• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Any Interest in Wilson Chandler?

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

As the NBA’s Feb. 23 trade deadline approaches, the Denver Nuggets arre widely seen as a team that will likely be active. And if 29-year-old forward Wilson Chandler has his way, all that trade chatter will lead to him changing jerseys sometime soon.

According to two people with knowledge of Chandler’s situation, the player who came to Denver as part of the Carmelo Anthony deal six years ago wants to be traded. The people spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the situation.

Chandler’s frustration, according to the people, is born out of the inconsistency with his role. While he’s having a career year, averaging 15.4 points, 6.7 rebounds, two assists and 30.2 minutes per game for a 21-27 Nuggets team that is currently ninth in the Western Conference, he hasn’t started since Jan. 12 – a win over Indiana in which he had 22 points, eight rebounds, four assists, two steals and had a plus-22 rating.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/nuggets/2017/02/02/wilson-chandler-nuggets-traded-michael-malone-kenneth-faried/97403000/

I would LOVE to have Wilson Chandler at the 3 for us.  Scorer with a 3-pt shot and good defensively.  Been a fan of his since his time with the Knicks.  Bring him home Budcox! Time to unload Splitter!

• Like 3

First of all, are you still alive?  First colin shows up out of the blue, now you.  Weird.

Some discussed Chandler in the trade forum.  I think the consensus is we're probably not a good match with DEN.  They can't use Baze and we don't have better win-now pieces than what they can get elsewhere.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

First of all, are you still alive?  First colin shows up out of the blue, now you.  Weird.

Some discussed Chandler in the trade forum.  I think the consensus is we're probably not a good match with DEN.  They can't use Baze and we don't have better win-now pieces than what they can get elsewhere.

Yeah, I'm more of a lurker these days as my only access to the site is through Tapatalk now that my computer's wifi card burnt up and I don't have my laptop anymore. That laptop was what I used to watch the games and to access the chat during the games.  I'm looking into upgrading my desktop and getting a new laptop soon, so I should be more active come playoffs. Come on tax return!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Yeah, I'm more of a lurker these days as my only access to the site is through Tapatalk now that my computer's wifi card burnt up and I don't have my laptop anymore. That laptop was what I used to watch the games and to access the chat during the games.  I'm looking into upgrading my desktop and getting a new laptop soon, so I should be more active come playoffs. Come on tax return!

https://www.amazon.com/Linksys-AE1200-Wireless-N-USB-Adapter/dp/B0054YQOM0/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1486149737&sr=8-8&keywords=usb+wifi+card

You can get a USB wifi card for super cheap and alls you have to do is plug it in :)

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I have watched a lot of Nuggs games this year, they are fast becoming my second favorite WC team (behind the Wolves, natch). Chandler is a good player whose kinda stuck on a team with a ton of good young wings. Gallo can't really play PF and they have Faried who pairs up well with Jokic. Chandler would be a huge upgrade at SF for us. I just don't know what we would trade for him. We can't give them Dennis and they absolutely don't need Baze as they already have a wing surplus problem.

We'd have to do a three team trade. Unless Den wants Splitter's contract and a 2nd for Chandler and they should be able to get more for him. Chandler is a good player.

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Thanks!  I do appreciate the help, but I am trying to hold out for a fancy AC wireless card so I can get the most of the AT&T Fiber that I'm paying $$$ for. I built my rig a few years back and it's in need of an overhaul. Wanting to do a HTPC build too, so I'm gonna frankenstein one of those up with parts I take off my old one and put it all in one of those neato LED cube cases.

• Like 1

I think Denver is a PG away from being a pesky team out west.   Would a deal like...

Atlanta in: Wilson Chandler

Denver in: Deron Williams and Andrew Bogut

Dallas in: Tiago Splitter, Atlanta 1st, Jusuf Nurkic, Denver pick

...be enough to get everyone involved and happy?  Deron doesn't seem to want to leave Dallas, but they're going nowhere this year and he's a FA at the end of the season. 

