• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Terrence Jones

Honestly I'd go all the way signing him in the offseason and get rid off of Millsap. He has played very well when AD was out and this is the last time we can get something for Sap. I'd even go for Nurkic and some filler. If in any way possible Harris. Other possibility would be noel and some filler for Sap that'd be great to but Idk if the 76ers want to be in the playoffs that badly this year already.

I'd rather start all over again than, if we're overachieving, maybe ecf. We'd have a crazy lot of cap space to spend in this or next fa. If we somehow can outcash the wizards on otto porter Jr's contract we'd have a great line up for the future.

Either 

Dennis/Delaney

THJ/Baze

Otto Porter JR/Thabo

Jones/Moose

Howard/Noel

Or 

Dennis/Delaney

THJ/Harris/Baze

Otto Porter JR/Thabo 

Jones/Moose

Howard/Nurkic

Let me know what you think about those line ups and especially terrence jones

vor 6 Stunden, JayBirdHawk sagte:

Get rid of Sap to target Terrance Jones? Makes no sense.

Indeed it makes sense. I'm not talking about being in the playoffs this or next year but having a capable core of being a contender at some time in the future instead tripping into a future of going nowhere.

Otto Porter Jr is a top 10 SF in the league right now. If you don't think so then watch wizard games. Arguably top 6 or 7 imo. 

Terrence Jones is a cheap alternative with upside to his game who elevated every time he started. Sure he's no Millsap and maybe he'll never be but considering their age and contracts I'd take him and save the money for another capable wing. Hes a skilled big man who can score and play d. 

Now what speaks for staying with Sap? Imo not much considering we want to have the chance to scratch the finals some day again. By staying with Sap, especially with his age and contract there's not that much of room for the future. In let's say 2 years we'd have a regressing Sap and D8 in the fc. No assets at all to target a bigger trade. We won't pick high enough in the draft to get something of meaning out of it. And well go nowhere in the playoffs again. 

I'd rather pull the brakes right here. We'd pick higher this year considering we would become a perennial playoff team or worse this year by losing sap. We'd have a young core with highly talented players at each position who all have the chance or already are top 10 players at their position. We'd have a good chance to pick someone who has either the chance to become an all star/franchise type of player and we'd have a lot of cap space to give to a competent wing/center whatsoever.

vor 7 Stunden, benhillboy sagte:

Sap isn't a player you "get rid of"

Maybe to harsh words. I love Sap but you know we gotta look at the bigger picture. He has a great skillset and is likely able to play on his level for two more years. But you can see his regressing on the defensive end already where he switches late/loses his man. I'd rather start over with a young core than going nowhere with Sap yet again. Sure it isn't Saps fault but he will demand much of our cap space and let's us in a role where we pretty much can't improve much as a team 

• Like 1

Right now, as Millsap goes, so goes the Hawks.  He is "the it" as far as

the Atl Hawks are concerned.  Check it out.  If he does well, Hawks do well.

If he struggles, so do the Hawks.

Check out the last three games - - 1st quarter.  Millsap could do nothing on

offense and neither could the rest of the team.  He got hot in the final few minutes

and so did the rest of the team.  Hawks pulled that one out and he led the way.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, StephenHawking said:

Indeed it makes sense. I'm not talking about being in the playoffs this or next year but having a capable core of being a contender at some time in the future instead tripping into a future of going nowhere.

Otto Porter Jr is a top 10 SF in the league right now. If you don't think so then watch wizard games. Arguably top 6 or 7 imo. 

Terrence Jones is a cheap alternative with upside to his game who elevated every time he started. Sure he's no Millsap and maybe he'll never be but considering their age and contracts I'd take him and save the money for another capable wing. Hes a skilled big man who can score and play d. 

Now what speaks for staying with Sap? Imo not much considering we want to have the chance to scratch the finals some day again. By staying with Sap, especially with his age and contract there's not that much of room for the future. In let's say 2 years we'd have a regressing Sap and D8 in the fc. No assets at all to target a bigger trade. We won't pick high enough in the draft to get something of meaning out of it. And well go nowhere in the playoffs again. 

