• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

NBA GM's think we will put Sap back on the market

NBASupes

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Nothing we have on this team. No go to guy when things get tough, nobody to step to the forefront and say 'Gimme the ball, I want the ball'.  We dont have THAT guy.

San Antonio had that? IF they had that, why did they have so many different MVPs?

I mean, before the Spurs time.. it was the Bulls time.  When you look under MVPs for the Bulls in the finals, you see:  Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan.  In between those you have Hakeem, Hakeem.  That's a cowbell.

San Antonio's MVPs look like:  Duncan, Parker, Leonard, etc... At any time, anybody on those Spurs teams could beat you.  That's not a guy that says.. I want the ball (in the style of Jordan).   That's a guy who fits in with a team dynamic and plays well.

Sorry dude... but Dominique is not walking through that door... and I don't know if we want him to.

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm actually somewhat on your side but Hardaway and Baze aren't great things to bring up to get people to trust the process.   Hardaway will probably be gone without ever having been a significant piece for us and Baze is top 5 for most overpaid players right now.   The process needs to bring in some talent.  Development can only take a player to the limit of their talent.   

Unless we go the way of the 76ers and are in the lottery like Billy was in the Lottery, we won't get a shot at  top of the line players to be...  Then when you start down that course, nobody wants to play for you.

Bud is developing a track record that will draw vets. 

Billy was in the draft lottery 5 times:

Childress, Smoove, Marvin, Acie, and Horf.

Only Horf really turned out to be something and he's a softy too... He's no Lebron.

Bud hasn't been in the lottery at all and we've had:

DMC, Paul, Howard, and Dennis on his watch.

Would I have wanted Greek Freak? Yes... but let's trust the process.  It's better than where we have come from... being bad with no respect.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Is that the royal 'we'?   Because I want him to.  

I'd take Nique right now (ok in 97) over Bazeless...it's both his play and the fact that Bud wants to single handedly bring him out of his slump at the cost of winning.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Is that the royal 'we'?   Because I want him to.  

I want him to walk through that door and take his seat at the broadcast booth.

Did you ever wonder why Nique teams never won?

Here's the question for today.

what player in today's game remind you of Nique?

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Unless we go the way of the 76ers and are in the lottery like Billy was in the Lottery, we won't get a shot at  top of the line players to be...  Then when you start down that course, nobody wants to play for you.

Bud is developing a track record that will draw vets. 

Billy was in the draft lottery 5 times:

Childress, Smoove, Marvin, Acie, and Horf.

Only Horf really turned out to be something and he's a softy too... He's no Lebron.

Bud hasn't been in the lottery at all and we've had:

DMC, Paul, Howard, and Dennis on his watch.

Would I have wanted Greek Freak? Yes... but let's trust the process.  It's better than where we have come from... being bad with no respect.

I agree...for those that want to draft a star, that's great n all but I don't want to develop stars for 3-4 years until they are 24 years old and in their prime to go sign with the Spurs, Heat, Bulls, Knicks, Warriors and Cavs...sorry I won't do it. I like our process of excelling with what we have and the philosophy that the "whole" is greater than the sum of its parts...

At this rate though, Baze's part is screwing us lol

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

So far, to be honest I'd say KD...or even Damian Lillard or Demarcus Cousins. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

So far, to be honest I'd say KD...or even Damian Lillard or Demarcus Cousins. 

There isn't a great comparison.  Derozan comes to mind but there aren't many right now that are as good as nique but there are a few that are better.   

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

There isn't a great comparison.  Derozan comes to mind but there aren't many right now that are as good as nique but there are a few that are better.   

Ya I didn't mean any parts of their game just the fact that they won't ever get quality help..well Cousins and Lillard...although McCollum is turning into a beast and KD fled but even before that had Russ so take him or too.

Cousins

Lillard

38 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Carmeloooooooo Anthonyyyyyyyyyyy

And the reason why BOTH have never won, is because neither of them didn't play with another LEGIT All-Star talent.   When I say, LEGIT, I mean a player who is an undisputed top 20 player.

