• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Someone persuade me that Bud is right not to play Prince

sturt

On 1/23/2017 at 7:29 AM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

As much as I hate to admit this, you're correct about his off ball defense.  He gets caught ball watching, which leads to easy points.  I still think he should get more playing time than he's getting, but he has to improve his off ball defense.  Bud seems to know when to give guys major run though.   He was more than patient with Hardaway Jr, and that has paid off big time.

From a defensive standpoint, Bembry is more ready to play than Prince.  But Prince is the obvious talent of the 2.

I don't know about your last paragraph.  Prince has never had a game even remotely close to Bembry's game in Houston.  What is so obvious about his talent?

• Premium Member

Yeah, but the curious thing... dang I wish Hawksquawk had its own beat writer... is that when they assigned him yesterday, Dunleavy's situation seemingly couldn't have been any worse than it is today... if anything, you figure he's gotten a little better...  and even today, he's probable. I dunno. Whatever.

All-Star break can't get here soon enough. Might be jinxing my hopes by saying that. But so anxious to see Bud flip the switch on that front.

3 hours ago, sturt said:

Yeah, but the curious thing... dang I wish Hawksquawk had its own beat writer... is that when they assigned him yesterday, Dunleavy's situation seemingly couldn't have been any worse than it is today... if anything, you figure he's gotten a little better...  and even today, he's probable. I dunno. Whatever.

All-Star break can't get here soon enough. Might be jinxing my hopes by saying that. But so anxious to see Bud flip the switch on that front.

Not just Dunleavy, Thabo as well. Sometimes these things a day to day, even hour by hour. Sometimes when a player is questionable, he may warm up before a game then a decision is made.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Bummed because I missed out on the fact that game was nationally televised last night.

But based on what the Peachtree Hoops podboys were sayin, Prince not only got major minutes, but he asserted himself well last night ON THE DEFENSIVE END.

That's all I needed to hear. Short term, great, we won the game. Long term, greater, Bud's going to play the man. In fact, we need to have dueling threads... the THjr "PAY THE MAN" thread.... jostling for the top of the board with a Prince "PLAY THE MAN" thread. :D

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Until last night (CLE), Bud's been proving right the working theory that he likely would start giving Prince big minutes after the break.

But even as one of Prince's strongest advocates, I have to admit he looked tentative if not overwhelmed in that one. Still yet, he needs that floor time as part of his maturing. It's a delicate thing, I guess... you don't want him to have his confidence destroyed, and yet, he's got to be exposed to some fire in the refining process.

Hope to see a lot more of him vs. IND next game.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, sturt said:

Until last night (CLE), Bud's been proving right the working theory that he likely would start giving Prince big minutes after the break.

But even as one of Prince's strongest advocates, I have to admit he looked tentative if not overwhelmed in that one. Still yet, he needs that floor time as part of his maturing. It's a delicate thing, I guess... you don't want him to have his confidence destroyed, and yet, he's got to be exposed to some fire in the refining process.

Hope to see a lot more of him vs. IND next game.

If he was playing more to start the season, probably wouldn't be overwhelmed now. 

Hopefully he keeps playing so by playoff time he's a little more prepared.

With Dunleavy out indefinitely, he should play.

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If he was playing more to start the season, probably wouldn't be overwhelmed now. 

Hopefully he keeps playing so by playoff time he's a little more prepared.

With Dunleavy out indefinitely, he should play.

He's ready....he's been ready...:-)

IMG_9067.GIF

IMG_9068.GIF

He shows he can earn those minutes when not yanked so quickly in games. Last night was just a great example. Stats across the board and seventeen points to boot with a great percentage shooting. 

• Like 3

With good time together on the floor those three guys will give us the consistent scoring that had been so inconsistent. Seems Bud has finally been forced to play Prince the required minutes for that to happen improving our future outlook and Tim consistently gets lots of minutes these days and is scoring very well and at a high percentage (excluding the Memphis game). We have scored over 100 points a game in six of the last eight including that fourth quarter outburst that gave us 135 points against the Cavs. Surely hope Tim is back. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Thomas said:

With good time together on the floor those three guys will give us the consistent scoring that had been so inconsistent. Seems Bud has finally been forced to play Prince the required minutes for that to happen improving our future outlook and Tim consistently gets lots of minutes these days and is scoring very well and at a high percentage (excluding the Memphis game). We have scored over 100 points a game in six of the last eight including that fourth quarter outburst that gave us 135 points against the Cavs. Surely hope Tim is back. 

I just had a sickening thought - when Dunleavy come back from his ankle injury.......Bud will once again bench Prince.

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I just had a sickening thought - when Dunleavy come back from his ankle injury.......Bud will once again bench Prince.

A deep dark thought.