I'd rather pull the brakes right here. We'd pick higher this year considering we would become a perennial playoff team or worse this year by losing sap. We'd have a young core with highly talented players at each position who all have the chance or already are top 10 players at their position. We'd have a good chance to pick someone who has either the chance to become an all star/franchise type of player and we'd have a lot of cap space to give to a competent wing/center whatsoever.

Question:  Do  you make this post if Sap didn't have a bad game on Friday night, and the Wizards didn't blow us out?

My point is . . . we have too many knee jerk reactions ( going both ways ) after a big win or a big loss.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Turrible. T-Jones is just another serviceable backup big. 

Definitely not turrible.  In fact, the Hawks could probably keep Sap AND go after Jones, if they wanted.

Jones is 25, which may limit how much upside he really has.  And he really hasn't improved any part of his game since coming into the league.   He reminds me of Marvin Williams.  Solid player that only does something spectacular every blue moon.

Here is one of those "blue moons".

29 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Definitely not turrible.  In fact, the Hawks could probably keep Sap AND go after Jones, if they wanted.

Jones is 25, which may limit how much upside he really has.  And he really hasn't improved any part of his game since coming into the league.   He reminds me of Marvin Williams.  Solid player that only does something spectacular every blue moon.

So he's a serviceable backup and "input" starter if needed... great... I love being average 

• Like 1

vor 6 Stunden, Gray Mule sagte:

Right now, as Millsap goes, so goes the Hawks.  He is "the it" as far as

the Atl Hawks are concerned.  Check it out.  If he does well, Hawks do well.

If he struggles, so do the Hawks.

Check out the last three games - - 1st quarter.  Millsap could do nothing on

offense and neither could the rest of the team.  He got hot in the final few minutes

and so did the rest of the team.  Hawks pulled that one out and he led the way.

You're absolutely right but I don't see us going anywhere with Sap. Honestly there's being a contender or trying to improve. We're going for neither option atm. We can go to the ecf if we're lucky but I don't think of it as a positive thing as long as we can't contend. 

To sum it up I'd rather play worse for a season or two and maybe have a chance to contend in the future than playing right where our ceiling is as a third or 4th seed in the east.

• Like 1

vor 2 Stunden, TheNorthCydeRises sagte:

Question:  Do  you make this post if Sap didn't have a bad game on Friday night, and the Wizards didn't blow us out?

My point is . . . we have too many knee jerk reactions ( going both ways ) after a big win or a big loss.

Probably no. But these are exactly the games where we need to show up. If we can't stand a chance to win versus Boston or the wizards than I'd rather try something new. 

Its not about Sap. If he'd be 26 or we would have more cap space I'd surely stay with him. But his contract will limit this team for future years. I'd rather take a down year without him and get something good/alright for him than staying with Saps crazy contract he's about to get offered and being in playoff no mans land for another couple of years.

And you gotta agree that jones is a great value considering his contract. You'd have money to go for otto porter who is great already and get something for Sap in return. Thats not that bad at all in my opinion

• Like 1

vor 1 Stunde, TheNorthCydeRises sagte:

Pelicans fans even consider trading AD to start him and get some great players out of AD to start next to jones. 

Idk where I can see his stats when starting this season but as far as I know he posted great numbers across the board.

20 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

@PSSSHHHRRR87 Aren't you a mod? You liked a post on this thread like 6 hours ago but didn't move it to the right forum. Do ur job!

Sorry push I just read what I wrote and I sound like a lady during that time of the month. Mods are awesome and do a great job...I guess I woke up on the ground today...not even the wrong side of the bed...

peace be with you!

49 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

Pelicans fans even consider trading AD to start him and get some great players out of AD to start next to jones. 

Idk where I can see his stats when starting this season but as far as I know he posted great numbers across the board.

Now that's stupid. If they think they are trading AD and getting 'great players' to play next to Jones they have entirely lost their marbles.

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Now that's stupid. If they think they are trading AD and getting 'great players' to play next to Jones they have entirely lost their marbles.

1:10 mark lol

vor einer Stunde, JayBirdHawk sagte:

well just go on realgm and check it. Im not even cosigning this idea i rather just wanted to emphasize how good terrence jones can be if given a starter role. 

The rockets fans only got praise for him too.

As I said for his possible new contract hell have GREAT VALUE