• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Kings

lethalweapon3

Bud did a pretty bad job of managing this game.

Once Cousins went out with foul #5 and they really started to play a floor spacing game, the defense went into the trash can.

I know that Paul/Tim/Dennis were working together well, but it doesn't mean put your emotion into it and leave them together for a lot of the quarter, then take them out not far away from each other for their rest. With Scott dead and Delaney disappointing with his scoring, the bench unit doesn't have enough scoring with Tim not on it (and despite this, he should continue starting).

Refs refused to call the sixth foul on Cousins.

Both Humphries and Muscala were absolutely awful.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I hate to say it . . . but you know who they're expecting to help them out?

Image result for al horford atlanta defense

That is a great shot of how quickly Al recognizes help situations.  Dwight would react 2 seconds later and likely have to foul on a shot attempt.

That looks like the play in the playoffs where Turner scored on Baze, Al, Thabo, and Sap.  The sh$t was amazing.

Anyway, glad I fell asleep on this one (like dozens of other Kings games in the past).  I can kinda see why they didn't call the foul on THJr but godd@mn I'm sure there were 50+ calls for less contact around the league last night.  Thats what I get for thinking this 10 game stretch was gonna be good for us.  If we lose to the lowly and dysfunctional Kings there isn't much hope to defeat the Paul-less Clippers, Tank-Untank Heat, or Isaiah and the Isaiahettes.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

• Admin
10 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The Thabo Effect.

Once he comes back, it will be interesting to see if Bud continues to start Hardaway Jr.  He should, along with Thabo.

Once Thabo is healthy, the perimeter defense will start to become better.  Until then . . . . ugh.

I think we are def missing Thabo ... I actually think THJ should go back to the bench ... not because he hasn't earned a starting spot but because our bench can't score anymore.  He would help that out tremendously... he can still finish the game but it would be nice to have him as a sixth man coming in and wrecking havoc

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

They went on an 8 - 0 run as soon as Dwight fouled out.

Actually, he only went out of the game at that point with his 5th foul.  But as soon as he went out, that's when they went on the run.  Then he comes back in and fouls out on a ticky tack call while defending Cousins.

Question:  When is a foul not a foul?

Answer:  When Junior gets clobbered in the final 3 seconds when he is driving to

the basket for the winning points and the refs don't want to work overtime game.

Sadly, Hawks went into full sleepwalk mode after their big lead.

This team is a tweener.  Too good to be bad and too bad to be good.

In the bible, we read:

"So, because you are lukewarm - neither hot nor cold - I am about to spit you

out of my mouth."  Revelations 3:16   NIV

Lukewarm..  Yep, that's us.  Neither hot or cold.  Middle of the road.  Stand there

and be hit by cars coming from either direction.  Ye gads !!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, rd79 said:

That's a problem all season. But why is it? Is it because there is less help defense from Dwight than from Al and players don't close out on the perimeter because of that?

They clearly expect some kind of big man on weak side help but that's not what Dwight does any more. He stays around the glass and cleans it. Our wings should be smart enough to try and force guys to Dwight in order for him to block or affect shots. Instead the other teams can simply penetrate on the side Dwight isn't on and just kills us from 3's because our wings won't go through screens to contest shots. Frankly Millsap has been bad about doing that too when he's caught on a switch.

• Moderators

You know what you call players who depend on someone else to cover for their mistakes on D?  Bad defenders.

Thabo should not be the exception on the team that he can hold his own on D on the wing. 

We should start Thabo and THJr.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

You know what you call players who depend on someone else to cover for their mistakes on D?  Bad defenders.

Thabo should not be the exception on the team that he can hold his own on D on the wing. 

We should start Thabo and THJr.

I can't like that enough. It bothers me profoundly that people are now expecting HELP defense to mean PRIMARY ON BALL defense. That is NOT how that works. If you can't contain your man and are not willing to fight through screens to get a hand up on attempted threes then you have no business on a NBA court.

People blame Dwight and our bigs for not helping enough on weak side. You can't expect the bigs to save your ass on defense every trip down the court. That is grossly unfair to them. We need our perimeter players to man the **** up.

• Like 2

Ladyfingers Harlen likes to read from a script...then she got totally checked out by a Sacramento dairy farmer...good times!!!

ps I call Olivia ladyfingers cuz I'm attracted to her woman hands a lil..

IMG_8808.JPG

IMG_8809.JPG