• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

THE TRADE DEADLINE - February 23rd at 3:00PM

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This is more of a procedural question.  I wonder if we can send the Nets THJr or something for BlowPez then ship him to some other team for the wang help/assets we need.

Non-Hawk related thing: Seems CLE is meeting with Larry Sanders' agent.  No doubt they're meeting to discuss paying him double what any other team's willing to pay.  Matches their pattern of bidding against themselves in free agency.

Nets are having a difficult time getting what they want Lopez , started at 2 1sts, now one 1st and a young player. Won't be any easier for Hawks

Hawks would need to send out more than THJr (Splitter, Scott and Thabo).

Which team wants Lopez that has an excess of wings?

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The cost to me for two first is too high for Gallo unless Denver takes Bazemore, ATL 1st and CLE 1st for Gallo. That makes more sense for us. We would then be able to resign Gallo. 

That's too high for him considering he can't stay healthy.

Also on Lillard, if he's available, why would they take another point guard?  Trading Lillard means turning the team over to Chuk McCollum.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Nets are having a difficult time getting what they want Lopez , started at 2 1sts, now one 1st and a young player. Won't be any easier for Hawks

Hawks would need to send out more than THJr (Splitter, Scott and Thabo).

Which team wants Lopez that has an excess of wings?

I hear you.  In my scenario the 3rd team is already one that wants BlowPez.  Maybe the Bulls although their non-Jimi wangs aren't desireable.  CHA for Batum.  DET if they moov Druuuuumnd.  Just tossin' thangs out.

As a semi-related aside, Rudy Gay's injury is killer.  He would've certainly been dealt.

Just to throw crazy at you on the Lopez thing

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=goqlxyv 

You play Lopez at the 4 to start, Paul at the 3 to start, early sub out Dwight and bump them to natural positions while Dwight is out.

Dennis/Timmy/Paul/Lopez/Dwight is a very scary starting 5, very very big and very skilled offensively.

Bench goes Delaney/Bembrey/Thabo/Scola/ and whichever of Dwight/Lopez is in.

You would have to include Cleveland's first and maybe one of Atlanta's.  But its doable.

Still have Prince/Scott/Muscala/Hump on the bench.

8 minutes ago, thecampster said:

You play Lopez at the 4 to start, Paul at the 3 to start, early sub out Dwight and bump them to natural positions while Dwight is out.

Dennis/Timmy/Paul/Lopez/Dwight is a very scary starting 5, very very big and very skilled offensively.

You would have to include Cleveland's first and maybe one of Atlanta's.  But its doable.

And then we're back to the Sap/Alice/Howard argument from the summer.  Personally, I'm open to just about anything that brings a big time scorer to the court.  Even if that means trying out some unconventional lineups like this.  I don't know, but is he even capable of playing the 4 for short spurts? 

13 minutes ago, thecampster said:

You put Prince going to BKN, no?

Honestly man, it's crazy but I don't even care at this point.  Increase our overall talent, give up not much (I'm not as high on Printz as most anymore).

It's why I'm now ok with us obtaining JOkafor.  Nowhere near perfect as a player but overall talent increase/upgrade is my aim now.  Dangle CLE's 1st to ORL or PHI to get the pieces they're trying desperately to moov.

ETA: Adding bigs runs counter to the supposed movement in the league but I don't even care at this point.

• Premium Member

From hoops rumors:

• The Rockets, Thunder, and Hawks are among the teams on the lookout for help. Mannix says Houston remains in the market for a frontcourt piece, while Wojnarowski says the Thunder are still seeking a wing scorer. Woj also notes that Atlanta is focused on building around Paul Millsap, despite the fact that he can opt out this summer.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

For some of us the Sap/Alice/Howard situation wasn't an argument - it was something we were very excited about.

I was - and still am - intrigued by the idea.  But there were some that thought it was foolish.  More than anything I just want them to do something bold.  Show us that you're trying to make a run in the PO - or that you're ready to tank and rebuild.  Either way, I'm good.  Just don't give me this, "we're happy with our team so we made no moves" crap when you are a mediocre eastern PO team (as constituted).  Not sure I can stomach much more of the status quo (who am I kidding, I'm hooked on the Hawks). 

And that is the problem with this Hawks team, past and present.  They are too struck on the Status Quo that as long that this team gets to the playoffs, they are happy.

But that is crap because we as the fans want more than just a "We are happy to be here in the playoffs" moment, to be bounce out again by a superior team while all of the other NBA fans and pundits call us "The Perfect Treadmill Team".  Do you think the Falcons is going to sit on their hands and be happy they got to the show?  Heck No.  They know they were close and they will roll the dice again to make sure they will go back and this time, win it. 

That is the reason why I am so upset with this team, I am happy that they want to stay in the playoffs but losing in the 1st and 2nd round all of the time gets old.  I know that Hawks isn't going to make a trade or anything like that but I wish they put in a solid effort to get out of "treadmill heck" one way or another.

• Like 3

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

And that is the problem with this Hawks team, past and present.  They are too struck on the Status Quo that as long that this team gets to the playoffs, they are happy.

But that is crap because we as the fans want more than just a "We are happy to be here in the playoffs" moment, to be bounce out again by a superior team while all of the other NBA fans and pundits call us "The Perfect Treadmill Team".  Do you think the Falcons is going to sit on their hands and be happy they got to the show?  Heck No.  They know they were close and they will roll the dice again to make sure they will go back and this time, win it. 

That is the reason why I am so upset with this team, I am happy that they want to stay in the playoffs but losing in the 1st and 2nd round all of the time gets old.  I know that Hawks isn't going to make a trade or anything like that but I wish they put in a solid effort to get out of "treadmill heck" one way or another.

It's this season in particular though.   Watching the games you can tell what's going to happen in the playoffs.   You have to be able to protect the ball and score.   We had success in the past with exceptional shooting but no true scorer.  Now we have neither.   

• Like 4

Since we're playing the conjecture game, consider this: what if Sap and Budcox have a handshake agreement for Paul not to "opt out" of his final year? 2017-18 cap: $102 million, 2018-19 cap: $108 million. Hmmmmmmm...

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, hazer said:

Since we're playing the conjecture game, consider this: what if Sap and Budcox have a handshake agreement for Paul not to "opt out" of his final year? 2017-18 cap: $102 million, 2018-19 cap: $108 million. Hmmmmmmm...

I think they have some kind of verbal agreement.  It may be on a new contract too.

Here's the thing.   If the hawks don't make any significant move, the end of this season is going to be a snoozefest around here.   The only thing to save fan interest would be miraculous improvement from Baze, Tim or Prince.   

• Like 3