• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

THE TRADE DEADLINE - February 23rd at 3:00PM

Pacers want to trade their firstroundpick. Yes, I know...the hawks want to be buyers at the deadline but Pacers could be desperate enough for a Baze(+secondrounder)-Ellis+Firstrounder deal. Ellis contract is a bit "better" and Hardaway would have his starting spot at SG.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, sturt said:

Pragmatically, what I think is most likely in answer to this synopsis...

- Bryce Cotton will be picked up as a FA immediately after his Perth team's playoff run finishes in the next 2 weeks... ie, there's your scoring PG/SG.

- Spencer Hawes is excess baggage in MIL (hasn't played a game yet since the trade), but would be a durable (no games missed to injury this season) offensive piece in the tradition of Pero Antic, only younger (couldn't believe the guy isn't even 30 yet, seems like he's been in the league forever), and, imo, substantially better overall.

- Added to the mix... NOP has some excess baggage at PF with their pick-up of Motijunas earlier, and either Dante Cunningham or Terrance Jones (an apparent dark horse favorite of some 'round here) would seem to be somewhat movable. The question then becomes whether they're able to strike a deal with Philly for Okafor, as has been often rumored lately. If not--since it seems there's no reason for optimism at this point that Mike Scott's health is going to be much better than Tiago's--it would make a lot of sense to effort to replace him with one of these guys.

"But does that actually do anything tangible to raise our trajectory for 2017?"

I would say yes... though, yeah, you knew I would.

I would say yes mainly because if you can add two pieces to the roster who can give you a boost on offense, that's cranking the lever of the core issue for this year's roster. Start shooting well as a team enough to vault out of the poorest class quintile (#26 currently per RealGM) offensive rating to the even just the middle class quintile (ie, #13-#18), and yeah, I think it makes a difference. And of course, I've already spoken to how, just having an NBA caliber center of some kind standing ready to give Dwight more rest over these last 25-ish games portends good things for us in the playoffs.

Btw... to the assertion that NOP is necessarily a buyer, being arguably still in contention to get humiliated in the first round of the playoffs... there's this from a RealGM writer today regarding the buyers and sellers of the Westerners...

2017-02-19_1434.png

On 2/15/2017 at 4:21 PM, Sothron said:

We have several roster issues for a team that still has the longest playoff streak in the East. Zero back up PG and Center. A gaping chasm at SF. No real backup at PF since Bud won't play Hump.

Our team is literally Dennis, Paul, Dwight and THJR's good games. Toss in the odd Thabo scoring game and that's it. I mean...THAT IS IT. We can't win like this in the playoffs. We need a starting SF. We need a decent backup to PG, C and PF. That's too much for one trade deadline to fix.

You hit it right on an ant's nose. Dennis is the best three point shooter in the starting lineup at only 34.5 percent. Delaney has been bad overall, shooting Smoove like numbers. Way too many holes to fix in one draft and offseason much less a trade deadline...

I don't want to touch none of the draft picks this year. Players like Luke Kennard, John Collins, or Miles Bridges in the 1st round should be available. The 31st pick has prospects like Jawun Evans, Caleb Swanigan, or insert top Euro prospect. Even the Heat 2nd rounder could net a sleeper. 

• Premium Member

So, couple of things.

NOP obviously in buying mode, and yet, strong reason to suspect tonight's development just makes it more likely that Jones or Cunningham can be had.

And then there's this, courtesy of Woj... Langston Galloway likely to be waived...

There's your PG, Budcox... go get em!

39 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You saw what New Orleans just did right?

The Hawks need to swing for the fences.   Quit trying to draw a walk to get on base, and hit the damn HOME RUN!!

With all due respect..let's go for Paul George and Jimmy Butler before Melo...but let's just do it!!!

45 minutes ago, hazer said:

NOP land DMC, Melo staying put, Grant Hill seen shmoozing with PG-13, who was then sitting beside Sap on the bench. The same PG13 that D8 supposedly spoke to before signing here. Make this happen Budcox...

When did that happen?  1st I've seen.

Well I doubt Cousins would re-sign with the Lakers.  Makes sense to keep the second pick from the 16 draft instead of trading him for 2 months of Boogie.