• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Congrats Paul on another all star bid

capstone21

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Y'all hear me fuss about this every year, at least since back when the NBA world groveled everytime Joe would go.

I think the early 1980s (?) were the last times the NBA had minimum rosters down at 12. They had been at 13 for a long time, and are about to go up to 14 with the new CBA.

So, why are there only 12 named All-Stars (not counting injury replacements) every season? It's 2016! The league's that cash-strapped that they can't possibly include an 8th reserve?

I think the league gets its jollies off of seeing the fan reactions when Would-Be-All-Star #13 in each conference gets "snubbed" annually. The snooty people of Philadelphia need to take up THIS issue with the Commish, rather than garble about who shouldn't have gotten in ahead of their sacred cow du jour.

~lw3

I've been saying for years the AS rosters should be at 15 to match a real team's rosters. More guys in the game means more fans being happy and more chances to $$$ in for the NBA. Why not do expand to 15? It makes so much sense.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I've been saying for years the AS rosters should be at 15 to match a real team's rosters. More guys in the game means more fans being happy and more chances to $$$ in for the NBA. Why not do expand to 15? It makes so much sense.

Because more players can use 'I'm an Allstar" in negotiations?

It's really stupid not to expand the roster.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Paul George doesn't even have a POTW to his name (his former teammate George Hill does though, go figure). Dennis came mighty close to one.  Some outlets think Lilliard was snubbed?  GTFOH!

As I said, he didn't deserve to be an AS this year. Not one center in the East and Dwight got robbed.

• Premium Member

I wouldn't know who I'd pick if I had to choose between Drummond and Dwight. OK, I'd choose Dwight for "basketball reasons", but having PG instead of those guys... They gotta have a permanent spot for a "real" C in those rosters. That change sucked.

I really don't care much about the all-star weekend, but I'm glad the Green B*tch wasn't even mentioned this year.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

I wouldn't know who I'd pick if I had to choose between Drummond and Dwight. OK, I'd choose Dwight for "basketball reasons", but having PG instead of those guys... They gotta have a permanent spot for a "real" C in those rosters. That change sucked.

I really don't care much about the all-star weekend, but I'm glad the Green B*tch wasn't even mentioned this year.

Drummond has sucked this year for the most part.  DET has a problem.  Dude has plateaued as a player and they've paid him as if he's prime-Dwight.  He ain't that.

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I understand not slotting all 5 postions but at least have G,F,C

I agree with no 'C' designation.  That teams were forced to name a 'C' is the only reason Alice is a multi-time all-star.  And that's not sour grapes, I said this last year too.

Al has gotten less national attention in ESPN's backyard than he did here but much more local criticism.  And his transition with Stevens was supposed to have been more seamless than Sap's with Dwight.  Ha.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

On board.  Just imagine the drama of which two players aren't allowed to dress and end up DNP-CD!!

toy-story-popcorn.gif

• Like 2

As usual I disagree with @AHF (which means I must be right).  Leave the rosters as they are.  There will always be snubs no matter where you set the cut line.

I prefer leaving these things as exclusive as possible especially now that dudes are using ASG selections as evidence that they should be paid more.

Who cares if Lillard got snubbed yet again.  Getchour weight up, sun.  Win some games or do the Lebron thang and make sure you play for a team on the side-of the league where it's easier to win.

OH NO YOU DIDN'T

16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

As usual I disagree with @AHF (which means I must be right).  Leave the rosters as they are.  There will always be snubs no matter where you set the cut line.

I prefer leaving these things as exclusive as possible especially now that dudes are using ASG selections as evidence that they should be paid more.

Who cares if Lillard got snubbed yet again.  Getchour weight up, sun.  Win some games or do the Lebron thang and make sure you play for a team on the side-of the league where it's easier to win.

OH NO YOU DIDN'T

As the day is long @kg01...as the day is long...

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

Just noting that you're happy throughout the day...that's all..;-)

Gray areas can kill a Nzinga huh?

What the ...

surprised doubletake

Oh My Sweet Jesus

Spud2's lost it, everybody.  @JayBirdHawk report to the thread.  A certain cat gif is needed.  Put a smile on @Sothron's face for the weekend.  Wait, not like that.  Get your mind outta the gutter.

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

What the ...

surprised doubletake

Oh My Sweet Jesus

Spud2's lost it, everybody.  @JayBirdHawk report to the thread.  A certain cat gif is needed.  Put a smile on @Sothron's face for the weekend.  Wait, not like that.  Get your mind outta the gutter.

Lmao I'm sorry that hick trucker has me bustin with his eyes...lol ooohhh that's good.