• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Clippers

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
9 hours ago, capstone21 said:

I know we are paying him a bucket of money but I think it's way past time to sit Baz.  

Helped you out slightly there, although in fairness Lamar Patterson got nearly as many minutes as Baze.

• Premium Member

Its terrible.  The Hawks are not playing any defense and going one on one on offense.  We have one player that can take someone off the dribble and that is dennis.  This team shoots three's and not many are being made.

Lou Williams or Eric Bledsoe.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Its terrible.  The Hawks are not playing any defense and going one on one on offense.  We have one player that can take someone off the dribble and that is dennis.  This team shoots three's and not many are being made.

Exactly.  Our only problems are shooting, scoring, transition defense and turnovers.   So we're in good shape.   We like our core. 

• Like 3

vor 1 Stunde, Vol4ever sagte:

It sounds ridiculous but we could give Howard some postups if the "shooters" are cold and Millsap has a bad scoring game. I mean, the offense can't be worse during those stretches.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Shooting 3's indiscriminately and all willy nilly.

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Exactly.  Our only problems are shooting, scoring, transition defense and turnovers.   So we're in good shape.   We like our core. 

messed.gif?ssl=1

1 hour ago, ISOJOE said:

It sounds ridiculous but we could give Howard some postups if the "shooters" are cold and Millsap has a bad scoring game. I mean, the offense can't be worse during those stretches.

Traditional post ups don't work with Dwight - he's still horrible at it.  They are some really bad looking shots, or he fumbles the ball, he bricks it bad, teams aren't double teaming him on post ups.  

What needs to happen is to 'GET HIM THE BALL QUICKLY when he has established deep post position particularly in transition and early in the shot clock.  I've been yelling at my TV all season...now, now, now, too late....we can't make a decent enrty pass to hit him in stride as he has established position.

I watched until the half:

The final minutes to end the second quarter was a real fuster cluck...turnovers galore, 4 straight airballs, even worse defense and on and on and on.

This is the 3rd game is a row, I've seen Dennis get picked clean for a steal....last night was by Fatty Felton, and couldn't get back on defense.....he's been a lil too cavalier with the ball (he ended with 1 TO this game, but still).  It's one thing to get a turnover trying to make a play, but the lossey goosey ball handler at the top of the key - really bad.

You are right but I also think that you have to let him find his rhythm on postups. At LA and Houston he certainly knew:

If I miss the first post-up I won't get another chance for a little while. 

He is not the kind of player, who draws motivation from that. Just give him some consecutive postups if the rest is ice cold. Of course he should be in a good position.

Edited by ISOJOE
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ISOJOE said:

You are right but I also think that you have to let him find his rhythm on postups. At LA and Houston he certainly knew:

He is not the kind of player, who draws motivation from that. Just give him some consecutive postups if the rest is ice cold. Of course he should be in a good position.

Yeaaa kinda like the opposite of a Jokic huh?

-Ruff rider extraordinaire 

• Moderators

No matter how open anyone may be to it, we are not getting into a back and forth of rating posters or measuring who is a 'true fan' or anything like that so if anyone has that idea drop it now before mods have to step in.

5 hours ago, ISOJOE said:

Rhythm or not - he's just not a good post up player, so trying to dump it into him is a losing proposition.

2 hours ago, django2341 said:

I hate 'fans' like u. Fans are supposed to have their teams back. You just talking shit about them after every single loss. If you dont like em just move on bruh

They don't pay my bills and so I don't owe this team squat.

I was a Titans fan before I gave up football this year, but I didn't owe them anything either.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Moderators
14 hours ago, django2341 said:

I hate 'fans' like u. Fans are supposed to have their teams back. You just talking shit about them after every single loss. If you dont like em just move on bruh

Can't believe you posted this after my warning.

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

They don't pay my bills and so I don't owe this team squat.

I was a Titans fan before I gave up football this year, but I didn't owe them anything either.

We aren't getting into rating people as fans.  Everyone drop this line.

vor 25 Minuten, AHF sagte:

Can't believe you posted this after my warning.

I wanted to write you a pm but its not possible.

First of all I didnt read your post. Second calling me not smart (in the Report) isnt the nicest thing by yourself. Third I should be allowed to speak out my mind as he is too. I looked over his anti hawks comments for months now. But its like he´s just hopeing for a loss every time so he can go off. I didnt offend him, i just told him what i think of fans like him. Fourth I couldnt find the ignore button unfortunatly. Please show me.

Edited by django2341

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, django2341 said:

I wanted to write you a pm but its not possible.

First of all I didnt read your post. Second calling me not smart (in the Report) isnt the nicest thing by yourself. Third I should be allowed to speak out my mind as he is too. I looked over his anti hawks comments for months now. But its like he´s just hopeing for a loss every time so he can go off. I didnt offend him, i just told him what i think of fans like him. Fourth I couldnt find the ignore button unfortunatly. Please show me.

I've gotten PMs from others this week and I assumed that you read my post since it was in bold, itallics, much larger font size and immediately after Hotlanta's post.  

Others can't read the report so I said it was not smart to personally attack Hotlanta after I made a large and prominent post warning posters not to attack him.  To the extent you didn't bother reading it, I apologize for saying it wasn't smart for you to personally attack someone after a prominent warning was posted.

For clarification here is a general rule:

ADDRESS THE POST NOT THE POSTER

If you think that someone is being unreasonably critical then attack the logic behind that criticism, point out the factual errors, highlight what you think is a more reasonable projection, etc.  but do not go personal on the poster.  When you are in an argument with someone, I should not be able to tell who you are arguing with just what posts you are arguing against.  We are not going to put up with a debate on who are real fans on this site, especially for people who have been interested in the team long enough to post on here for nearly 14 years.  Assume if someone has been following this team for over a decade that they are a real fan and you can just jump to debating the merits of whatever they said and skip the attacks on whether they are a good fan or not.

vor 13 Minuten, AHF sagte:

I've gotten PMs from others this week and I assumed that you read my post since it was in bold, itallics, much larger font size and immediately after Hotlanta's post.  Others can't read the report so I said it was not smart to personally attack Hotlanta after I made a large and prominent post warning posters not to attack him.  To the extent you didn't bother reading it, I apologize for saying it wasn't smart for you to personally attack someone after a prominent warning was posted.

For clarification here is a general rule:

ADDRESS THE POST NOT THE POSTER

If you think that someone is being unreasonably critical then attack the logic behind that criticism, point out the factual errors, highlight what you think is a more reasonable projection, etc.  but do not go personal on the poster.  When you are in an argument with someone, I should not be able to tell who you are arguing with just what posts you are arguing against.  We are not going to put up with a debate on who are real fans on this site, especially for people who have been interested in the team long enough to post on here for nearly 14 years.  Assume if someone has been following this team for over a decade that they are a real fan and you can just jump to debating the merits of whatever they said and skip the attacks on whether they are a good fan or not.

I get it and i apologize for breaking the rule. It wasn't a lie when I said I couldnt PM you and when I said I didn't read your post. I just got the notification of the reaction to my first post which brought me right to his answer.

BTW can you please tell me how to mute someone? I just cant find it.

Edited by django2341

15 minutes ago, django2341 said:

I get it and i apologize for breaking the rule. It wasn't a lie when I said I couldnt PM you and when I said I didn't read your post. I just got the notification of the reaction to my first post which brought me right to his answer.

BTW can you please tell me how to mute someone? I just cant find it.

Hover over their name and I think an image pops up where you can click 'ignore user'.

It's how I ignored @AHF for all these years.  Ha!  I'm just kidding.  Don't bann me, bro.