• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Someone persuade me that Bud is right not to play Prince

sturt

• Admin
14 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't know that I can convince you but we gryped about Dennis and THjr not getting any playing time and when they got playing time they've excelled.

I think the reason THJ is now excelling is because he was brought along slowly ... he spent time in the dleague developing and learning to play a different game then what he did in NY.  He had to work hard, be humbled and earn his PT which he did.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

As much as I hate to admit this, you're correct about his off ball defense.  He gets caught ball watching, which leads to easy points.  I still think he should get more playing time than he's getting, but he has to improve his off ball defense.  Bud seems to know when to give guys major run though.   He was more than patient with Hardaway Jr, and that has paid off big time.

From a defensive standpoint, Bembry is more ready to play than Prince.  But Prince is the obvious talent of the 2.

Agreed.  Bud has a quick leash when it comes to defense.

But man, he is the complete opposite on offense.  (See:  Bazemore, Kent).

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

Sadly did not work so well last season after lots of criticism from me.  Maybe a year delay to go from disaster to someone solid who can contribute in the playoffs?  We can try that.  

"Prince = no goody."

(Waits...:waiting:)

Don't be so hard on yourself.  You couldn't have been expected to fully understand how awful your predictification powers are so you couldn't use them properly last year.

As it is, I hope THJr gets Skip's deal after we trade Skip for ... well, anything at the deadline.

21 minutes ago, sturt said:

Hmmm...

2017-01-25_1948.png

... does this create an opening?

Damnit! 

21 minutes ago, sturt said:

Hmmm...

2017-01-25_1948.png

... does this create an opening?

Damnit! For Prince you mean?

It's really weird how bad rookies look at first. Do you guys remember Dennis S. in his rookie year? If I didn't know any better, I would have guess he had never played a minute of organized basketball in his life. He looked horrible. Guys like LeBron ready to come in and dominate day one are very rare.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Seriously, sure I'm among the more optimistic souls around here (generally speaking), but I still actually think Prince is going to get some consistent, though limited, PT down the stretch--not unlike Ruder who played in less than half of the games before the 2013-14 All-Star break, but after it only missed 5 games in those last 31, and got double-figures minutes in all but 4 of those. So, I'm not ready to foreclose on what he can prove this season just yet. And he's just a well-rounded, mature player that Dennis wasn't yet. I believe Prince will have a few moments that will matter to some games.

1 minute ago, sturt said:

Seriously, sure I'm among the more optimistic souls around here (generally speaking), but I still actually think Prince is going to get some consistent, though limited, PT down the stretch--not unlike Ruder who played in less than half of the games before the 2013-14 All-Star break, but only missed 5 games in the last 32, and got double-figures minutes in all but 4 of those. So, I'm not ready to foreclose on what he can prove this season just yet. And he's just a well-rounded, mature player that Dennis wasn't yet. I believe Prince will have a few moments that will matter to some games.

I think and hope ur right. I mean after all, that has to be a perk to drafting a senior in college vs a freshman...he's super mature, confident and ready.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2017 at 6:29 AM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

As much as I hate to admit this, you're correct about his off ball defense.  He gets caught ball watching, which leads to easy points.  I still think he should get more playing time than he's getting, but he has to improve his off ball defense.  Bud seems to know when to give guys major run though.   He was more than patient with Hardaway Jr, and that has paid off big time.

From a defensive standpoint, Bembry is more ready to play than Prince.  But Prince is the obvious talent of the 2.

Did I call that or what?

• Like 2