• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics

lethalweapon3

17 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

usa_today_9905290.jpg

^Needs to be silhouetted.

~lw3

Kelli O "Ooh, him skrong.  I'mma jus' running man challenge my way outta this poster."

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The big differences in this game are relatively simple btw. Dennis actually being a professional and not worrying too much about outplaying a star point guard and the insertion of Taurean helped stuff Boston's PNR actions.

Lurker, you've stumbled onto a great point here (for the 1st time ever).  Dennis was super engaged without being over-emotional.  Conversely, Thomas was clearly trying to prove a point to Dennis by playing completely selfishly.  Point goes to Dennis this game.

6 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

One more tidbit...

Second half... Celtics starters of Isaiah Thomas, Avery Bradley (minutes-restricted), Jae Crowder, Amir Johnson, and Al Horford... ONE made field goal between them all.

~lw3

Como se dice ... d-fentz?

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

It is just crazy trying to follow this team.  When engaged, they can beat anybody but when they are not engaged they not only can lose to anybody they lose by giant margins with regularity.  

Pretty sure I said this exact thing like a week ago.  You runnin' outta your own material?  Geez.

Also, what're your 'cats gonna do in the tourney this year?  I'm merely hoping my Jackets make it an interesting selection Sunday for the first time in years. :mellow:

7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Mama said help you up, mama said help you up.

New England Scram Crowder: "Oh, I gotta walk over and pretend I'm a tough guy agin.  Hope nobody's onto my fugazy tough guy act.  I mean, I do get my hair did at the salon and all."

6 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

You guys are mean...

IMG_9031.GIF

He had that shook look.  Didn't know whether to swang on Horry or just go all, "Hey, thanks for the towel, moron!  I needed to ... hey, I needed a towel anyways ... for later!"  Wha?

Let's face it, he knew he could never swang on anyone.  At least not 'til there were like 14 guys in between him and Robert.

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Pretty sure I said this exact thing like a week ago.  You runnin' outta your own material?  Geez.

Also, what're your 'cats gonna do in the tourney this year?  I'm merely hoping my Jackets make it an interesting selection Sunday for the first time in years. :mellow:

UK is in a group that will challenge for the title but could be out much earlier as well.  I'm fearlessly predicting Final Four but this isn't one of Cal's strongest teams.  How will the freshman perform?  That will determine it.

Would love to see the Georgia schools make the tourney.

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

UK is in a group that will challenge for the title but could be out much earlier as well.  I'm fearlessly predicting Final Four but this isn't one of Cal's strongest teams.  How will the freshman perform?  That will determine it.

I concur.  If we don't make it, I'll be fine with it.  We're playing with house money at this point.  Any postseason is just a bonus this year (emphasis on 'this' year, no more moral victories on the Flats)

I want UGA to make it so they can't fire Fox (heh, FireFox).

• Moderators

Shifting sands, I know. Nonetheless, as of today...

EASTERN CONFERENCE RECORDS vs CURRENT ABOVE-.500 NBA TEAMS

HAWX 12-10 (.545)

CAVZ 13-11 (.542)

BULZ 14-13 (.519)

WIZZ 12-14 (.462)

RAPZ 11-14 (.440)

PACRZ 11-14 (.440)

CELTZ 12-16 (.429)

Only 22 games though, so the upcoming stretch after the Dallas trap game will be particularly crucial.

~lw3

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Had we lost this one, I probably would be fully engaged in that "what are we doing this off-season" thread.

Had we barely won this one, I still probably would have opened it to read it.

That we blew them away, I at least won't open it until whatever happens Wednesday night.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Shifting sands, I know. Nonetheless, as of today...

EASTERN CONFERENCE RECORDS vs CURRENT ABOVE-.500 NBA TEAMS

HAWX 12-10 (.545)

CAVZ 13-11 (.542)

BULZ 14-13 (.519)

WIZZ 12-14 (.462)

RAPZ 11-14 (.440)

PACRZ 11-14 (.440)

CELTZ 12-16 (.429)

Only 22 games though, so the upcoming stretch after the Dallas trap game will be particularly crucial.

~lw3

I know Dwight saves his best for the playoffs and Dennis showed up most last season in the playoffs so we might be "built" for the playoffs.

I would love a 6-0 or 5-1 homestand but I'll take 4-2. Anything less would be...

IMG_9033.JPG

2 hours ago, hawkman said:

I agree 100%. This team really needed an edge and Dwight asserting himself seemed to energize the team. It's time we stop faulting Dwight for not being a super mobile stretch 5 and start to realize his strength and physical nature in the paint is a MAJOR advantage. His physicality set the tone. I don't even mind the techs and/or the occasional 'message' being sent. I just hope they keep this up for the rest of the season.

The one thing Dwight has done here that he didn't elsewhere is he has a mental edge and toughness. He's not soft like Kobe used to say. It's like, he's plays like he looks. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AHF said:

Georgia is probably in if they win out and win their first SECT game which is absolutely nuts (they likely won't beat Arkansas without Maten on the floor).

12 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Georgia is probably in if they win out and win their first SECT game which is absolutely nuts (they likely won't beat Arkansas without Maten on the floor).

If they do that, it's a testament to how awful the SEC is.

Honestly though, I have a feeling there won't be many SEC teams in.  The narrative is that the ACC is so great (I question that some) so the committee may overreact to that.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, AHF said:

It is just crazy trying to follow this team.  When engaged, they can beat anybody but when they are not engaged they not only can lose to anybody they lose by giant margins with regularity.  

I already captioned this team the Two Face Hawks. I literally feel that they flip a coin before every game and just go with the coin.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

One more tidbit...

Second half... Celtics starters of Isaiah Thomas, Avery Bradley (minutes-restricted), Jae Crowder, Amir Johnson, and Al Horford... ONE made field goal between them all.

~lw3

Hope the fans in Green truly enjoyed that one field goal. Sometimes life is just so, so pleasant. Great stat lw3. 

• Like 2