• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Wizards at Hawks

lethalweapon3

32 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Can't wait till Melo's sorry ass gets traded to someone other than us so people would stfu about bringing him here. He sucks ass!

Why do this?

And he had a horrible game tonight.   But when his team needed him, he delivered.

The Hawks can definitely use what he can bring to the table.  Especially if they're not going to defend the 3 point line.

• Like 1

“I have no idea,” Paul Millsap said when asked the reason for a slow start. “It happened so fast. It wasn’t anything they did. We just came out lackadaisical. We didn’t give them any resistance. They were able to go wherever they wanted to go. Shoot wherever they wanted to shoot. It’s more on us than them.”

2. There was a lack of effort on both sides of the ball, according to coach Mike Budenholzer and several players. However, the defense was not good from the jump. The Wizards scored 37 first-quarter points.

Budenholzer said the Hawks were not aggressive enough and offered little defensive presence.

“Some nights you don’t play well,” Budenholzer said. “We didn’t play well tonight but I think to not have a more competitive effort, to not have a better focus and competitiveness, it’s a bad combination to play poorly and to not compete at the level of your opponent.”

http://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/how-the-hawks-got-burned-the-the-red-hot-wizards/V68NFl3urRR9i1LgNoQnxI/

Disgusting.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

He has no heart and no work ethic. That's what he is the same player he was when he came into the league. The only difference is less athleticism.  YOu think Houston is sad that they got rid of his sorry rear end?

He had a double double at half. If you think he's the real problem, well, just keep on trollin'

• Like 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Why do this?

And he had a horrible game tonight.   But when his team needed him, he delivered.

The Hawks can definitely use what he can bring to the table.  Especially if they're not going to defend the 3 point line.

If they could convince him to come to Atlanta I honestly think a motivated Melo would be a great addition to our team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Why do this?

Ya the Knicks have had great success the last 6 years (green font)

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Shoot, I ain't even stay for Yachty! lol

I'm compensating tonight by binge-watching The New Edition Story... No, Bobby, no!

~lw3

Hey, it was his prerogative. He's gonna do what he wants to do. He don't need permissions to make his own decisions.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

He can't do his job anymore. He is a role player with very limited responsibilities, but he gets toasted now. He should be limited to 10-12 at the very least. He is washed up.

I gotta admit when I looked at the boxscore tonight it wasn't pretty. I love Thabo but perhaps he is slowing down. Some nights he looks good, tonight wasn't one of them. I just don't know if we can get anyone better than him right now or at the deadline. 

If we got Tucker I'd be happy letting Thabo go elsewhere but I'm not paying a 1st round pick for Tucker.

3 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I gotta admit when I looked at the boxscore tonight it wasn't pretty. I love Thabo but perhaps he is slowing down. Some nights he looks good, tonight wasn't one of them. I just don't know if we can get anyone better than him right now or at the deadline. 

If we got Tucker I'd be happy letting Thabo go elsewhere but I'm not paying a 1st round pick for Tucker.

Thabo like Bazemore are better off the bench

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Why do this?

If Atlanta could convince him to come to Atlanta, that would be a great addition. We need a #1 option and Melo is that.

Dennis

Thabo

Melo

Sap

Dwight

Tim

Moose

Bembry

Prince

Is a great look.

• Like 2

HAWK STARTING FIVE TERRIBLY UNINSPIRED !!  THEY STINK !!

This is three in a row.  Sure, they had a great, inspired comeback

against Chicago.  But, they had to fight and come back.

What is the matter?  Check out the 1st quarter in each of the past

three games.  Dead on their feet.  Couldn't or wouldn't play defense

and couldn't or wouldn't hit their shots.  A formula for disaster.

What three point line?  You mean that our opponent gets three points

if they hit a shot from way out there where we have no defender?  Interesting.

Wonder what would happen if we tried that?  Gee.  Our opponent sends

a defender out there when we try it !  Go figure.

Watching last night's game, the Hawks are not deserving to be in the same

league as Washington.  We opened the game looking like a D league team

against a great NBA team.  Having the Super Bowl bound Atlanta Falcons as

special guests and honoring them, Hawks should be ashamed of the showing

they had.  Pitiful.

Hawks have gone from lottery bound to real contenders to lottery bound.  Last

three games - - - UGH !

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

He has no heart and no work ethic. That's what he is the same player he was when he came into the league. The only difference is less athleticism.  YOu think Houston is sad that they got rid of his sorry rear end?

While I don't agree about work ethic, he's not consistent. He effort on defense can be down right awful and his butterfingers at times is embarrassing

2 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

HAWK STARTING FIVE TERRIBLY UNINSPIRED !!  THEY STINK !!

This is three in a row.  Sure, they had a great, inspired comeback

against Chicago.  But, they had to fight and come back.

What is the matter?  Check out the 1st quarter in each of the past

three games.  Dead on their feet.  Couldn't or wouldn't play defense

and couldn't or wouldn't hit their shots.  A formula for disaster.

What three point line?  You mean that our opponent gets three points

if they hit a shot from way out there where we have no defender?  Interesting.

Wonder what would happen if we tried that?  Gee.  Our opponent sends

a defender out there when we try it !  Go figure.

Watching last night's game, the Hawks are not deserving to be in the same

league as Washington.  We opened the game looking like a D league team

against a great NBA team.  Having the Super Bowl bound Atlanta Falcons as

special guests and honoring them, Hawks should be ashamed of the showing

they had.  Pitiful.

Hawks have gone from lottery bound to real contenders to lottery bound.  Last

three games - - - UGH !

This is true, losing Kyle just makes the bench worse and the starting five isn't that good. It seems like this team lives and dies off of Millsap. Without Sap playing well, we would lose every game unless Dennis is playing well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sothron said:

If they could convince him to come to Atlanta I honestly think a motivated Melo would be a great addition to our team.

Melo isn't coming to Atlanta, the Knicks are looking for a 3rd team for Jamal Crawford.

6 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

He can't do his job anymore. He is a role player with very limited responsibilities, but he gets toasted now. He should be limited to 10-12 at the very least. He is washed up.

Thabo has a groin injury, unless he's 100% he gives us nothing. 

Baze taking the most shots is a recipe for a loss.