• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Gary Neal to the Hawks!

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, sturt said:

Too lazy now to go back and look, but wasn't Marc Stein one of the leading purveyors of the theory that Dunleavy was seeking the buy-out that Dunleavy claims never happened? And, one of the leading purveyors of the theory that ATL was on the cusp of sending Milsap packing? Oh, while we're at it, and was he the one who led so many to believe that Horford was coming back to ATL?

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking so.

Whether you choose to believe these guys never embellish some kernel of truth when they tweet/report or not, again, history agrees that their stories more likely to end up being something different from what they originally suggested.

Truth be told, I think... correct me again if I'm wrong... we may be fans of one of the franchises whose leadership most effectively squelches any real news getting leaked out of the real HQ, and it must be frustrating when trying to market yourself as an insider. That was popularly understood under Ferry, and I think it's continued to be the case.

My guess is, yes Neal worked out, yes something nice was said about him by Bud or Wilcox. Yes, he might even be a legit option at some point. But Bud just told us all days ago via C-Viv that the current wings are going to be given their audition to take Korver's minutes. Makes little sense to so quickly and seemingly with little provocation recoil from that. And all the more so, given as mentioned above, your only good reason for taking Mo Williams in the trade was to use his salary as filler to make another trade--makes little sense to release him because of a player who's not even good enough to merit more than a 10-day contract.

Just sayin.

It was that way before Ferry. Knight was the worst you've ever seen.

15 hours ago, Thomas said:

Sports journalists seem to have even more protection than players do with sports contracts. Just never enough cause and effect if much of any at all. 

There's absolutely NO downside to fake-a** reporting which is why we have so many "insiders".

Need clicks?  Make up "news", cite "sources".

Get it wrong?  Eh, blame "sources", profit.

On Gary Neal, pass.  Easy pass.  There's a reason he's outta the league.  Perfect EuroLeague player.  Jack shots, play "defense" (aka stand on the other end until you're back on offense).

33 minutes ago, kg01 said:

There's absolutely NO downside to fake-a** reporting which is why we have so many "insiders".

Need clicks?  Make up "news", cite "sources".

Get it wrong?  Eh, blame "sources", profit.

On Gary Neal, pass.  Easy pass.  There's a reason he's outta the league.  Perfect EuroLeague player.  Jack shots, play "defense" (aka stand on the other end until you're back on offense).

Guess everybody is downgrading to the level of Yahoo and Bleacher report nowadays. 

6 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Guess everybody is downgrading to the level of Yahoo and Bleacher report nowadays. 

Yep.  Originally the "establishment" poo-poo'd Bleacher Report/Yahoo, etc.  I expected them to bring those guys up to their perceived level.  Instead, it went in reverse.  They're all close-to-crap now.

12 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Can we not get Barbosa for Splitter and a 2nd rounder?   Phx is going nowhere.  Barbosa is like 52 years old but he still defends and is shooting 45% from 3.   

Yes we can. Suns are under the cap so they can take back more than they send out.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes we can. Suns are under the cap so they can take back more than they send out.

Can't think of a single reason not to do this.   Although i guess the SG rotation is pretty full between tim, baze, and delaney.   But if we're looking at Neal I'd much rather have barbosa.    

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I'd rather we try to pull Bogut (which I pronounce 'bow-got') and/or Matthews.

Bogut is injured - again - out indefinitely:

Andrew Bogut (hamstring) will be out for "the near future," according to coach Rick Carlisle.
Bogut has had a very difficult time staying healthy, as this hamstring issue is simply his most recent ailment. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Can't think of a single reason not to do this.

Really?

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

i guess the SG rotation is pretty full between tim, baze, and delaney.  

Seems you just did. :)

And isn't Bembry a SG? And didn't Bud indicate he, too, was going to get a legitimate shot at the rotation? Sure was on the floor for a stretch of the BOS game the other night.

But you mention Delaney as a SG, and indeed, we're back to seeing Bud getting both PGs in the game as we did when Teague was around.

If he's going to do that, then he's almost certainly destined to finally fill that 3rd PG slot with someone... and if it's a combo guard, so be it, but regardless, I think there will be two key assets that the next acquisition will bring...

(a) Has a history of knocking down 3s at a 37% or above clip... and...

(b) Has a history of playing the 1 with some regularity.

• Moderators
On 1/16/2017 at 1:07 PM, sturt said:

Really?

Seems you just did. :)

And isn't Bembry a SG? And didn't Bud indicate he, too, was going to get a legitimate shot at the rotation? Sure was on the floor for a stretch of the BOS game the other night.

But you mention Delaney as a SG, and indeed, we're back to seeing Bud getting both PGs in the game as we did when Teague was around.

If he's going to do that, then he's almost certainly destined to finally fill that 3rd PG slot with someone... and if it's a combo guard, so be it, but regardless, I think there will be two key assets that the next acquisition will bring...

(a) Has a history of knocking down 3s at a 37% or above clip... and...

(b) Has a history of playing the 1 with some regularity.

Well that's the whole reason to look at Barbosa.  Bud is playing Delaney and Dennis together because our other options at the 2 don't shoot very consistently.   I don't know if we're really trying to find that 3rd ball handler or just trying to find more shooters.   Barbosa comes with the added advantage of playing D.  

1 hour ago, AHF said:

If we sign Neal, we have to cut Mo Williams and lose the ability to use his contract in a trade, right?

I'm not sure...@jaybirdhawk's department lol...

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Well that's the whole reason to look at Barbosa.  Bud is playing Delaney and Dennis together because our other options at the 2 don't shoot very consistently.   I don't know if we're really trying to find that 3rd ball handler or just trying to find more shooters.   Barbosa comes with the added advantage of playing D.  

I was begging to sign Barbosa this summer but I got shut down by other squawkers pretty fast. 

Hes still got anazing speed speed despite being older...a terrific combo guard that can shoot as well as attack on offense and as you said..D is solid too.

Can we get in on Rubio and Bazz?

Dangle Baze for Bazz...lol

Baze for Bazz Baze for Bazz Baze for Bazz...

kinda funny how people in my office start to walk away as I sing that song...Baze for Bazz...:-|

They think I'm crazy..:-(

IMG_8047.PNG

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

If we sign Neal, we have to cut Mo Williams and lose the ability to use his contract in a trade, right?

Right.

Which, then, is why you look to maximize the assets you have, and in this case, that means especially zeroing-in on who fits the job description and is also available at a price that allows you to deal Mo's contract.

Wonder who's out there that's plausible.... if only someone could do the research and get back to us..... if only...

*wink*

2 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Can we get in on Rubio and Bazz?

Dangle Baze for Bazz...lol

Baze for Bazz Baze for Bazz Baze for Bazz...

kinda funny how people in my office start to walk away as I sing that song...Baze for Bazz...:-|

They think I'm crazy..:-(

IMG_8047.PNG

Rubio and Bazz for Baze works straight up, throw in Mo Williams as well.

I wonder what Sac is offering? (They are prolly wishing  they had traded us the #6 pick for Teague 2 years  ago, lol)