• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Gary Neal to the Hawks!

One of my favorite things about Neal is the way he is so squared up to the basket when he shoots. Young players should really watch and learn from that. It reminds me of a player from yesteryear that I just can't put my finger on right now...oh wait...my elephant memory just remembered...Ricky Pierce! Now Ricky was obviously one of the premier players and a candidate for 6th man if the year every year, but Neal and Pierce have the same square up jumpers if I have to compare him to somebody. Both guys were under control as well and play within themselves. Both slow, methodical players...

Now I'm starting to think that Ricky Piece could be Gary's dad...:-| (I'm not starting a rumor I just want a DNA test...)

If Neal can be a good citizen and ball anything close to his potential, I think the squawkers are gonna love this guy in a very short period of time. We just got a lot deeper in my opinion and picked up a player very much under the radar.

GO HAWKS!!!!

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

He's one of those long-time players I know nothing of.  Being cast off from the Spurs doesn't instill any confidence in me, though.

He wasn't really a cast off, capspace casualty. Spurs didn't have the money to sugn him. Charlotte came with money, he took it.