• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Face Facts - It's been downhill since Ferry left

JackB1

• Moderators
16 hours ago, HawkItus said:

You can't take these in a vacuum.  We know why Korver isn't here.  We know why DMC isn't here.   We know why Teague isn't here.   And honestly our 3 point shooting started going down the 2nd half of that 60 win season.  Abysmal in the playoffs.  Again last year it fell off in the second half and was abysmal in the playoffs.  Bud transitioned to something different this year.  Hasn't worked.  But, he isn't done.  Lets see what the plan is over the offseason.   My argument is that we were headed this way with Ferry.  The contracts he signed were wading water.   Who was the big fish he could of gotten?   The same ones we tried to trade for under Bud.  I think the blame is fairly placed on Bud, but to make it seem as if things would be better under Ferry is wishful thinking.   We caught the league by surprise in 2014/2015.   Enjoy the memories and face reality.  We hit our apex and are doing a soft rebuild.  Teague nor JYD were the answer.  Al wasn't the answer.     

I'm really starting to wonder if I get a different feed on Hawks games than everyone else.  I feel like maybe I get the "Alternative" feed because I absolutely don't agree with 90% of what other squawkers seem to see or observe.  It's really funny.

I think you and i are just arguing different sides of the same coin.   Others may have said differently but i'm NOT making the case that Ferry would have us in a different position.  There is no way to know.   All I'm saying is that what Bud has tried to do since Ferry left hasn't worked very well.   I don't see how there is an argument on that subject.   And I'm judging Ferry the same way.   What he did when he was here worked very well.