• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Extended Minutes For Mr. Bembry

Wurider05

He played the smartest, most tenacious and mature defense I've seen from any of the guards not named DMike.  Got called for a few ticky-tack reach-ins but that's more on the ref than the afro.  He showed an understanding of where his teammates were and defended accordingly.  

He played defense with his feet, not his hands (lookin' at you, Skip!).

He didn't bite on every fake or go flying out of the screen when Har en's eyebrows raised (lookin' at you, Skip).

He didn't get lost on screens (lookin' at you, Skip).

On top of that, he played smart offense.  Did y'all see the excellent cuts to the cup he was making?  Solid.

If this performance, along with his other solid performances earlier in the year, doesn't earn him more minutes I don't know what else he needs to do (lookin' at you, Budz).

He has shown glimpses of this is previous games.  And unlike Prince, he doesn't get lost on defense by ball watching, although he did struggle early on with fighting through picks.  The Hawks were down 20 with 8:28 to go, when Bembry made those 2 baskets.   And on the 3 pointer by Hardaway Jr that cut it to 2, it was Bembry who fought hard for a defensive rebound, pushed the ball up the court himself, and found THJ with a cross court 1-handed pass.

His best play of the night though, may have been the steal ( or forced bad pass ) after the Hardaway dunk.  Instead of getting back on defense, he immediately runs toward Harden.  Capela thought he could just casually toss the ball in to Harden after the dunk.  But Bembry's hustle and IQ forced that turnover which essentially sealed the game for the Hawks.  

The icing on the cake was the final basket, in which even the players were confused if Ariza had made that 3 to tie the game.  But not Bembry.  He goes down the court, and gets behind a clueless James Harden.  And once Baze figured things out, he passed to Bembry for an easy dunk to end the game.

Despite the fact that Bembry doesn't have a reliable 3 point shot, he has to play.  And if he can handle the ball and make good decisions with passes, I agree that Bud has to consider him to be the possible backup PG, especially when Delaney is playing like garbage ( like he was last night ).  His defense and basketball IQ is just too good to keep off the court.  Plus he can score the basketball, if allowed to look for his offense.

Maybe the situation for the Hawks rookies in the near future will see Bembry be the defensive / offensive slasher ( like Thabo does at times ), and Prince be the offensive first player, who may be a liability on defense.

Good job man.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

He played the smartest, most tenacious and mature defense I've seen from any of the guards not named DMike.  Got called for a few ticky-tack reach-ins but that's more on the ref than the afro.  He showed an understanding of where his teammates were and defended accordingly.  

He played defense with his feet, not his hands (lookin' at you, Skip!).

He didn't bite on every fake or go flying out of the screen when Har en's eyebrows raised (lookin' at you, Skip).

He didn't get lost on screens (lookin' at you, Skip).

On top of that, he played smart offense.  Did y'all see the excellent cuts to the cup he was making?  Solid.

If this performance, along with his other solid performances earlier in the year, doesn't earn him more minutes I don't know what else he needs to do (lookin' at you, Budz).

Image result for star trek yes gif

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Starting to have a log jam at SG of all things.   I think Tim should be starting and Baze off the bench.   But I'd like Bembry in there too and I don't really want any of them playing the 3.   

I think that signals a trade...;-)

Just now, Spud2Nique said:

I think that signals a trade...;-)

We can only hope (and hope it's the right guy gettin shippt out).

Lastly, wtf is up with your avatar or lack thereof.  You need me to send you an appropriate pic?

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We can only hope (and hope it's the right guy gettin shippt out).

Lastly, wtf is up with your avatar or lack thereof.  You need me to send you an appropriate pic?

No I lost a bet to jy23 and he/she wanted this as my avatar for a month...my sentence runs up on Feb. 14th I believe which is much earlier than @Dolfan23's...:-|

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

No I lost a bet to jy23 and he/she wanted this as my avatar for a month...my sentence runs up on Feb. 14th I believe which is much earlier than @Dolfan23's...:-|

Wait, he just wanted you to have a blank avatar?  That's weak @jy23, we need Spud2 to have something embarrassing.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

The image is no longer working.  We just see the blank person default for people with no avatar.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Wait, he just wanted you to have a blank avatar?  That's weak @jy23, we need Spud2 to have something embarrassing.

It was a pro Falcons avatar.  Not sure what happened.  Maybe the link is broken?

1 minute ago, AHF said:

The image is no longer working.  We just see the blank person default for people with no avatar.

Oh shoot ...so I donate to the site and y'all erase my avatar? Lol...what the...I'll put it back up!

1 minute ago, AHF said:

It was a pro Falcons avatar.  Not sure what happened.  Maybe the link is broken?

I call party foul.  @Spud2Nique clearly tampered with the pic.  I vote he should have to keep it up longer.  Mods?

• Moderators
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I call party foul.  @Spud2Nique clearly tampered with the pic.  I vote he should have to keep it up longer.  Mods?

Obviously it needs to be replaced at once.

@jy23 can make the call on extending it but I don't think Spud minds too much as we've converted him to a Falcons for at least for the rest of this season.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I think it prolly happened 2 days ago when I Beyoncé'd and upgraded...I'll add 2 days to my sentence...(closing the cell behind me)..

2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I think it prolly happened 2 days ago when I Beyoncé'd and upgraded...I'll add 2 days to my sentence...(closing the cell behind me)..

Nah bruh, it's up to jy how much longer your sentence is.

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Obviously it needs to be replaced at once.

@jy23 can make the call on extending it but I don't think Spud minds too much as we've converted him to a Falcons for at least for the rest of this season.

Ah man, that's why you gotta make it something embarrassing.  Swing-and-a-miss here.  I would've made him regret losing that bet.  Word to the wise, do not lose a bet to me.

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Nah bruh, it's up to jy how much longer your sentence is.

Ah man, that's why you gotta make it something embarrassing.  Swing-and-a-miss here.  I would've made him regret losing that bet.  Word to the wise, do not lose a bet to me.

Is my avatar back yet?