• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Terrence Jones

Sap is going to get a 4-year deal and if he is signed by the Hawks it will likely be a 5-year deal IMO.

In terms of having enough $ for another FA starter, if we sign Millsap (cap hold of ~$30M), then we only have a little over ~$6M for a FA starter. That is assuming that we renounce all rights/cap holds (Splitter, Sefolosha, Scott, Hardaway Jr., Muscala) and just have a 1st round rookie salary at pick #22 and three rookie min. salary spots filling in the rest of the roster (Howard, Baze, Schröder, Delaney, Prince and Bembry are the only guaranteed contracts for 2017-2018).

Maybe Millsap takes a huge discount and we can actually sign him for less than his cap hold, say $25M - still looking at only ~$11M in cap space that will likely be used on existing players (Muscala, possibly THJ, maybe Thabo).

Either way, we are looking at an inferior (best case it's neutral) roster if we resign Millsap.

Edited by Bankingitbig
  • Like 1

vor 13 Minuten, Spud2Nique sagte:

58 win squad with Sap...14 without him? If these numbers by BSPN are accurate, then we sign Sap..period!

IMG_8347.PNG

You don't get what we're about.. Some people rather take a couple of down years for maybe being a contender in the future.

You know sometimes you gotta take a step back to take two steps forward. Not any team is in a situation like Boston.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

Sap is going to get a 4-year deal and if he is signed by the Hawks it will likely be a 5-year deal IMO.

In terms of having enough $ for another FA starter, if we sign Millsap (cap hold of ~$30M), then we only have a little over ~$6M for a FA starter. That is assuming that we renounce all rights/cap holds (Splitter, Sefolosha, Scott, Hardaway Jr., Muscala) and just have a 1st round rookie salary at pick #22 and three rookie min. salary spots filling in the rest of the roster (Howard, Baze, Schröder, Delaney, Prince and Bembry are the only guaranteed contracts for 2017-2018).

Maybe Millsap takes a huge discount and we can actually sign him for less than his cap hold, say $25M - still looking at only ~$11M in cap space that will likely be used on existing players (Muscala, possibly THJ, maybe Thabo).

Either way, we are looking at an inferior (best case it's neutral) roster if we resign Millsap.

If we resign Millsap, I think it is a safe bet we will not renounce all those rights and will rely (instead of on cap space) on 3 first round picks (2017, Prince and Bembry), resigning guys to whom we have rights and our available exceptions to fill out the roster.  We won't be spending more on a FA who is not on the roster than the MLE.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StephenHawking said:

You don't get what we're about.. Some people rather take a couple of down years for maybe being a contender in the future.

You know sometimes you gotta take a step back to take two steps forward. Not any team is in a situation like Boston.

Couple of down years huh? Do you remember the Hawks 2000-2007? I don't wanna go back. Some franchises it could take less time to rebuild, we aren't one of them.

vor 2 Minuten, Spud2Nique sagte:

Couple of down years huh? Do you remember the Hawks 2000-2007? I don't wanna go back. Some franchises it could take less time to rebuild, we aren't one of them.

OK I prefer winning a title some day over continously playing with nowhere to go. 

But those are personal preferences and thats alright for me ☺

38 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

OK I prefer winning a title some day over continously playing with nowhere to go. 

But those are personal preferences and thats alright for me ☺

We are in the same boat. But even if you rebuild, there are no guarantees.

19 hours ago, hazer said:

Hmmmmm, y'all still talking about this? Almost 4 frikin' pages for Terrance Frikin' Jones...

I'm still surprised it's still in homecourt - that's the funniest thing.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm still surprised it's still in homecourt - that's the funniest thing.

It's not like we have board mods so ...

(hehe)

#inb4thalockmoov

On 1/30/2017 at 4:18 AM, Spud2Nique said:

And how'd they do?

You didn't watch the game yesterday did you?

WCF. I didn't but I saw the stats. I'd expect him to score that in a game where you play 50+ minutes. I never said Millsap is a scrub. I'm just saying if you resign Millsap, you're pretty much saying you're bringing back the same team from this season to next season since you won't have the financial flexibility to sign any FAs really.

• Like 1

vor 4 Stunden, BigDog90 sagte:

WCF. I didn't but I saw the stats. I'd expect him to score that in a game where you play 50+ minutes. I never said Millsap is a scrub. I'm just saying if you resign Millsap, you're pretty much saying you're bringing back the same team from this season to next season since you won't have the financial flexibility to sign any FAs really.

Exactly. Millsap is a great player and surely the best on our team but we won't improve with giving him the money he's going to demand. We have to make a cut right here to save the chance of maybe having a contending team in 2 two 3 years

1 hour ago, StephenHawking said:

Exactly. Millsap is a great player and surely the best on our team but we won't improve with giving him the money he's going to demand. We have to make a cut right here to save the chance of maybe having a contending team in 2 two 3 years

A Chance at maybe!! I don't like them odds!!

So how do we get to a contending team by trading Millsap when the expected return has been garbage? Patrick Patterson and Terrence Ross sure won't help.

