• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

THE TRADE DEADLINE - February 23rd at 3:00PM

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

LAL dumb.  Was that an f you moov by Buss, Jr. on his way out the door?

So ur saying LA should have traded Ingram for Boogie? Boy yo mama musta dropped you on yo head as an infant in the sac (not ramento but Cul de)

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Lurker said:

I suspect it wouldn't take much more to get Terrence Jones other than Mike Scott and a 2nd.

I'm a fan of the idea, but to my mind, that would be an overpay. One or the other, not both. Moreover, I'd want to protect the 2nd. Remember, he's only going to play 25 games for you, and at best 10-15 min in some subset of that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

So ur saying LA should have traded Ingram for Boogie? Boy yo mama musta dropped you on yo head as an infant in the sac (not ramento but Cul de)

Wait, are you saying you would not trade ThIngram for Cousins?

I guess LAL's awful management agrees with you.

The Los Angeles Lakers also pursued Cousins in recent days but felt Sacramento's asking price was too high, sources told Shelburne.

Talks quickly fizzled, according to Shelburne, once the Kings informed the Lakers that they weren't interested unless they would receive 2016 No. 2 overall pick Brandon Ingram as part of a Cousins deal

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18722737/sacramento-kings-agree-deal-demarcus-cousins-new-orleans-pelicans

4 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ingram is gonna be all NBA in a couple years for a while...Boogie is a 7 foot clown who plays 1 on 5!

Based on what?!

As I said, he's showing to be more Corey Brewer than Kevin Durant (who folks compared him to).  He's not even Andrew Wiggins who averaged almost 20 as a rookie.  The only thing ThIngram's done to distinguish himself is play semi-solid defense.  And you're scared to trade that for arguably the best big in the game?

Just now, kg01 said:

Based on what?!

As I said, he's showing to be more Corey Brewer than Kevin Durant (who folks compared him to).  He's not even Andrew Wiggins who averaged almost 20 as a rookie.  The only thing ThIngram's done to distinguish himself is play semi-solid defense.  And you're scared to trade that for arguably the best big in the game?

Based on the P word...wait, don't run away, I wasn't calling you a p*ssy THIS time. "P" for potential. If he doesn't get a significant injury, he's a perennial all star. Book it!

Also, Boogie is a head case. The talent has always been there but so has the childishness and ego. Sadly, that is who Boogie will always be and he's putting a ceiling on his own abilities. 

Just now, kg01 said:

Based on what?!

With control issues and one that hasn't taken his team to the playoffs.  That's like swapping the Kings and Lakers.  Like I said....keep Boogie away from that young LAL team-just not a good fit to me.

8 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Based on the P word...wait, don't run away, I wasn't calling you a p*ssy THIS time. "P" for potential. If he doesn't get a significant injury, he's a perennial all star. Book it!

Also, Boogie is a head case. The talent has always been there but so has the childishness and ego. Sadly, that is who Boogie will always be and he's putting a ceiling on his own abilities. 

I hear you.  I just don't see it in ThIngram.  That said, I guess LAL has to believe in someone on that roster.  Why not him?

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

With control issues and one that hasn't taken his team to the playoffs.  That's like swapping the Kings and Lakers.  Like I said....keep Boogie away from that young LAL team-just not a good fit to me.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm fully cognizant of Cousins' issues.  And I don't mean 'cousin issues' like when @Spud2Nique got caught in a compromising position with his cousin at their last family reunion.

Many of SAC's issues are directly linked to Cousins' lack of a buy-in.  I just feel like he should be an extremely valuable asset for the team acquiring him assuming they handle the situation properly.  SAC decidedly did not handle him (as an asset) properly.

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I hear you.  I just don't see it in ThIngram.  That said, I guess LAL has to believe in someone on that roster.  Why not him?

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm fully cognizant of Cousins' issues.  And I don't mean 'cousin issues' like when @Spud2Nique got caught in a compromising position with his cousin at their last family reunion.

Many of SAC's issues are directly linked to Cousins' lack of a buy-in.  I just feel like he should be an extremely valuable asset for the team acquiring him assuming they handle the situation properly.  SAC decidedly did not handle him (as an asset) properly.

That's a separate issue...well both my cousin at the reunion and the way Sac handled it. I'm just saying if I were the Lakers I'd laugh at Boogie for Ingram.

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Based on what?!

I agree with this. Ingram has been a gigantic bust this season. He still has plenty of time to turn it around but he has looked awful this season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

I realized I was mixing up Cunningham and Babbit.

Happens to best of us.  Totally understandable too.  The resemblances are uncanny. 

download.jpg

20140408__140408_timberwolves_DanteCunningham.jpg

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I agree with this. Ingram has been a gigantic bust this season. He still has plenty of time to turn it around but he has looked awful this season.

Anyone who says he has shown anything this season is just biased or an idiot.  Not sure which category @Spud2Nique falls into.

It's remarkable LAL beat us twice this season considering they have like 12 wins all year.  That's the Hawks though.  Beat a contender on the road .. back that up with a loss to a lotto team ... by 30!

The Lakers this season are kind of a worse version of what the Raptors were in 14-16 so it isn't surprising. Lots of guards that can put the ball down and dribble drive effectively, athletic bigs that can simply out athletic you, and a younger team with younger legs. The Hawks simply can not guard teams that have a lot of guards that are excellent dribble drivers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Anyone who says he has shown anything this season is just biased or an idiot.  Not sure which category @Spud2Nique falls into.

It's remarkable LAL beat us twice this season considering they have like 12 wins all year.  That's the Hawks though.  Beat a contender on the road .. back that up with a loss to a lotto team ... by 30!

Ingram is a ROOKIE...and he's just 19.... God I wish I knew what you looked like just to say...ur actually dummer than u look brah! What were you doing at 19? Second thought I'm sure you used a lot of tissues...nevermind

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ingram is a ROOKIE...and he's just 19.... God I wish I knew what you looked like just to say...ur actually dummer than u look brah! What were you doing at 19? Second thought I'm sure you used a lot of tissues...nevermind

Yeah he's got room to grow...but he's been hot garbage this year. No other way to say it.

• Like 1

Just now, Sothron said:

Yeah he's got room to grow...but he's been hot garbage this year. No other way to say it.

No doubt but like I said he's only 19 and a rookie...he's gonna be dominating at age 24.

Grant Napear and Andy Furillo after the Cousins trade...

IMG_8926.GIF

6 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

No doubt but like I said he's only 19 and a rookie...he's gonna be dominating at age 24.

Grant Napear and Andy Furillo after the Cousins trade...

IMG_8926.GIF

I think you agree that, this year, he's been bad and a trade of him for a 1st-team all NBAer is lopsided at best.

Where we disagree is all this potential.  "Dominant" at 24?  What has he done the last 2 years to justify that opinion?  Durant was dropping 30+ in college.  DRose was dominant in college.  To hypothesize that either of them could be dominant after seeing half their rookie seasons could be considered reasonable.

To say the same about ThIngram at this point is plain unreasonable.  In order to be dominant at any point in his career, he'd have to start doing things at the NBA level that we've never seen him do.  That's unreasonable to say .. right now.

ETA: Napier and Furillo were definitely huggin' it out after this trade.