• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat

lethalweapon3

I think everybody and I mean everybody should be on the block. Smh. I would say we need more talent but we just got beat by a team that doesn't have all that much talent themselves in Miami. I'm sure I'll feel different in 24 hours when this Jekyll and Hyde team beats the Rox. Lol. 

We know how inconsistent this team is, nothing new.  They could beat Houston by 10 tomorrow and who would be surprised.  I've always been a Spoelstra fan, much rather give him his props for leading his stealth-tank team to great play of late.  Riley pissed they won 9 straight.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Piss poor effort all around.  Nothing else to add except.......3 weeks to the trade deadline.

I didn't see the game but i can pretty much imagine what happened.    Starters numbers are embarrassing.     I think this trade deadline is really important to see if we can bring back some talent that is getting moved.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Tip: Watching Hawks games are sooooooo much more fun if you go play a round of hoops with Stephen Jackson first. Or, so I'm told.

~lw3

Or Don Nelson... or B Diddy or left off the initial report but my own intuition...one Al Harrington! :-X

• Moderators

2. Paul Millsap said he shoulders much of the responsibility for the Hawks’ slow starts. They have allowed 37-point first quarters to the Wizards and Knicks before allowing 29 to the Heat in the last three games.

“I don’t know where to put the finger but we’ve got to come out with more intensity, come up more ready to play defense,” Millsap said. “I think the offense is okay but defensively we are not showing any type of intensity. We are not making it hard on them. I take a lot of that pressure. I’ve got to do a better job of leading these guys from the start.”

I didn't see the Heat game so maybe this applies there but in our last few losses and even some of the wins there is no way I would call our offense okay.   Typically good defense leads to good offense and I'm a big believer in that, but this Hawks team seems like bad offense leads to really lazy defense and we get smoked quickly.     I know our starters are more than capable on defense.  They are way above average individually and collectively on defense.   But they are weak offensively as a group and they are letting that failure affect their overall performance.    

It really concerns me though that the team thinks the offense is ok.   That's what leads to having 80 point games against the real contenders in the league.   We are way below average in most offensive categories.   

On 2/1/2017 at 9:50 PM, Spud2Nique said:

I think everybody and I mean everybody should be on the block. Smh. I would say we need more talent but we just got beat by a team that doesn't have all that much talent themselves in Miami. I'm sure I'll feel different in 24 hours when this Jekyll and Hyde team beats the Rox. Lol. 

Take everybody off the block...:-|

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You are just like this team - Jekyll and Hide :laugh:

I swear I wasn't like this before. This year has me baffled. It's almost like the Hawks are f*ckin with me for shits n giggles...:-(

Wait a minute ... waiit a minute, wait a muthafkn minute, I'd long tuned out of this game so I totally missed all this.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/heats-hassan-whiteside-calls-hawks-taurean-prince-fake-tough-guy/

"The guy -- he just wrapped me up. It was a dangerous play," said Whiteside, who didn't know until after the game it was Prince who had slammed him to the court because teammates wouldn't tell him who had done it. "Fake tough guy -- that's what happened."

Prince didn't throw him to the ground.  It was a bang-bang play, Prince actually looked like he was trying to soften the guy's fall.  Am I wrong?

"Fake tough guy"?  Really?

Who's the fake tough guy when you go to the media to start yappin long after the fact?

Who's the fake tough guy who jumps into the rookie, acts all big and bad, back-peddles with an adeptness unseen since Deion Sanders was a rookie CB, then starts bowin' up once like 8 dudes come between you?

Hmm?

Your teammates "wouldn't tell you who had done it"?  As if you were gonna do anything.

F*ck you, fake-a**, number-chasin', no impact on winnin' a** fugazy thug.

Have fun in the lottery, Heat fans.  Now that the new CBA has effectively done away with high-level free agency, have fun resting on Riley's draft prowess to build your team (look it up, ain't good).

On February 3, 2017 at 4:09 PM, lethalweapon3 said:

"...this is fine..."

~tp12

Wow, I never would have guessed that was fine-worthy, at least on Prince. That it was even a FF2 seemed pretty questionable to me. Looked like Whiteside just lost his footing more than anything else. And yes, Prince was obviously trying to soften the fall and not "slamming" Whiteside to the ground. Now that's some bull right there.

On February 3, 2017 at 2:19 PM, kg01 said:

Wait a minute ... waiit a minute, wait a muthafkn minute, I'd long tuned out of this game so I totally missed all this.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/heats-hassan-whiteside-calls-hawks-taurean-prince-fake-tough-guy/

Prince didn't throw him to the ground.  It was a bang-bang play, Prince actually looked like he was trying to soften the guy's fall.  Am I wrong?

"Fake tough guy"?  Really?

Who's the fake tough guy when you go to the media to start yappin long after the fact?

Who's the fake tough guy who jumps into the rookie, acts all big and bad, back-peddles with an adeptness unseen since Deion Sanders was a rookie CB, then starts bowin' up once like 8 dudes come between you?

Hmm?

Your teammates "wouldn't tell you who had done it"?  As if you were gonna do anything.

F*ck you, fake-a**, number-chasin', no impact on winnin' a** fugazy thug.

Have fun in the lottery, Heat fans.  Now that the new CBA has effectively done away with high-level free agency, have fun resting on Riley's draft prowess to build your team (look it up, ain't good).

Exactly @kg01. The F is this guy talking about!?!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LamarHampton said:

The F is this guy talking about!?!

Even Spoelstra and Riley can't stand him so it kinda figures he spouts stuff along with the other serious flaws he has. 

• Like 1