• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

NBA GM's think we will put Sap back on the market

NBASupes

• Premium Member

If the price was right for Melo I would trade for him. He really is this era's Nique (also Alex English but ppl forget him for some sad reason) and like Nique he hasn't had enough around him. I don't know if he have enough  but with Melo to our core...that could be dangerous in the playoffs.

You need a clutch player that can score on his own and make shots and if there's one thing Melo is very good at doing it is exactly those things.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

If the price was right for Melo I would trade for him. He really is this era's Nique (also Alex English but ppl forget him for some sad reason) and like Nique he hasn't had enough around him. I don't know if he have enough  but with Melo to our core...that could be dangerous in the playoffs.

You need a clutch player that can score on his own and make shots and if there's one thing Melo is very good at doing it is exactly those things.

NYK should do it for cheap just to get the cloud off their franchise.  Jettison sMelo, let Rose walk.  Live with Noah unless they can trick someone to take him.  Build around Porzingo (who's become overrated IMHO but that's a whole other discussion).

I never wanted Dwight and he's here fixing the deficiencies that have plagued us for the last few years. He's a Hawk so I'm onboard and he's in board. Will be no different from Melo.

If Melo waives his NTC to come to Atlanta it'll be because he thinks he can fit in with this team (and because Lala says so)

Again: Baze, Splitter and I'll even throw in the Brooklyn 2017  2nd. 

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I never wanted Dwight and he's here fixing the deficiencies that have plagued us for the last few years. He's a Hawk so I'm onboard and he's in board. Will be no different from Melo.

If Melo waives his NTC to come to Atlanta it'll be because he thinks he can fit in with this team (and because Lala says so)

If we're being honest, that's a haul for NYK.  Getting salary relief a 2nd and a tremendous starter at wing.  Huge BBIQ guy, team player.  He may even approach an all-star berth soon and ....

Blazing Saddles LOL

.... ok, ok I tried to talk up Skip but I jus' cain't.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Same here with Dwight.  I didn't want him here either.   But the chance to add him with Horford and Millsap is something we couldn't pass up.  Once Horford bounced to Boston, I was all for the Howard move.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I've never had the doubts you guys had with Dwight. His "bad attitude" was more a media creation than anything else. Dwight has been for years a potential great fit here. I just wish that prima donna Horford had stayed to really see what our frontcourt would do.

But Melo is the same thing. If he buys in then he could be deadly in our offense. I just think that NY is going to win a king's ransom for him. Baze, Splitter and whatever else you guys mentioned is not going to be close to what they want. They would want Millsap and Dennis for him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Same here with Dwight.  I didn't want him here either.   But the chance to add him with Horford and Millsap is something we couldn't pass up.  Once Horford bounced to Boston, I was all for the Howard move.

You are really starting to piss me off bro as I feel like you're persuading me..lol.. like I said I'm on board with whatever the Hawks think is best and you did make a lot of sense about the playoffs...you do need a go to guy which we don't have. 

You know @TheNorthCydeRises, could you skip breakfast one of these days?..:-/ Damn you and you logic talk...:-)

24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I also was shocked when we picked up Dwight and Baze ...prototypical NON Hawk type players.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, DS5 said:

So the Knicks apparently tried getting KLove for Carmelo, but Cavs dismissed them pretty quickly 

That's rather shocking since Melo is one of those guys that were always trying to be on the same team with Lebron.

24 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I've never had the doubts you guys had with Dwight. His "bad attitude" was more a media creation than anything else. Dwight has been for years a potential great fit here. I just wish that prima donna Horford had stayed to really see what our frontcourt would do.

But Melo is the same thing. If he buys in then he could be deadly in our offense. I just think that NY is going to win a king's ransom for him. Baze, Splitter and whatever else you guys mentioned is not going to be close to what they want. They would want Millsap and Dennis for him.

Dwight had never expressed any interest in being in Atlanta before now, so there's that.

I wanted Dwight WITH Al and Sap not in lieu of either at the time.

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

That's rather shocking since Melo is one of those guys that were always trying to be on the same team with Lebron.

Doesn't mean LeBron wants Melo on his team, lol.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Dwight had never expressed any interest in being in Atlanta before now, so there's that.

He did his first years in Orlando to play with Josh. Magic wouldn't even consider moving him to us though.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

They are supposed to be really close friends. It really surprises me that Lebron wouldn't trade a guy he doesn't like in Love to get Melo. Makes me think Lebron believes Melo can't do it anymore at a championship level.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Actually they have said in the past they want to be with each other..Lebron Wade Melo and CP3...that's why I think the truth comes out when it comes down to it. Nobody wants to play with smelly Melo...not Lebron not Wade not Cp2.37

• Premium Member

I have always said Melo is a cancer.  But, I can be wrong and at this age in his career if he would come to the Hawks with the attitude that he wants a ring then he could be huge with Dwight here.   That being said Im not sure Sap, Melo, and Howard would work, maybe Im wrong.   New York is going nowhere period and I would want out of that mess.   I hate to lose Sap over any player on the team because he brings his lunch pale every night and is a team player.  

On a side note I have liked the toughness that Humphries brings.  Musky is just too soft.  

53 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I have always said Melo is a cancer.  But, I can be wrong and at this age in his career if he would come to the Hawks with the attitude that he wants a ring then he could be huge with Dwight here.   That being said Im not sure Sap, Melo, and Howard would work, maybe Im wrong.   New York is going nowhere period and I would want out of that mess.   I hate to lose Sap over any player on the team because he brings his lunch pale every night and is a team player.  

On a side note I have liked the toughness that Humphries brings.  Musky is just too soft.  

Bud loves Muscala's offense.  But I agree completely with Humphries over Moose.   Maybe he's a guy who we can deal for a needed asset.   Moose is a free agent at the end of the year too.  So it'll be interesting to see what he'll get in the open market.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Bud loves Muscala's offense.  But I agree completely with Humphries over Moose.   Maybe he's a guy who we can deal for a needed asset.   Moose is a free agent at the end of the year too.  So it'll be interesting to see what he'll get in the open market.

It's funny two years ago I wanted the trade deadline to come n go as quickly as possible...this year I'm looking forward to it. If we decided to not trade Sap, we have to be buyers of vets that have had playoff success in the past.

PJ Tucker

Wes Matthews