• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Knicks "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Paul Millsap: "There was no chance I was coming out. I've never played 60 minutes of basketball before. It was great."

I love SAP. THERE I SAID IT!!! Lol (actually I've said it about 20 times but nobody listens..sadly, it's the kids that suffer..)

There should be a promotional hard hat night for Sap...in Hawks colors...and say..SAP on the front instead of hard hat...

IMG_8336.JPG

10 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I couldn't make it out, what the chant was, but here it goes...

Also, I'm calling Family Services in the morning. Way too many tykes jumping around in orange-and-blue today.

~lw3

~lw3

Oh no those weren't tykes, that was @TheNorthCydeRises and his friends sporting their Melo jerseys..lol..I kid I kid! :-)

I noticed at one point Baze screwing up his defensive assignment and whining about his mistake to the refs while Bud was giving it to Baze. I kind of enjoyed seeing that as it holds players accountable for their own mistakes. Bud was looking for an answer from Baze but I think Baze didn't have one so he was trying to avoid Bud lol. 

I wonder if Bud is going to send Baze backing in the next 3 weeks. I would like us to explore trades and see if we can't land that veteran wing that can play both sides of the court and has a nice stroke.

22 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I noticed at one point Baze screwing up his defensive assignment and whining about his mistake to the refs while Bud was giving it to Baze. I kind of enjoyed seeing that as it holds players accountable for their own mistakes. Bud was looking for an answer from Baze but I think Baze didn't have one so he was trying to avoid Bud lol. 

I wonder if Bud is going to send Baze backing in the next 3 weeks. I would like us to explore trades and see if we can't land that veteran wing that can play both sides of the court and has a nice stroke.

Baze needs to go. He'll never be the great SF the Hawks needs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I wonder if Bud is going to send Baze backing packing in the next 3 weeks. I would like us to explore trades and see if we can't land that veteran wing that can play both sides of the court and has a nice stroke.

Bye Baze

Image result for packing bags gif

Veteran

Image result for veteran

Defense

Nice stroke

Stop fighting it.  Come on over to the dark side.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Bye Baze

Veteran

Image result for veteran

Defense

Nice stroke

Stop fighting it.  Come on over to the dark side.

SOLD!!!! 

Dennis

Timmy

Melo

Sap

Dwight

Take us to the finals!

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I love SAP. THERE I SAID IT!!! Lol (actually I've said it about 20 times but nobody listens..sadly, it's the kids that suffer..)

There should be a promotional hard hat night for Sap...in Hawks colors...and say..SAP on the front instead of hard hat...

IMG_8336.JPG

I hear you, man. I hear you.

So after the first two or three weeks this season who thought we would ever see Baze play fifty minutes in one game for us. That number in a box score doesn't seem possible even with Bud calling the plays. Extending circumstances and all but its still a big surprise to me.    

9 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Oh no those weren't tykes, that was @TheNorthCydeRises and his friends sporting their Melo jerseys..lol..I kid I kid! :-)

Is it against chat etiquette to reveal to everyone that you admitted to being a sMelo fan in chat?

ETA: Also, how devastating is it for Knix fans to have lost that game?  Ha, you clowns invested like 8 hours to watching that game only to see your guys lose.  Haaaa!

Edited by kg01

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Also, how devastating is it for Knix fans to have lost that game?  Ha, you clowns invested like 8 hours to watching that game only to see your guys lose.  Haaaa!

Anything to aggravate and irritate Phil's Zen plateau is good with me. That tooth puller loss couldn't happen to a nicer guy/jerk. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I couldn't make it out, what the chant was, but here it goes...

Also, I'm calling Family Services in the morning. Way too many tykes jumping around in orange-and-blue today.

~lw3

~lw3

Seems the fans were also chanting, "Knicks don't want you ..."  Probably why you weren't able to make it out.  Fans switched it up.

• Moderators

I once traded Paul Simon's Graceland for what I thought would be the next great Terence Trent D'Arby album. Wouldn't recommend it.

But I digress.

(TL; DR version of the data below) So far, Hawks across-the-board have pretty much elevated their perimeter accuracy and volume in the weeks since Kylezilla was shipped off to Northeast Ohio.

At the same time, most Cavs, particularly the Big 3, have slumped, although Kyle has been Kyle in this area.

*Sample-size and apples-and-oranges warnings apply

Select 3FG%s since "K-Day" (January 5th), min. 2.0 3FG attempts per game:

[pre-K-Day values in brackets, Hawks in bold]

Iman Shumpert: 48.2% (4.7 3FGAs per game) [37.6%, 3.1]

Mike Dunleavy, Jr.: 48.1% (2.7 3FGAs per game) [35.1%, 2.5 in CLE]

Kent Bazemore: 41.4% (4.5 3FGAs per game) [29.6%, 3.5]

Kyle Korver: 40.4% (5.2 3FGAs per game) [40.9%, 5.0 in ATL]

Dennis Schröder: 40.0% (3.5 3FGAs per game) [35.2%, 3.6]

Kyrie Irving: 39.0% (6.8 3FGAs per game) [42.0%, 5.6]

Malcolm Delaney: 38.5% (2.0 3FGAs per game) [18.4%, 1.4]

Paul Millsap: 36.2% (3.9 3FGAs per game) [32.5%, 3.6]

Tim Hardaway, Jr.: 36.1%** (5.5 3FGAs per game) [32.9%, 4.6]

Kevin Love: 31.6% (6.9 3FGAs per game) [39.7%, 6.8]

Channing Frye: 30.4% (3.8 3FGAs per game) [46.5%, 4.8]

LeBron James: 30.2% (3.6 3FGAs per game) [37.5%, 4.9]

J.R. Smith: Injured on Dec. 20 [36.2%, 6.6]

**Junior was up around 39.3% before going Bagel-for-9 yesterday.

~lw3

• Like 3