Great scorers need help, and the right team constructed around them.  Neither Nique nor Melo had that for most of their careers.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

San Antonio had that? IF they had that, why did they have so many different MVPs?

I mean, before the Spurs time.. it was the Bulls time.  When you look under MVPs for the Bulls in the finals, you see:  Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan.  In between those you have Hakeem, Hakeem.  That's a cowbell.

San Antonio's MVPs look like:  Duncan, Parker, Leonard, etc... At any time, anybody on those Spurs teams could beat you.  That's not a guy that says.. I want the ball (in the style of Jordan).   That's a guy who fits in with a team dynamic and plays well.

Sorry dude... but Dominique is not walking through that door... and I don't know if we want him to.

I think you need to take a look waaaay back to San Antonio's history and how that team evolved.

The team was built around Duncan who was the stabilizing force that created EVERYTHING else. We have none.

As Duncan aged, Manu took over the role as go to guy, set up man or take the shot guy. We have none 

As Duncan and Manu aged, Parker took the reigns. We have none.

Now, it's Kawhi time. We have none.

In all of that, when Pop needed a bucket he could still run a play for Duncan without a moments hesitation.

We barely have a Hawks MVP - there is no one to trust for a big bucket or to make the right play.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Sothron said:

Nique never had another legit superstar with him when said player was in his prime. Closest he got was the last good years out of Moses Malone but after Moses already had his HoF years in Houston/Philly.

Yep.  Moses was a shell of his prime when he came to the Hawks.  Still got his but was nowhere near the impact on either end of the floor that he was in his MVP days.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Yep.  Moses was a shell of his prime when he came to the Hawks.  Still got his but was nowhere near the impact on either end of the floor that he was in his MVP days.

Sad but true. Moses in his prime was legit in the discussion as the best player in the history of the game. He was amazing on both ends of the court.

This Nique reminder was just sadness to my day...:-( What a waste of talent...I mean from 1982-93 you can't draft a star or sign one in the summer or trade for one? Damn you Babcock!

This Nique reminder was just sadness to my day...:-( What a waste of talent...I mean from 1982-93 you can't draft a star or sign one in the summer or trade for one? Damn you Babcock!

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Carmeloooooooo Anthonyyyyyyyyyyy

And the reason why BOTH have never won, is because neither of them didn't play with another LEGIT All-Star talent.   When I say, LEGIT, I mean a player who is an undisputed top 20 player.

Great scorers need help, and the right team constructed around them.  Neither Nique nor Melo had that for most of their careers.

I thought Melo was the best comparison to Nique as well but I just couldn't type it...lol...my fingers boycotted lol.

Dude, @TheNorthCydeRises I pretty much agree with about 80%+ of all your posts but I just can't get on board with Melo as a Hawk. 

I will I'll tell you that if we traded for him that the fan in me would shut down the ego and just root for Melo like crazy, I just don't think it's the best move for us. Just my 2 cents..

Edited by Spud2Nique

2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I thought Melo was the best comparison to Nique as well but I just couldn't type it...lol...my fingers boycotted lol.

Dude, @TheNorthCydeRises I pretty much agree with about 80%+ of all your posts but I just can't get on board with Melo as a Hawk. 

I will I'll tell you that if we traded for him that the fan in me would shut down the ego and just root for Melo like crazy, I just don't think it's the best move for us. Just my 2 cents..

Baze and Splitter for Melo - sure.

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

You mean kasten, babcock wasn't the full time GM then.

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Baze and Splitter for Melo - sure.

I know that would be a steal and call me crazy but I wouldn't still. It's a great deal, obviously Baze is struggling and who knows if Splitter will ever play but it would destroy us in so many ways that many of you seem to ignore. 

7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You mean kasten, babcock wasn't the full time GM then.

You are correct...both of them...