• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ryan Kelly signed for rest of season

Bankingitbig

• Premium Member

So MIL gets blown out early tonight, and Kidd empties the bench.

Well. Almost.

2017-03-01_2116.png

Ya gotta admit, it's just damn strange if they don't get together on a buyout. Complicating it, though, is his player option for next season, and that both sides might think they have the upper hand, ending in a stalemate.

14 minutes ago, sturt said:

So MIL gets blown out early tonight, and Kidd empties the bench.

Well. Almost.

2017-03-01_2116.png

Ya gotta admit, it's just damn strange if they don't get together on a buyout. Complicating it, though, is his player option for next season, and that both sides might think they have the upper hand, ending in a stalemate.

Buy out deadline is midnight tonight to be playoff eligible.

• Premium Member

So, Steve's nephew doesn't follow in his uncle's footsteps. At least not this season. I don't get what's going on in Milwaukee with this, and I sure think the beat writer for the local paper is missing an obvious story worth writing. This isn't the equivalent of ignoring Greg Monroe and giving him zero minutes, but then again, it's also not the same as giving zero minutes to someone like Edy who languished on our own bench for so long. This guy was doing credible production in Charlotte for most of the season.

Okay, so regardless, is what it is... moving on... here's a question that I have not arrived at any conclusive answers for, but now begs to be asked...

Why not Edy Tavares instead of Ryan Kelly?

Ah man, @sturt is on record for us signing something called Brice Cotton.  A scrub called Yogi Feral.  And now ... sigh ... he wants us to pick up the artist formerly known as Spencer freaking Hawes.

I hereby call for sturt to be suspended for his own good.  You'll thank me later, st.

14 minutes ago, sturt said:

Why not Edy Tavares instead of Ryan Kelly?

I was wondering this as well with the way Edy has been playing in the D-League. But I think Bud views Humphries and Muscala as Centers, which means Edy would be a "4th" center whereas Kelly would be a 3rd PF.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Bankingitbig said:

Bud views Humphries and Muscala as Centers, which means Edy would be a "4th" center whereas Kelly would be a 3rd PF

Whereas I regard Humphries as that 4th center. Just sayin if Moose is more a PF than a C (and I don't think that's necessarily correct), then Hump, all the moreso.

• Premium Member

Regarding Moose... if Moose were on Star Trek:NG, he would guest star as an anomaly. He contributes, but rarely in any way that stands out... almost in an invisible way... but you look at his stat sheet, and there's almost always evidence that he was on the floor. I've decided he is not a PF, and he is not a C. But he's ours, at least for the rest of this season, and I'll continue to celebrate his Hawk-ness for that time.

Back to Edy... yes, at least if we had him, there would be a legit 2nd C on the roster... notice I didn't say a "#2 C," because the reality is he may never get to that status. But put it this way, you can insert Edy into a game for 3-4 minutes twice in any given night, and rest assured that you have a legit big occupying the lane and capable of making big blocks and pulling down rebounds before anyone else can reach the ball.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sturt said:

But put it this way, you can insert Edy into a game for 3-4 minutes twice in any given night, and rest assured that you have a legit big occupying the lane and capable of making big blocks and pulling down rebounds before anyone else can reach the ball.

Yeah. We could keep the backup C minutes to Kris then whats left to Edy. Kelly disappears and Moose is the third PF. Size wise it makes sense anyway. I know this goes against the grain for Bud of course. Apparently I always viewed Edy with rose colored glasses, liked and pulled for him to get any kind of minutes. 

• Moderators

I'm an Eddy fan and want to see him succeed but I think we sign someone else with that roster spot if the goal is to win this year.  He won't play if he comes on board.

(Steps up to the mic, mic feeds back, taps mic a few times): "@AHF please report to the stage to receive your brand new avatar please. Paging @AHF to the stage....."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18813937/atlanta-hawks-plan-sign-veteran-pg-jose-calderon-saturday

6 minutes ago, hazer said:

(Steps up to the mic, mic feeds back, taps mic a few times): "@AHF please report to the stage to receive your brand new avatar please. Paging @AHF to the stage....."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18813937/atlanta-hawks-plan-sign-veteran-pg-jose-calderon-saturday

*gasp*  is this really happening?  Oh man, gimme about an hour and I'll line up some goodies for your consideration.  Do you have a preferred theme?

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, hazer said:

I'll give it to you because I'm happy to see us get something better than Patterson but:

(1)  Don't know that this guy would have been considered if Patterson hadn't had whatever personal issues he has.

(2)  Reserving judgment on whether he in any way qualifies as somebody who was in competition with a bunch of teams or who will even crack our regular rotation.  That will be answered by the waivers process.  If we don't claim him off waivers, you know nobody else cared enough to want him because they could have had him.  If we do, at least we think there was a chance someone else was competitively trying to get him.

• Like 1

@hazer 

I think the MLP avi fits AHF perfectly.  Has his textbook fierceness and penchant for rainbows.

If you want to hurt his soul ... you know which to choose.  I even shudder at that other pic.

Rainbow-Dash-American-salute-486.png

ILCelts.jpg

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

*gasp*  is this really happening?  Oh man, gimme about an hour and I'll line up some goodies for your consideration.  Do you have a preferred theme?

16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

@hazer 

I think the MLP avi fits AHF perfectly.  Has his textbook fierceness and penchant for rainbows.

If you want to hurt his soul ... you know which to choose.  I even shudder at that other pic.

Rainbow-Dash-American-salute-486.png

ILCelts.jpg

Very nice, but keep 'em coming. Surely we can't choose too soon and eliminate even better possibilities. This is a rare opportunity, let's do this thang RIGHT. All suggestions welcome, and I'll be looking for a few of my own :aikido:

1 minute ago, hazer said:

Very nice, but keep 'em coming. Surely we can't choose too soon and eliminate even better possibilities. This is a rare opportunity, let's do this thang RIGHT. All suggestions welcome, and I'll be looking for a few of my own :aikido:

Agreed.  We need all hands on deck for this one.  Everybody with a bone to pick with AH.  @Spud2Nique, @Sothron, @Hotlanta1981 y'all need to get in on this.  Heck even @Dolfan23 may wanna wrestle some time on the prison desktop to weigh in.

Looking for maximum embarrassment.