• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

THE TRADE DEADLINE - February 23rd at 3:00PM

17 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

So is PJ Tucker an upgrade to Thabo?  Seems like a lateral move.  

He's an upgrade in that he's basically always healthy.  Plus he's bigger than Thabo.  Agree, if that's all we do, it's a lateral moov.

2 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Tucker is a scrub just like Thabo, Baze and Bud's first round picks. Basically no improvement.

Oh Hots, I sometimes miss your negative venom.  You have a place here, sir.  Don't believe those obscene things I write about you on the HawkSquawk bathroom walls.

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Seems like Wilson Chandler would be a much more beneficial move.   

I think Chandler is more talented overall for sure but would cost more as well. If Chandler would cost a first round pick in this year's draft then I don't want him. If Tucker costs Splitter and a 2nd round pick in 2019 then I'm in.

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Seems like Wilson Chandler would be a much more beneficial move.   

Last I saw they were asking for 2 1sts for him.  That was pre-Cousins deal so I imagine that price drops.  Still,, that was the asking at least.

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He's an upgrade in that he's basically always healthy.  Plus he's bigger than Thabo.  Agree, if that's all we do, it's a lateral moov.

Oh Hots, I sometimes miss your negative venom.  You have a place here, sir.  Don't believe those obscene things I write about you on the HawkSquawk bathroom walls.

Well,

-He is old

-Can't shoot

-Can't score

-No playoff experience

What he is he good at? 

I mean, I know a major move isn't likely, but what is the point in getting more of the same? Is Bud really this dumb? Thabo is trash even when healthy. A starting swingman and a backup PG is needed. Not more trash.

This team needs a talent upgrade and Tucker doesn't provide that because he doesn't have any talent.

If these are the moves that are going to be made I think Sap would be smart to leave. Get his money elsewhere and actually find a talented team to play on instead of having to carry this scrap heap.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

1 minute ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Well,

-He is old

-Can't shoot

-Can't score

-No playoff experience

What he is he good at? 

I mean, I know a major move isn't likely, but what is the point in getting more of the same? Is Bud really this dumb? Thabo is trash even when healthy. A starting swingman and a backup PG is needed. Not more trash.

Slow down, Gigantor.  No one would trade for Tucker if that's the only move you make.  It'd be a follow-up to an actual major move.

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Slow down, Gigantor.  No one would trade for Tucker if that's the only move you make.  It'd be a follow-up to an actual major move.

But the guy doesn't shoot. We already have guys like him with Thabo and Prince. I mean, we traded Teague and drafted Prince and now we have to trade for Tucker because Prince can't even fill a backup SF role? Yikes.

I think back up centers and PG's should be more important than adding another wing that can't shoot or score. Those are easy to come by. Something has to be done about the PG spot.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

But the guy doesn't shoot. We already have guys like him with Thabo and Prince. I mean, we traded Teague and drafted Prince and now we have to trade for Tucker because Prince can't even fill a backup SF role? Yikes.

What does this have to do with Teague?  You're mixing too many topics.

Teague's time was done here.  That's a non-Hawks related topic at this point.  What?  You wanted to keep/max him?

I don't like the fact that Prince isn't starting/can't start right now but it is what it is.  I want us to add and upgrade talent.  A Tucker trade does that.

• Moderators

Tucker's impact would be something on the order of Thabo.  Combined with Thabo and THJr, I think that is an upgrade to our current collection of wings but not anything that will affect a playoff series other than perhaps a first round one.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

What does this have to do with Teague?  You're mixing too many topics.

Teague's time was done here.  That's a non-Hawks related topic at this point.  What?  You wanted to keep/max him?

I don't like the fact that Prince isn't starting/can't start right now but it is what it is.  I want us to add and upgrade talent.  A Tucker trade does that.

When you trade your 2nd leading scorer and leading assist man (Who is still better than Dennis) and get a pick and draft a guy that can't handle even back up, it is a failure. So far, the Hawks lost 2 of their 3 best players in the off season and get nothing for them because Prince looks like a nothing. Now, you need a talent upgrade and you bring in more scrap heap that doesn't even fit the team? This offense is designed to move the ball and shoot, but you're adding yet another wing that can't shoot. Another wing that contradicts the offensive system you have in place. if this is what goes down, it is just another sign of how terrible Bud is of managing the team. Pete Babcock is starting to look better than him at this point.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Tucker's impact would be something on the order of Thabo.  Combined with Thabo and THJr, I think that is an upgrade to our current collection of wings but not anything that will affect a playoff series other than perhaps a first round one.

See the problem is, absent any moovs, we're quite likely a 1st rnd exit.

Just now, Hotlanta1981 said:

When you trade your 2nd leading scorer and leading assist man (Who is still better than Dennis) and get a pick and draft a guy that can't handle even back up it is a failure. So far, the Hawks lost 2 of their 3 best players in the off season and get nothing for them because Prince looks like a nothing. Now, you need a talent upgrade and you bring in more scrap heap that doesn't even fit the team? This offense is designed to move the ball and shoot, but you're adding yet another wing that can't shoot. Another wing that contradicts the offensive system you have in place. Tucker is a scrub.

You can't view things like that.  Just deal with where we are today.

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'd love to believe this but i'm thinking this will be our actual only move and Bud and co. will say 'see we did something'.