• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

THE TRADE DEADLINE - February 23rd at 3:00PM

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, ISOJOE said:

Def plus minus? No offense, but this is a trash stat.

"I don't know how you can ignore what Jokic is doing. "

Wait, what? I said that it will work very well in the RS. Very well means HCA in his extended prime and this is really good in the western conference.

I don't ignore his achievements, I just don't ignore the defensive part. His defensive picknroll/rimprotection stats indicate bad defense and its undeniable. He will improve but it won't (likely) be enough.

"But if that's the only thing you got to criticize a guy then I'm just going to have to put you in the needless hater box." 

Put me in that box if you think that a team without any good rimprotector/picknroll defender can win a championship.

I have to admit it is a little hard to read when you make the quoted parts such a light grey that it easily blends into the background.

I don't want to derail this further so please feel free to take up Jokic discussion in my thread about him on the other board.

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

IIUC Joseph has struggled mightily for them.

I'm going to hate myself for suggesting this but .. here goes .... should we look at trying to get Monroe to replace Muscala?  Or look to get into the Noel, JOkafor bidness?

There, I got it out and it hurts just as much as I thought it would.

#SelfBannt

He has, but sometimes a change of scenery might help.  He is familiar with this system and Bud. I'd rather have him than your boy #DelaneySucks.

We'd have to send out Splitter, Scott and Moose for Monroe.  Let's expand it to Splitter, Baze, Moose for Monroe and Henson.

I'd take at look at the Philly boys.

We need a dysfunctional franchise that Bud can fleece.  What's Brooklyn up to nowadays?  Philly?  I'd take a look anyway. 

Speaking of looking, I was looking over the box from last night and the thing that jumped out to me was:

Moose

Bembry

Prince

Delaney

Dunleavy

Humphries

Scott

Patterson

That's the bench.  I mean, good grief.  14pts in 63 min on 4-16 shooting with 0 Ast, 0 TOs, and 9 PFs.  They were a combined -34 for the game.  I know it's just one game but still....roster needs an upgrade like whoa.   

• Like 4

Trade with Detroit to help them cut salary for next season.  They have to pay KCP and more than likely he will be getting a max deal.

Aron Baynes (FA) and Marcus Morris (signed for 2 more years at $5 mil per)  for Splitter, Scott and the Cavs 2019 1st.

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trade with Detroit to help them cut salary for next season.  They have to pay KCP and more than likely he will be getting a max deal.

Aron Baynes (FA) and Marcus Morris (signed for 2 more years at $5 mil per)  for Splitter, Scott and the Cavs 2019 1st.

Only thing with DET is they're probably looking to trade Reggie who I don't want.

ETA: I imagine Gallinari/Chandler are still available too as are Tucker/Knight.  We gotta make a moov if for no other reason than to keep our foes from getting better/passing us.  BOS,WAS and TOR are surely going to be active.

44 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'll try to get this topic back on track

Now that Toronto has traded Ross, they only have Bruno (who is 2 years away from being 2 years away) backing up DMC.

Bazemore to Toronto for Joseph and Fatty Sullinger.

Why do people keep mentioning Bruno instead of, you know, the guy that actually plays and their entire fanbase has been clamoring to play more in Norman Powell?

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Why do people keep mentioning Bruno instead of, you know, the guy that actually plays and their entire fanbase has been clamoring to play more in Norman Powell?

He'll be a fine backup-3, and while they don't need a heavy-minute backup-2, he can't do both roles at once. So it's small-ball (CoJo at the 2), hope for Delon Wright to turn into something by playoff time, or look to make another move.

Masai's goal is to make sure no one has to mention Bruno once April gets here... unless they're bringing up lousy movies.

~lw3

3 hours ago, ISOJOE said:

Hahahaha, you guys are a bunch of RUFF RYDERS, simply ridiculous. So, where are your encouraging defensive stats?:huh: 

Ok I get it. Don't criticize the Serbian GOAT. Defense isn't important in the POs cause offense wins championships...oh wait.

He will need a Noel-type (defensively) front court partner to be the FP of a real contender, just accept it. 

(Mod Note: I changed the phraseology for a reason. ~lw3)

Lol...lw3 always diffuses the situation...gotta love it. Rough rider out! Lol.

29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Thabo and Scott for Cory Joseph and one of their bigs or 1st.

We just give Prince the playing time.

I'd like to keep Thabo with Prince for the playoff run. I do love another first round pick this summer though...

Looking for your input:  Do you see Tobias Harris as a 3 or a 4?  He seems to have fallen into some disfavor, as he has been benched in favor of **gulp** Jon Leuer.  If he's capable of playing the 3, he might be someone to consider.  Baze and his salaries are pretty close. 

11 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Looking for your input:  Do you see Tobias Harris as a 3 or a 4?  He seems to have fallen into some disfavor, as he has been benched in favor of **gulp** Jon Leuer.  If he's capable of playing the 3, he might be someone to consider.  Baze and his salaries are pretty close. 

I don't think Detroit would do a straight up swap, they will be looking for salary relief to pay KCP.

Something like Tobias and Boban for Kent and Splitter.

The Chicago Bulls are exploring the trade market in search of a first-round draft pick in exchange for either center Robin Lopez or forward Doug McDermott, league sources told Basketball Insiders.

Spillter, Scott and Cavs 2019 Future 1st for Lopez.

39 minutes ago, Watchman said:

He wasn't benched he was benched in order to balance their lineup.  With Reggie Jackson coming back they simply had one too many chuckers in their starting lineup between Reggie, KCP, Mook, Harris and someone has to give Drummond the ball eventually.  So Stan moved Harris to the bench to get better scoring there and more balance amongst the starters.

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

He hasn't looked like the same Lopez we saw in Portland where he was an underrated effective defender around the basket.

The Bulls can do that to a player lol

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

He hasn't looked like the same Lopez we saw in Portland where he was an underrated effective defender around the basket.

He'll still be better than Moose backing up Dwight.

Portland Wants to Accumulate Picks, Save Money

Portland would listen to offers for Allen Crabbe, Evan Turner, Al-Farouq Aminu and Ed Davis among others if the potential trades allowed them to stockpile draft picks and save some money.

Splitter, Scott, and Miami 2017 2nd, Cavs 2019 1st for Aminu (2 yrs/$7mil per -26yrs) and Davis (1 yr/$6mil-27 yrs).