• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

THE TRADE DEADLINE - February 23rd at 3:00PM

Phoenix Wants a Star or More Assets

They have veterans such as Eric Bledsoe (27), Jared Dudley (31), PJ Tucker (31), Tyson Chandler (34), Leandro Barbosa (34) and Ronnie Price (33). If Phoenix can net a young player or pick for some of those players, rival executives believe they will likely do so.

Splitter, Scott, Brooklyn 2017 2nd, Cavs 2019 1st - Who do we want from the above.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Splitter, Scott, Brooklyn 2017 2nd, Cavs 2019 1st - Who do we want from the above.

Only guy on Phoenix who has more than a short-term time horizon is Bledsoe.  If the price is right, several of those guys can be a big boost in the short-term.  I've always particularly liked Tucker and both Chandler and Barbosa could step into important bench roles on this team.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Dudley would thrive in our system. At first I hated him in college due to well thought he was a lazy fatty. Now, he's prolly one of my fav journeymen...plays smart and shoots well from 3 and free. 

Tucker would be awesome as he's another lunch pail guy like Sap. He will get floor burns and we will all cheer.

Chandler might rebound the ball till he's 57 years old. Every year I think he's done, he comes back with games of 18 and 20 boards. 

Barbosa...loved him early in his career but really got to watch him when he was a Warrior. Again, like Chandler I keep thinking he's done but he still balls out. Possibly lost a step in the last few years but it's hard to tell. He also learned how to shoot it better when he was on the Warriors.

which kinda makes me wonder...first it was McGwire, Bonds, the Bay Area and Balco...do the Suns have a similar new age steroid minus puffiness? HGH? I dunno but these old guys are youthful as so was Grant Hill and Steve Nash in Phoenix. 

Hell yes to all and yes to Bledsoe as well but I'm guessing he's gonna cost more than we can or be willing to afford but obviously the best Sun among those you mentioned. He's in his prime too but he's got that speed and power in a point guard like a mini Lebron. I usually don't love PG's that can rely on their jumpshot or 3 as much but he's so special I'd be pretty giddy.

I'd love to deal with the Suns, Nuggs and Minny. Just please don't deal with the Celts and Danny Ainge. That guy is just the definition of arrogant and annoying. Honestly, I wouldn't really want to deal with the east at all as a general rule.

Trade with Charlotte, they are right at the cap for next season and hoing nowhere this season.

Splitter and Cleveland 2019 1st for Marco Belinelli and Frank Kaminsky.

Reliable wing shooter and Moose stays on the bench.

Mmmmmm....I wonder if Marvin is available. 

Marvin and Frank for Splits and Molly.

19 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We can make that offer.   

No we can't.  A 'godfather' offer would include a lotto pick.  They're not dumb enough to accept, say, 2 1st rounders and Skip or w/e ... or are they dumb enough?  Hmmmm

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trade with Charlotte, they are right at the cap for next season and hoing nowhere this season.

Splitter and Cleveland 2019 1st for Marco Belinelli and Frank Kaminsky.

Reliable wing shooter and Moose stays on the bench.

Mmmmmm....I wonder if Marvin is available. 

Marvin and Frank for Splits and Molly.

I actually like that deal.  MarcoPolo is cheap, solid depth and Kabustsky could still be salvaged.  He's certainly a Musc-upgrade (not that that's really saying something).  Funny, just like JoeJohn, Marvo would fit well in our current system.

12 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

I wouldn't mind Lopez as a BU to Dwight

If teams would have realized that Robin Lopez is a really good hustle backup that can play extended minutes and not a top ten starter center possibility in the league they would have been happy with him everywhere he has played. He is what he is and he would be great behind Dwight. As said though, a first rounder, really? Possibly the Minny pick I guess plus whatever else makes the money match up such as Splitter. Lopez is making thirteen million this season.

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Anybody think Vujacic can help us in Muscala's spot?  ORL has a lameduck GM, they're ripe for the pickin'.  We gotta fleece them dudes.

Yes, it's not hard to get a Musky upgrade.

What are we trading? 

55 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We can make that offer.   

We don't have a lottery pick, so no we can't.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We have a several lottery pick talents that are still young and  improving.   

We have exactly one lottery pick on our roster and he is averaging 3.4 ppg on sub-37% shooting to go with his 9.2 PER.  And general consensus on him coming into the draft was that he was not a lottery pick.

(Perhaps you are counting Dwight and Mike Dunleavy in that crew.  Maybe we could pitch Mike as a former #3 overall pick whose season has been on the upswing ever since we acquired him?)

Trade #1: Baze, THJ and 3 first round picks (Hawks '17 pick, Cleveland '19 pick, Minnesota '18 pick) for Jimmy Butler. Throw in Bembry if need be.

Trade #2: Splitter, Scott and Brooklyn's 2nd for Tyson Chandler. 

Trade #3: Heavily protected 2nd round for Shelvin Mack.

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, DS5 said:

Trade #1: Baze, THJ and 3 first round picks (Hawks '17 pick, Cleveland '19 pick, Minnesota '18 pick) for Jimmy Butler. Throw in Bembry if need be.

A packet of guaranteed to be non-lottery picks isn't going to cut it.  Would be nice but they will want a couple of actual lottery tickets.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

A packet of guaranteed to be non-lottery picks isn't going to cut it.  Would be nice but they will want a couple of actual lottery tickets.

I can see Minnesota and Celtics offering anything better than that, between lotto picks and young talent. But I don't think Minnesota would trade Wiggins, and Lavine is out for the season. Celtics on the other hand...they could package something like Smart, Crowder, Bradley along the Nets' 1st... 

Point being, other than those 2 teams, I don't see where else they'd get talent plus picks.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, DS5 said:

I can see Minnesota and Celtics offering anything better than that, between lotto picks and young talent. But I don't think Minnesota would trade Wiggins, and Lavine is out for the season. Celtics on the other hand...they could package something like Smart, Crowder, Bradley along the Nets' 1st... 

Point being, other than those 2 teams, I don't see where else they'd get talent plus picks.

I think they might settle for potential star talent or lottery picks and don't necessarily need both but we offer neither.  Baze is clearly not star talent.  THJr is a FA this offseason and looks like he has improved to a so-so starter, plus reserve type member of the rotation.  And all our picks are guaranteed non-lottery (protected or our pick this season).

I see lots of teams being able to trump:  Baze (negative asset), THJr (nice young rotation player and RFA), and some mediocre first round picks.

53 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes, it's not hard to get a Musky upgrade.

What are we trading? 

Don't know, don't care, just do it.

50 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We have a several lottery pick talents that are still young and  improving.   

Lol, whut?

Ok, that's it.  Macd's account has been hacked.  Ever since the start of 2017 his posts have been off.

#BrangBakMacD

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think they might settle for potential star talent or lottery picks.  Baze is clearly not star talent.  THJr is a FA this offseason and looks like he has improved to a so-so starter, plus reserve type member of the rotation.  And all our picks are guaranteed non-lottery (protected or our pick this season).

I see lots of teams being able to trump:  Baze (negative asset), THJr (nice young rotation player and RFA), and some mediocre first round picks.

You're overlooking Dennis.  Not that I want to trade him but are they going to find a better PG in the draft?   doubtful.  I'd start with Dennis/Baze/Prince and a 1st but up the offer to Dennis/Tim/Prince and a 1st.   

Like i said, i think Dennis is great and only going to get better, but a butler/sap/howard is really solid for the next 3 years.   We can find a PG to go with that.