• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

THE TRADE DEADLINE - February 23rd at 3:00PM

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

Well I doubt Cousins would re-sign with the Lakers.  Makes sense to keep the second pick from the 16 draft instead of trading him for 2 months of Boogie.

Cousins is signed trough the 2017-2018 season.

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Cousins is signed trough the 2017-2018 season.

Oh okay, but still that is only a season plus of him.  It's not like the Lakers are just a piece away from competing either.  Smart move on their part in my mind.

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Oh okay, but still that is only a season plus of him.  It's not like the Lakers are just a piece away from competing either.  Smart move on their part in my mind.

Agreed, I don't think Cousin's on that young team where he is the de-facto leader is a good thing.

At least in NOP, AD is THE man.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think LAL prefers  to move  Randal?

They'd probably prefer to move him for Lou Williams too but that's not the point.  If you have a chance to trade the most skilled big in the game there's no one on that LAL roster that should keep it from happening.

C'mon JBurd.  ThIngram?  Really?  Right now he's more Corey Brewer than Kevin Durant.

And why does Vlade still have a job.  And why is Demps not in handcuffs now for grand larceny.  OMFG this was one of the most lopsided deals I've ever seen.  For Buddy Hield?  Buddy Hield a near-25yo rookie?  If Hield were a white dude, his name would be Jimmer Fredette ... and he netted Demarcus f'n Cousins?

itrlf

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

They'd probably prefer to move him for Lou Williams too but that's not the point.  If you have a chance to trade the most skilled big in the game there's no one on that LAL roster that should keep it from happening.

C'mon JBurd.  ThIngram?  Really?  Right now he's more Corey Brewer than Kevin Durant.

And why does Vlade still have a job.  And why is Demps not in handcuffs now for grand larceny.  OMFG this was one of the most lopsided deals I've ever seen.  For Buddy Hield?  Buddy Hield a near-25yo rookie?  If Hield were a white dude, his name would be Jimmer Fredette ... and he netted Demarcus f'n Cousins?

itrlf

I can't agree with this enough....Hield has been a disaster as a rookie. That's playing with a legit superstar to take attention from him. What is he going to do on the Kings? Hield is a very old rookie which I hate, hate HATE with a passion. This dude is already in his prime years. How much growth can they expect?

This was a horrible trade for the Kings. I can't believe the Celtics couldn't have offered a Brooklyn pick plus some kind of parts to get him. Unreal.

I suppose the Lakers didn't want to clear their cupboard of all those young assets they sucked so hard to attain only to have Cousins come into a situation no better than Sac particularly with his agent having said that he wouldn't consider an extension if traded.  A situation like Dwightmare on steroids looming, the fact they are way out of playoff contention and the now most aggravating NBA fanbase in Philly salivating over the pick they're owed probably gave them enough pause.  Likely rightfully so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I can't agree with this enough....Hield has been a disaster as a rookie. That's playing with a legit superstar to take attention from him. What is he going to do on the Kings? Hield is a very old rookie which I hate, hate HATE with a passion. This dude is already in his prime years. How much growth can they expect?

This was a horrible trade for the Kings. I can't believe the Celtics couldn't have offered a Brooklyn pick plus some kind of parts to get him. Unreal.

It's why I hate the Hawks' strategy to draft old college guys assuming they're closer to contributing?  Well, in reality, all that means is the guy's closer to his ceiling as an old rookie.

To me, this smacks of a rogue move by SAC.  Who knows if BOS was even at the table to trade yet.  By all conventional wisdom(sic), SAC was supposed to wait until THU to allow the best offers to emerge.  They didn't do that and that's why they ended up with a dreg deal.

7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I can't believe the Celtics couldn't have offered a Brooklyn pick plus some kind of parts to get him. Unreal.

Ainge probable wasn't willing to part with the Brooklyn pick. If he wasnt willing to part with Rozier (rumor) as part of a package for Ibaka what does that tell you?

Ainge doesn't want to trade the BKN picks nor is he interested in taking on salary since he wants max capspace for next season. He wants to trade guys like Olynyk, Zeller and Amir plus the Memphis pick - that's it.

He wants Butler (which I think he'd be willing to trade BKN pick), CHI would prolly want Brown plus more. 

Trading for Butler allows them.to still have max cap to go after Hayward.

8 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

isn't DF in NO

Yep

1 minute ago, MaceCase said:

Word is that Ainge didn't even contact Sac instead "to focus on Butler".  Man, that fanbase will be salivating over all the trades Ainge could have done 10 years from now and praising his mastery.

Agreed, last draft with his 15 million picks, he had to use  all on a ton of draft and stashes because  he refused  to give fair trades - concerned with winning every  trade. I  would assume most GMs are getting tired of that.

2 minutes ago, DS5 said:

Boogie makes so much more sense for the Celtics than Butler...they need help on the glass and the post, which is exactly what Boogie would give them. I'm not sure how IT and Butler would work together. 

Ssssshhhhh.......and  he is also a willing passer, can handle the ball etc - all things Stephens like.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, DS5 said:

Boogie makes so much more sense for the Celtics than Butler...they need help on the glass and the post, which is exactly what Boogie would give them. I'm not sure how IT and Butler would work together. 

Cousins would def make more sense for them. He and Horford would work well together plus IT could still handle the ball and do his thing. Butler is great but he wants to handle the ball.

11 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Word is that Ainge didn't even contact Sac instead "to focus on Butler".  Man, that fanbase will be salivating over all the trades Ainge could have done 10 years from now and praising his mastery.

Indeed.  Surprised they didn't wait a while this time.

Usually it's just wait until an unknown guy pans out then they be all, "Uh, yeah Dan E. scouted that guy and totally thought he'd be an all-star.  He just decided to pass and take this bust sitting over in tha CroatianBA."

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ssssshhhhh.......and  he is also a willing passer, can handle the ball etc - all things Stephens like.

Yesh, yesh, and Butler is totally a team-player who plays well with others.  Oh and he's super humble.  And takes coaching super great.

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Cousins would def make more sense for them. He and Horford would work well together plus IT could still handle the ball and do his thing. Butler is great but he wants to handle the ball.

Soth isn't catching on.

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

When did that happen?  1st I've seen.

I think he said hi to him...that's all...lol..unless he said ..SUP DAWG U GONNA BE A HAWK BY THURSDAY PEACE! ....really quick..:-|