• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Defensive coach, Guru, isn't - - - -

Gray Mule

Big discussion this weekend bout Danny Ferry - ATL media thinks he is really missed and we are not getting lots of things done that we used to, his connections/networking way he dealt with things etc, is sorely missed.  I cant really argue against that anymore, ppl wanted him gone now he is and we are paying for it, 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Big discussion this weekend bout Danny Ferry - ATL media thinks he is really missed and we are not getting lots of things done that we used to, his connections/networking way he dealt with things etc, is sorely missed.  I cant really argue against that anymore, ppl wanted him gone now he is and we are paying for it, 

People overrate Ferry. If he drafted better before he left, ATL would be in a better position long term than it is right now. 

• Like 1

Bud doesn't play the right people.  To play the type of help defense with all of that switching, you need your most athletic group out on the floor.  Guys like Delaney and Moose doesn't fit that mold.  Humphries continues to get DNPs, despite putting up better Per 36 numbers than Moose.

I've been an avid supporter of Coach Bud, but this is easily his worst job of coaching in the 4 years he's been here.  Him continuing to throw Baze out there, and playing him heavy minutes, is a travesty.

Dwight Howard can't get more touches, on a team that can't shoot jumpers.

The kids can't get significant playing time, because guys getting paid much more than they are, are allowed to stink up the joint.

Just a bad coaching job all around.  He has to show the ability to adjust his game plans, and sit people on the bench, if they're not performing up to standards, regardless of how many zeros they have in their salary.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Bud doesn't play the right people.  To play the type of help defense with all of that switching, you need your most athletic group out on the floor.  Guys like Delaney and Moose doesn't fit that mold.  Humphries continues to get DNPs, despite putting up better Per 36 numbers than Moose.

I've been an avid supporter of Coach Bud, but this is easily his worst job of coaching in the 4 years he's been here.  Him continuing to throw Baze out there, and playing him heavy minutes, is a travesty.

The kids can't get significant playing time, because guys getting paid much more than they are, are allowed to stink up the joint.

Just a bad coaching job all around.  He has to show the ability to adjust his game plans, and sit people on the bench, if they're not performing up to standards, regardless of how many zeros they have in their salary.

Well said

• Moderators

We gambled on too many guys to be better than they are capable of being.   There was so much criticism of Korver but he's a legit NBA player (and currently the second best shooter in the league despite being 'done').   I know he was struggling with us but when there are no other offensive threats on the floor it is hard to get open for a 3.   We don't have enough talent and we have no shooting.   The only other playoff team that is anywhere near as bad as us at shooting the 3 is OKC.     In fact ATL and OKC are the only teams above .500 shooting under 35% as a team.  We are in bad company.

This summer the organization has to own up to some mistakes and go out and get some NBA players.   Danny Ferry was mentioned and he definitely deserves some criticism but he knew that when you make a mistake, you fix it and if you want to win you get nba talent, not d-league development projects.   

• Like 1

• Moderators

Korver's problem wasn't inability to shoot with us.  It was that we had no other outside threats that teams respected so opponents figured out it was best to sell out to blanket him because do you really fear giving extra space to any of our guards and wings?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Meryl Streep hell yes

You go, girl!

Wait, all this sense-making from a guy who pushed for us to deal for sMelo all year?

confused chloe

Just kidding, NorfCyde.  Agree with all you stated above but I'd take it a step further.  The DelaneySucks addition and the TradeBaze contract also shows us that, not only does Budz play the wrong guys, he also pays the wrong guys.

Boom.

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, AHF said:

Korver's problem wasn't inability to shoot with us.  It was that we had no other outside threats that teams respected so opponents figured out it was best to sell out to blanket him because do you really fear giving extra space to any of our guards and wings?

Well put.  That's what i was trying to say, but to me the solution to that problem isn't to get rid of the one guy who can shoot.   The solution is to get more guys who can shoot.