• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Mark Bradley Goes in On Coach Bud

Wurider05

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

The big question is whether or not we should have traded Millsap. If he bolts we are screwed. We went big on pg13 and Butler and could try again at the draft. 

I expect we'll try but without Splitters nice cap filling, no pay contract that is going to be a lot harder.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I expect we'll try but without Splitters nice cap filling, no pay contract that is going to be a lot harder.

After reading all the nonsense on George, I don't want him and I'm glad we weren't able to make a trade happen.  Sounds like the LAL were advised not to gut their team to trade for him since he'll be headed there in a year anyway.  That's bush league man.  If I'm IND, I would've taken cents on the dollar from some unsuspecting team before that report got out.

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yep.  We're going to have to find free agents and bargain trades.   

We're gonna have to do what successful GM's do and that's mine for undervalued guys who're capable of becoming high-end talent.  It can be done via the draft (a la Jimi Buttler types) or by spotting undervalued talent.  TradeBaze would be a good example of this but they miscast him as a 3 and didn't properly identify his low ceiling and sneakily poor defense.

A guy like Powell (TOR) is a more obvious example of this.  He's probably not the scorer Derozan is but could be a Buttler type contributing on both ends in ways Derozan never will.  I'm not saying we go after him (since TOR now appears to understand he's valuable), just using that name as an example of a player that could be picked up cheap and could be a difference maker given a greater role.  Due to our lack of lotto picks and young, signed talent those are our only 2 options.

Well a 3rd option would be to fleece a poor GM and take a star via trade.  Only problem is we're more likely to be the fleecee than fleece-or(?).

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We're gonna have to do what successful GM's do and that's mine for undervalued guys who're capable of becoming high-end talent.  It can be done via the draft (a la Jimi Buttler types) or by spotting undervalued talent.  TradeBaze would be a good example of this but they miscast him as a 3 and didn't properly identify his low ceiling and sneakily poor defense.

A guy like Powell (TOR) is a more obvious example of this.  He's probably not the scorer Derozan is but could be a Buttler type contributing on both ends in ways Derozan never will.  I'm not saying we go after him (since TOR now appears to understand he's valuable), just using that name as an example of a player that could be picked up cheap and could be a difference maker given a greater role.  Due to our lack of lotto picks and young, signed talent those are our only 2 options.

Well a 3rd option would be to fleece a poor GM and take a star via trade.  Only problem is we're more likely to be the fleecee than fleece-or(?).

We're going to have to do what we did 3-4 years ago when we went out and got Sap, Demarre, and Korver.   And while Mack and Pero weren't big talents at least they were capable and knew their strengths. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We're going to have to do what we did 3-4 years ago when we went out and got Sap, Demarre, and Korver.   And while Mack and Pero weren't big talents at least they were capable and knew their strengths. 

Indeed.  Too bad it all went wrong when we paid TradeBaze ...

No actually it all went wrong when we apparently decided to internally devalue 1st round picks.  Every good team in the league has multiple guys playing above their contract.  We have multiple of the opposite.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Indeed.  Too bad it all went wrong when we paid TradeBaze ...

No actually it all went wrong when we apparently decided to internally devalue 1st round picks.  Every good team in the league has multiple guys playing above their contract.  We have multiple of the opposite.

Everyone knows all the good development projects are in the second round.   More second round picks i say!    You don't want guys who already know how to shoot.  :approved:

12 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Everyone knows all the good development projects are in the second round.   More second round picks i say!    You don't want guys who already know how to shoot.  :approved:

:Bud: "Shiiii, where's the challenge in that?  See thas why I'm a coach and you're busy 'super-sizin' it.  Lemme get cheese on dat, sun."

ETA: Daaaayumm, thread title change: "Coach Budz goes in on Macd."