• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

THE TRADE DEADLINE - February 23rd at 3:00PM

13 hours ago, Sothron said:

40 points and 9 rebounds and 5 assists for Jokic tonight. 40 points on only 23 shots I might add.

It was a bad time for someone to question yoke...lol.

That's silly. His offense wasn't the topic and I said that it will work very well in the regular season.

Field Goals Defended at Rim Percent: 59%

Opp Pts in the paint per game: 26 in 26min. 

Well..... that's really, really bad (Nurkics defensive stats are significantly better, so there is no excuse for that). I think Noel could be one of those really rare players I mentioned in my previous post.

Edit: 1,28 PPP as defender of the roll man in the picknroll. 

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, ISOJOE said:

That's silly. His offense wasn't the topic and I said that it will work very well in the regular season.

Field Goals Defended at Rim Percent: 59%

Opp Pts in the paint per game: 26 in 26min. 

Well..... that's really, really bad (Nurkics defensive stats are significantly better, so there is no excuse for that). I think Noel could be one of those really rare players I mentioned in my previous post.

Edit: 1,28 PPP as defender of the roll man in the picknroll. 

There's other advanced stats that show Jokic is either the best or second best defender the Nuggets have. If you watch Denver play they have a high pace and their wings are terribad at preventing lane penetration. As I said before Jokic doesn't have the quickness to block shots or be some great weak side help defender. That's literally the only negative to the guy's game. I can live with that when everything else he does is insanely highly efficient and on a skill level (passing) that is ground breaking for a center.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rd79 said:

and was picked 41th... GMs don't need the top picks, they need the ability to recognize talent...

He kinda bloomed after the year he was drafted. Denver did a Giannis on him like Atlanta did but it worked for them and not for Atlanta.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He kinda bloomed after the year he was drafted. Denver did a Giannis on him like Atlanta did but it worked for them and not for Atlanta.

Yup...I think we had scouted Portzingis as well...one of the few teams along with San Antonio and one other squad I can't remember. I saw a few drafts early on and had us taking him at #15 overall. I remember it cuz I thought to myself that this Latvian dude is too skinny and might be a project for years to come. Made me initially think of Andris Biedrins due to the same country but they also had similar physiques but totally different games as Biedrins couldn't shoot a lick from outside or the line. In any event I was actually upset that the mock had us taking him. Lol. Little did I know...

5 hours ago, rd79 said:

and was picked 41th... GMs don't need the top picks, they need the ability to recognize talent...

Boom.

Totally agree, but top picks + ability to recognize talent + perfect storm.

Man, you Euros stepped up your posting game after I called y'all out.

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Boom.

Totally agree, but top picks + ability to recognize talent + perfect storm.

Man, you Euros stepped up your posting game after I called y'all out.

The lack of one particular German poster seems to have raised the bar for the rest.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I hope @ISOJOE comes back...

Hahahaha, you guys are a bunch of RUFF RYDERS, simply ridiculous. So, where are your encouraging defensive stats?:huh: 

Ok I get it. Don't criticize the Serbian GOAT. Defense isn't important in the POs cause offense wins championships...oh wait.

He will need a Noel-type (defensively) front court partner to be the FP of a real contender, just accept it. 

(Mod Note: I changed the phraseology for a reason. ~lw3)

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, ISOJOE said:

Hahahaha, you guys are a bunch of RUFF RYDERS, simply ridiculous. So, where are your encouraging defensive stats?:huh: 

Ok I get it. Don't criticize the Serbian GOAT. Defense isn't important in the POs cause offense wins championships...oh wait.

He will need a Noel-type (defensively) front court partner to be the FP of a real contender, just accept it. 

His defensive plus minus was I believe second on the team. I haven't checked it over the last few days.

I don't know how you can ignore what Jokic is doing. His numbers are bonkers. He is a decent positional defender for his position. He needs a weak side shot blocker next to him at PF, I agree there.

But if that's the only thing you got to criticize a guy then I'm just going to have to put you in the needless hater box.

Def plus minus? No offense, but this is a trash stat.

"I don't know how you can ignore what Jokic is doing. "

Wait, what? I said that it will work very well in the RS. Very well means HCA in his extended prime and this is really good in the western conference.

I don't ignore his achievements, I just don't ignore the defensive part. His defensive picknroll/rimprotection stats indicate bad defense and its undeniable. He will improve but it won't (likely) be enough.

"But if that's the only thing you got to criticize a guy then I'm just going to have to put you in the needless hater box." 

Put me in that box if you think that a team without any good rimprotector/picknroll defender can win a championship.

Edited by ISOJOE

46 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

So, is anybody that a team is actually considering trading going to be mentioned around these parts, or nah?

~lw3

I'll try to get this topic back on track

Now that Toronto has traded Ross, they only have Bruno (who is 2 years away from being 2 years away) backing up DMC.

Bazemore to Toronto for Joseph and Fatty Sullinger.

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'll try to get this topic back on track

Now that Toronto has traded Ross, they only have Bruno (who is 2 years away from being 2 years away) backing up DMC.

Bazemore to Toronto for Joseph and Fatty Sullinger.

IIUC Joseph has struggled mightily for them.

I'm going to hate myself for suggesting this but .. here goes .... should we look at trying to get Monroe to replace Muscala?  Or look to get into the Noel, JOkafor bidness?

There, I got it out and it hurts just as much as I thought it would.

#SelfBannt