• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Pay Tim Hardaway Jr

NBASupes

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Bazemore needs to just be off the team honestly.

I'm praying for a trade, lol.

We need a sucker team to take him.

Let THjr and Bembry man the SG spot

THJ can be a damn 20 point scorer on an avg if he wanted to. I have no clue why we are relying so heavy on Dennis and Sap to lead us in points and carry us on offense! SMH...Makes absolutely no sense!  I do not care if THJ isn't as good in defense as thabo or Baze as long as he tries his best...he need to start for one of them ASAP...alot of the defense issues in my opinion comes from bad, terrible, horrible offensive possessions other than the no effort of course. 

Its unfortunate but we are going to have to pay THJ his money...he's only 24 and we have such a need for offensive scoring he may be our best bet as far as free agency and he's restricted. 

With more time on the floor as a FULL time starter I believe Dennis, THJ, Thabo, SAP, Howard can flourish. STOP wasting time bud and get THJ in the starting lineup so he can get use to playing with these guys.

I don't care what it takes to keep THJ if the hawks don't its completely stupid and may be the first time i actually call out BUD. THJ has carried us in more 4th quarters this year than any of the starters from what i can remember.

And Last  to finish off yet another THJ Rant this season....the way I see it is that the near future for the hawks looks good. Dennis, Hardaway, Bazemore, Prince, Bembry ALL have some good very solid potential while some may have higher potential than others.

Dennis -I can see getting more consistent and making the all star game as a reserve consistently. Call me crazy and dare i say it but if he continues to improve that mid range I see some Tony Parker potential in him.

Hardaway Jr - I can see being a better version of JR Smith cause of better shot selection and offensive smarts as the years go by and a highly possible 20 pt avg per game scorer in this spurs system. Good thing bud and staff got a hold of him early. He's damn near a promise to be a good player offensively...i wouldn't dare say he'll be a star but he will get the JR Smith status as far as being a good scorer later on in his career as long as he's starting.

Baze- Need to just settle down and get back to what he did last year and he should be fine

Prince & Bembry - We will just have to see what they bring to the table once bud plays them.

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bring Baze off the bench.

PLEASE!...I say theres nothing wrong paying THJ and keeping Baze to bring baze off the bench.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Once you pay him, his play will begin to suffer. That's just how these things tend to work.

I highly disagree....if you don't pay him someone else will and our offense struggles will get worse as we depend on dennis and old man sap to carry the whole load.

I'm hoping that Dennis is either hurt or in a period in which he needs to adjust again (which more rational people have talked about). If he can really be about a 45-46%/35%/82% guy, he can be Jrue Holiday with better health.

But Bazemore. He's 27 years old. He's a UDFA. I don't care how much good work for the community he does. He's not good. Get him off the team.

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Bazemore needs to just be off the team honestly.

Honestly I don't mind Baze if he can atleast hit his open jumpers like he has in this month of January. But by all means THJ is just a better fit even if people thinks his defense stinks. If we had a scoring SF, Baze would be just fine at SG but we don't ....we have a scoring SG that can help take a lot of pressure off of Dennis and Sap and now since this has come about we need to pay him (THJ)...see what prince can provide (can he be our next Thabo/DMC?) if so great...then we can address the PF spot cause by that time we learn all this info sap will be old as hell no matter we resign him or not.

I like our future resigning THJ. I feel we have our backcourt locked down and its time to figure out the rest of the future roster.

Just now, Lurker said:

If they can't dump Bazemore's contract they are going to be pretty trapped. Hardaway Jr is a good talent but is a risk. I would have tried to hammer out a friendly deal with him and just let Bazemore walk.

Too late now...we cant risk letting THJ walk...no matter how anyone looks at it our biggest problem is still offense. We need THJ's scoring and while I personally don't feel THJ is a risk offensively I say to any that does think hes a risk....its just one we are going to have to take.

Bazemore will be fine if we can establish Prince as a good SF and one that can start. That way then Baze can go back to being the back up SG like during the 60 win season and Thabo if hes still playing came go back to being the backup SF.

Or we could try to dump baze but i doubt that happens.

Hawks' near future should be The Menace and matched THJr in the backcourt, freshPrince and re-signed Sap in the frontcourt, and D8. Then draft very well at PF and C. Bembry backs up 1 and 2, Blaze backs up 2 and 3. Hump backs up 4 and 5.

Edited by hazer
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

That dunk at the end to close the door on the Rockets was incredible. I damn near spilled my drink on the guy in front of me. I need a gif of that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omg I lost it when that happened...I was like Baze at the end of the game just punching the air relentlessly! Wow!

• Premium Member

Baze had an air ball and one particularly dumb foul, but I also saw the guy shut down Harden for long stretches when he had the assignment, especially the 2nd quarter. Had a few nice passes (it was his to the curling THjr on the late dunk), and when he shot in rhythm, his shot went down (or should've went down--he did have that one go in and rattle out).  Was he the 3rd best player on the floor tonight, of course not.

But I think there's overkill going on here. There's such a thing as going too far and such a thing as being impatient. Baze contributes. And so often he continues to be expected to guard 3s, and tonight, he was part of a 3 wing crew for a good part of the game.

New thought tonight that may have already occurred to several others... this offense doesn't flow with Howard the way it flowed with Horf, and it doesn't seem we're getting much in the way of fast break opps the way we have before... need to go look up some numbers to see if that's just my perception... but if true, it's arguable that no player's game is more affected by that evolution than Bazemore's.

Final thought before I duck to elude the rotten tomatoes action...

Anybody get the irony that tonight people are celebrating a player who in preseason was being cast as a cast-off who we just trade and get whatever we can possibly get while we can?

Yeah.... hehe... well...

stno.gif

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Junior is the player that the Hawks wasted a 1st round pick to obtain,

if I remember correctly.  We gave someone our 1st round pick for him.

Fans cried, swore, growled and this went on and on.

Do I remember this correctly?

Yes sir...essentially we flipped the 15th pick (Oubre) for the 18th (Jerian Grant) and a 2nd rounder if I'm not mistaken. I initially thought the deal wasn't so bad...then Timmy played and looked lost, then he seemed to change his entire game and become a completely different player than he was in NY...then came the lack of playing time, then came the developmental summers and learning our schemes...then came a few teasing games where he showed up nicely earlier on this year..and tonight, well, tonight was just special. I can't believe he scored 23 of his 33 in the 4th quarter alone and in doing so, scored more than the entire Rockets team in the final frame. I'm still in shock. Just feel so happy for the guy. He seems like such a good guy.