like candy. Just sayin, you mfckers that "quote" chit are gonna get a "quote" right back in ur a$$es from here on out. #nofreelunches lol

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

I really feel for Kenny Atkinson. He is a great hire by the Nets but that team...wow. They have so many guys that I don't think would make a NBA roster anywhere else. That team is so talent deprived and they are going to lose their pick to Boston on top of all the losing.

Don't feel bad. It is a great opportunity for him. No pressure to really succeed right now. His GM has the full faith in him and understands that the team shouldn't be winning right now. Atkinson has a great opportunity to build his own culture and doesn't have any crazy ego's to deal with.

On a side note, it was really cool to see Atkinson and the Hawks players hugging it out after the game, along with Jordan Ott.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

The Hawks definitely seemed energized and Sap and Howard seemed like they wanted to be on the floor at the same time which is new.   Loved Bud's new rotations with Prince and Hump as the first guys off the bench.   As it should be.   

I thought Moose was first off the bench? Either way, I agree that the rotation looks good. 

9 hours ago, thecampster said:

Bud has been doing this all year.  Millsap leads the team at 33:54 per game, Dennis at 31:00 per game. Dwight is at 29.27 and the rest of the team is sub 28 minutes / game.  

This is what has me most impressed with Dwight's contribution. He is averaging less than 30 minutes / game and getting it done stat wise. 14 points, 13.4 rebounds in less than 30 minutes and less than 9 shot attempts / game is doing work.

http://www.82games.com/1617/16ATL15.HTM 

His per48 PER differential is a staggering +11.9. Compare that with Millsap's +5, Dennis' -1.2 and Korver -8.  Dwight's impact, specifically against his Center opponent is staggering. 

@thecampster

How dare you, don't you know those numbers are :airquote: non-impact numbers :airquote:.  :biggrin:

On another note:

Then there is this...teams have been guarding us heavily against the 1-5 PnR with Dennis and Dwight.  Need more Dwight-Paul PnR like last night.

3 hours ago, LamarHampton said:

Considering how little Bud has let him play, I understand him being gassed.

Edited by Watchman

GRUMBLE.  GROWL.  GRUMBLE.  GROWL !!

16 - That's 16, Hawk fans.  16 is not and should never be, all right in any game.

Yet, last night, against the Nets, the Hawks did it.

This must not happen again.  57.9% would be bad for a High School girls team.

These are professional, highly paid adult male basketball players.

I hope they got it out of their system against the lowly Nets and they never, ever

let this happen again.

What were they thinking?  Or, were they thinking at all?  Did their concentration

go by, by last night?  Hitting free throws is and will always be important. 

Yeah, I know.  It was a blow out against the worst team in the NBA.  But, remember

this.  Habits are hard to break, whether they be good or bad.  If we, the Hawks, make

a habit of missing free throws in a game like this, it could carry over in a game

where it does matter and cost us dearly !!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@thecampster

How dare you, don't you know those numbers are :airquote: non-impact numbers :airquote:.  :biggrin:

On another note:

Then there is this...teams have been guarding us heavily against the 1-5 PnR with Dennis and Dwight.  Need more Dwight-Paul PnR like last night.

Did you click that link and see who had the #2 DefRtg? We gotta pay Sap.