What's your plan if Sap does leave in FA? And no Terrance Jones is not the answer :biggrin:.  

I have my ideas but I would like to hear yours.

vor 8 Stunden, JayBirdHawk sagte:

A Chance at maybe!! I don't like them odds!!

So how do we get to a contending team by trading Millsap when the expected return has been garbage? Patrick Patterson and Terrence Ross sure won't help.

What's your plan if Sap does leave in FA? And no Terrance Jones is not the answer :biggrin:.  

Well honestly I'm not good at that. For example if I'd start all over I'd start all over. That would mean to trade Howard too but I really don't know his value to other teams.

Considering we trade Millsap I'd say for Nurkic and Harris we'd be way worse this season but yet again would pick way higher in the strongest draft since about 10 years. We could go for either a SF or a PF inside the lottery.

Imo I'd try to trade baze too even if it's for a garbage  veteran who's on a one year contract or whatever. 

I'd pay THJ.

Schröder 

THJ

Draft SF

Jones

Nurkic 

I'd trade Howard for Koufos and more but Idk what the could offer to sweeten the deal

Schröder Delaney

THJ Harris 

Draft SF(Josh Jackson/Jonathan Isaac) Prince  

Jones musky 

Koufos Nurkic 

And a ton of money to spend in FA.

Sure it's a team that has to develop. But we have the facility and the potential with these players to have a great team in the future considering we still have the money to sign an impact player.

Edited by StephenHawking

1 hour ago, StephenHawking said:

My first option would still be to sign otto porter Jr if possible.

Schröder/Delaney

Thj/Harris/Bembry 

Otto Porter Jr/Prince

Jones/PF Draft (Isaac/Giles/Hartenstein)

Koufos/Nurkic 

And still money to sign another impact player.

Good God. There's too many things in my mind to say about this right now. First off, that is a 20 win team. You wanna trade Sap for Nurkic/Harris and Dwight for Koufos???? By doing all this at the deadline (Feb. 23rd), you then expect us to immediately tank (and it's very possible with this new squad) and climb into the lottery. We would have roughly 32-35 wins by the trade deadline, even if we completely fell on our faces, we couldn't get into a top 10 or 12 lotto pick. In our final 26 games after the all star break, we would have to go around 4-22 or 5-21 to crack a top 10 spot. With Bud's system, you can have @kg01 running the point, @JayBirdHawk as our Kawhi-lite wing and me as our big, shut up kg, and we still would win a handful of games. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel, if we ran a starting 5 of Dennis, Timmy, Otto (who we'd never get anyways), Terrance Jones (I'm tired of his name) and Koufos, we would be a 2017-18 bottom 5 team but oh wait, that draft isn't as good as this years so we'd get some project player who most likely wouldn't have a chance at stardom. I dunno....let's go back to the drawing board. To me, this is a great way to be in the lottery for the next 10 years not to mention having a great chance of lowering our attendance and getting poor Bud fired lol. I can't get on board with this plan.

10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You got ur wish! As Allison Burgers says in the Dictator "I threw in some carob-covered goji berries just as a treat...ENJAY!"

vor 2 Stunden, Spud2Nique sagte:

Good God. There's too many things in my mind to say about this right now. First off, that is a 20 win team. You wanna trade Sap for Nurkic/Harris and Dwight for Koufos???? By doing all this at the deadline (Feb. 23rd), you then expect us to immediately tank (and it's very possible with this new squad) and climb into the lottery. We would have roughly 32-35 wins by the trade deadline, even if we completely fell on our faces, we couldn't get into a top 10 or 12 lotto pick. In our final 26 games after the all star break, we would have to go around 4-22 or 5-21 to crack a top 10 spot. With Bud's system, you can have @kg01 running the point, @JayBirdHawk as our Kawhi-lite wing and me as our big, shut up kg, and we still would win a handful of games. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel, if we ran a starting 5 of Dennis, Timmy, Otto (who we'd never get anyways), Terrance Jones (I'm tired of his name) and Koufos, we would be a 2017-18 bottom 5 team but oh wait, that draft isn't as good as this years so we'd get some project player who most likely wouldn't have a chance at stardom. I dunno....let's go back to the drawing board. To me, this is a great way to be in the lottery for the next 10 years not to mention having a great chance of lowering our attendance and getting poor Bud fired lol. I can't get on board with this plan.

I see what you did there. You read what you wanted to read. First of all I stated that I don't really know about the value of Howard. The only thing I read is that other teams don't rate him as high we do. Secondly this draft is loaded. Even outside the lottery you can get star potential. For example hartenstein(as I stated- which you apparently also ignored). Third thing you ignored is that I mentioned that we'd have the money to spend on another starter we could add. Fourth thing is even though youre a homer(as i see) you should be aware that Saps value considering his contract is exactly nurkic and harris. Nothing more nothing less. The demand determines the offer. So there's that.

I really HATE how people react to ideas on this board. You get constantly mocked on this board if you have a different view than the majority. Instead of to each his own and arguing in a well rounded discussion it always ends this way. 

Please don't answer anymore if you can't argue without mocking people.