Atlanta improves their perimeter defense, size and scoring without sacrificing any rotational or future pieces (except for the draft pick)

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

I think Denver is a PG away from being a pesky team out west.   Would a deal like...

...be enough to get everyone involved and happy?  Deron doesn't seem to want to leave Dallas, but they're going nowhere this year and he's a FA at the end of the season. 

Atlanta improves their perimeter defense, size and scoring without sacrificing any rotational or future pieces (except for the draft pick)

Like the idea but I'm not sure I see Denver dealing Chandler, Nurkic and a pick for Bogut and Deron.

• Premium Member

Count me out.

And not b/c I don't like Chandler, but b/c... if it's not already all-too-well understood by now...

I think we've got an equivalent kind-of player, if not better, that we dealt Jeff Teague to get... and why not see what he can give you?

Again, based on what we've seen Bud do with Dennis, I'm optimistic that after the ASG break, that's going to happen. And when it does, I've got some serious non-sexual fantasies dancing in my head about what this team will do.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

Denver wouldn't give up their pick.

I realize this is open to mockery but in NBA 2k in my Nuggs franchise I traded Will Barton for Deron straight up.

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Denver wouldn't give up their pick.

I realize this is open to mockery but in NBA 2k in my Nuggs franchise I traded Will Barton for Deron straight up.

Re-examining my proposal, I agree they shouldn't have to throw in their pick, but I think that's the kind of 3 way deal that makes the most sense for all 3 teams involved.  Builds around strength for Denver (wings) and improves their weakness (PG)

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Dragitoff said:

Re-examining my proposal, I agree they shouldn't have to throw in their pick, but I think that's the kind of 3 way deal that makes the most sense for all 3 teams involved.  Builds around strength for Denver (wings) and improves their weakness (PG)

Its good thinking to put teams with needs/wants together. Denver desperately wants to dump Nurkic on someone and needs to trade Chandler to open up minutes for their logjam of Barton/Murray/Harris. Dallas has nothing to play for with old vets like Deron and Bogut.

21 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/nuggets/2017/02/02/wilson-chandler-nuggets-traded-michael-malone-kenneth-faried/97403000/

I would LOVE to have Wilson Chandler at the 3 for us.  Scorer with a 3-pt shot and good defensively.  Been a fan of his since his time with the Knicks.  Bring him home Budcox! Time to unload Splitter!

I don't think they're gonna give us Wilson Chandler for Splitter.  Just sayin.

In reference to Dallas, as fragile as their roster is, they have won four straight with Dirk at C and Yogi at PG beating the Cavs as well as the Spurs and are two and a half games out of the eighth seed right now. If anybody was interested in anyone other than their current starting five of Yogi, Seth, Wes, Barnes and Dirk I do think Cuban would jump on a trade. He's wired like that to begin with. Just the same Denver doesn't ever give up Barton for that guy at thirty two. Barton is actually hitting over forty percent from three this year.

On 2/3/2017 at 3:54 PM, sturt said:

Count me out.

And not b/c I don't like Chandler, but b/c... if it's not already all-too-well understood by now...

I think we've got an equivalent kind-of player, if not better, that we dealt Jeff Teague to get... and why not see what he can give you?

Again, based on what we've seen Bud do with Dennis, I'm optimistic that after the ASG break, that's going to happen. And when it does, I've got some serious non-sexual fantasies dancing in my head about what this team will do.

I think Prince can give us a lot of what Chandler gives us, yeah. I've never been enamored with Chandler. He's not bad, he's just kinda there.

• Like 1

I can't claim to have seen a lot of the Nuggets over the years but I always liked his size.  Gets injured too much for my liking.  Always thought of him like a poor-man's Rudy Gay type but a much better defender.  There are times when you forget he's out there.    And you always have to question the brightness of people with neck-up tattoos.

Edited by benhillboy