• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ryan Kelly signed for rest of season

Bankingitbig

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Best part of that article is that note that our CLE game will now be aired on BSPN replacing that epic ORL v MIA tilt.  Who in the heyul thought it a good idea to air that garbage arse game in the first place?

Better yet, why did it take so long to replace that game?

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

One down, one to go.

@hazer's  got   @AHF on the ropes real quick.

All I need now for the win is a good signing from the buyout/waiver pile and it's ridiculous AHF avatar time. The bet wasn't that both had to be released, just at least one of them and they had to be replaced with a consensus improvement player.

On 2/24/2017 at 1:08 PM, AHF said:

@hazer

Here is my proposal:

If we keep Patterson and Kelly for the rest of the season, I pick your avatar for as long as we are in the post-season.

If we dump either Patterson and Kelly and sign someone with any kind of sizzle (i.e., a player other teams are excited to see cut and competing for), you get to pick my avatar for as long as we are in the post-season.

Push:  Some scenario like we drop Patterson to resign Gary Neal.  We shake hands and cheer the Hawks in the post-season.

Only avatar constraints are normal forum rules regarding appropriateness for the site.

Fair?

Either, not both ;)

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Bankingitbig said:

Hope everything is alright with Patterson. Sounds like he requested to be waived to deal with a personal matter. He deleted all his social media as well.

Amen to that. Kinda scary to think it's so significant that he requested to be released. Didn't know about the social media thing... even more alarming.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Could be wrong, but I kinda am inclined to grant the benefit of a doubt that whatever came up, came up suddenly... ie, not know-able that "homework" would matter. Sounds eerily like maybe a family member being diagnosed with a condition that will make his/her time left on earth very short. But who knows.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, sturt said:

Could be wrong, but I kinda am inclined to grant the benefit of a doubt that whatever came up, came up suddenly... ie, not know-able that "homework" would matter. Sounds eerily like maybe a family member being diagnosed with a condition that will make his/her time left on earth very short. But who knows.

I'd kind of hope they'd give him paid leave considering he won't be active for games anyway if that came up.  Guess it depends on the time frame.  Not sure why that would influence social media either but people grieve differently.

• Premium Member

Still holding my personal vigil for this guy to be released from his dungeon in Milwaukee, and for him to supplant Ryan Kelly. I mean, Jason Kidd says it best when he says nothing at all evidently...

2017-02-27_2346.png

Still don't know what to think about the PG situation. Seems like there's a new one every other day that's rumored to be coming on to the market.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Not so very long ago, Kelly was considered an up-and-coming part of the Lakers rotation. His vice has always been his defense, but his capacity to provide an offensive spark was never in question. So, I'm hesitant to disregard him, but he's got to take advantage of this period of time that he's on the roster. I feel this is his last chance to distinguish himself, even though we have the pending volatility that we do at the 4.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, sturt said:

Not so very long ago, Kelly was considered an up-and-coming part of the Lakers rotation. His vice has always been his defense, but his capacity to provide an offensive spark was never in question. So, I'm hesitant to disregard him, but he's got to take advantage of this period of time that he's on the roster. I feel this is his last chance to distinguish himself, even though we have the pending volatility that we do at the 4.

I think Ersan will take his minutes though.   Ersan is tough.   But what are Kelly's strengths?   I assume he's a good shooter but what differentiates him from Moose?   

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

what differentiates him from Moose?

I agree. That's the question Kelly's got to answer. I think he moves a little better than Moose, but that's got to translate into some tangible production that can be seen. He's going to get precious little court time, barring an injury, It's a pivotal moment for the guy in terms of NBA career; otherwise, he's almost certainly ticketed for export across the water.

Meanwhile, it's no secret that I covet Hawes almost to the degree that I covet Bogut, both because of passing ability. Wait. I'll go farther than that. I covet Hawes more. There, I said it. Hawes brings a proven capability to score from everywhere (that Bogut doesn't), and the reality as we all know is, this team is desperate for scoring.