• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Warriors at Hawks

lethalweapon3

8 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

Schröder's response. Also here is what CViv said. Dennis didn't "demand" to talk with Bud and Dwight. The context is that Dennis just wants to make sure they are all on the same page and that he understands he shouldn't have been arguing during a live play.

"Maybe i'm too competitive. I don't get it" ......Ruh Roh

Bud has to be careful here before he loses the team and/or Dennis demands a trade.

He can start off by giving Delaney the Ryan Kelly treatment and playing Jose.

• Like 1

I'm pissed about this loss!  However, I think the benching was a culmination of a lot of things.  Dennis was late coming back from Germany.  Dennis was late to the team bus to Orlando.  Dennis was the ONLY Hawk missing at a recent Hawk dinner for season ticket holders.  I think Bud is trying to let Dennis know that even though he may be the 2nd or 3rd best player on the team and is clearly the future, he needs to be a leader in everything he does and if this loss causes him to realize that then good.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'm pissed about this loss!  However, I think the benching was a culmination of a lot of things.  Dennis was late coming back from Germany.  Dennis was late to the team bus to Orlando.  Dennis was the ONLY Hawk missing at a recent Hawk dinner for season ticket holders.  I think Bud is trying to let Dennis know that even though he may be the 2nd or 3rd best player on the team and is clearly the future, he needs to be a leader in everything he does and if this loss causes him to realize that then good.  

Disagree. You don't punish the team to get at one player. Is Dennis irresponsible...probably, but he's young. If Bud wants to be a disciplinarian he's got a few other players that should never see the court. there are instances where Baze is more interested in the glare, half the team can't defend the 3... but let's bench the guy who kept you up in the game. 

Call time out. Sit him, talk to him. If his head is out of it....bench him.  

• Like 1

Lost for words right now. The little faith I had (and trust it was a small percentage) has officially been taken away! Mainly due to buds benching of Dennis. I don't believe I can get over this one! It's too late in the season and we are falling way off likely headed to a 10 games losing streak like earlier in the season.

i believe this team is talented but bud is playing the wrong players together on the court. Plus some players are playing with more responsibilities than normal. We are seeing Thabo and Baze trying to be playmakers all too often. Bud is in over his head yet him and staff have gotten a productive and encouraging year out of Dennis and THJ...which is also our highlight of the year so far.

And for the final salt in the wound, TRUE BALLER made his way back into the NBA tonight with New Orleans, @ Utah.

Of course, the Pelicans still lost, but tell me again that you wouldn't rather have this on the Hawks, than Delaney.

What a disappointing night.

Bud, you have to do better . . . in BOTH of your jobs.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JTB said:

It's one play! No one deserved to be bench! 

Argue and get over it!....and get back to work. These are grown ass men, they are going to argue....I wish bud could see that.

One play ... In arguably the most anticipated game of this season.

It's one thing if you do that against Brooklyn.  You don't do that vs the Warriors.

And Bud better remember who the hell he is.  You're Mike Budenholzer .. Not Gregg Popovich.  We appreciate everything you've done here. But on the other hand, you ain't done ( bleep ).  So don't act like you got the pedigree to bench one of our best players on some trivial BS, and think you can get away with it.

Bud is clearly back on the sauce.  Sitting a player well on his way to a career high then admitting he doesn't gameplan for a great defensive AS point-forward.  At least get back on the horse with a hard cider or wine.  This fool slamming Jaeger shots before the game.

Its just no rhyme or reason to the sh$t he's doing these days.  If you hate the kid why give him an early extension?  Why you trying to "showcase" Baze after the trade deadline?  Bud wilding.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

As frustrating as this loss is, you could also give Bud the benefit of the doubt that he knows what he is doing? 

I really don't like the benhcing Dennis, but you don't know everything that happened. Maybe it is necessary for Bud to make this point even if it costs a regular season game. If you are planing with Dennis for the future, wouldn't you be willing to adjust things now if you can? 

Stupid loss, but maybe put the pitchforks back again.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And then this nugget from Draymond:

F*CK HIM!  I mean, really, f*ck that mutherf*cker and his overrated, janky offense, lucky to be Curry/Thompson's teammate a**.

If he bothered to actually listen to or read what Budz said, he would've understood what the coach was actually saying.

To save folks some time, Budz basically was asked about how we gameplan for Green.  He basically answered that, because Green is so unique a player, you can't really gameplan for him.  IIUC, he actually said, "You don't really gameplan for him .."  then went on to compliment him and explain how special he is as a player.

IOW, take some reading comprehension classes at Michigan State instead of basket weaving or whatever else they paid someone to test-take for you.  Idiot.

So, I slept on the whole sittin' Dennis thing ... and after listening to some national folks talk about it ... I think he was right to sit them.

It was a pretty bad look to have them openly arguing during a play to the point that Curry got an uncontested 3.  You can't have that happen.

Now, I probably would've brought him back after a few minutes, but I suppose I can see sitting them as an acceptable punishment.

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So, I slept on the whole sittin' Dennis thing ... and after listening to some national folks talk about it ... I think he was right to sit them.

It was a pretty bad look to have them openly arguing during a play to the point that Curry got an uncontested 3.  You can't have that happen.

Now, I probably would've brought him back after a few minutes, but I suppose I can see sitting them as an acceptable punishment.

Seriously?....

• Like 1

Draymond... a legend in his own mind at the ripe old age of twenty seven. Really good player with a really dumb ass mouth. Sounds more than a little like IT.

I have no issue with the benching, especially if it is the culmination of a lot of other factors. Let's be honest, we don't know everything going on behind closed doors. But what we do know, it seems like Dennis hasn't taken the leadership reigns like he should have and is continuing to play like someone who doesn't want to be the face and leader. 

Thats Not to say I don't have a major issue with Bud. Prince will make one or 2 bad plays a game and instead of learning in live game play, Bud sits him. Mean while you have a 27 year old dumbass pulling the trigger on a half open look, playing shit defense, and turning the ball over when dribbling at a Josh Smith rate...And that guy stays in the game? I want a real GM and bud to focus on coaching. Just stupid. Also. Hire a rotation expert as the next assistant. Jesus. 

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yep.  Have you ever seen teammates argue during a live play like that?  No, you haven't.

You know what I'm seeing a lot of different sides to it, now. While I still don't understand benching him for the rest of the whole game someone reported that Bud said "See that's what I'm talking about right there" after curry made the wide open 3 during the argument ...sounds like more has been going on and has lead to this.

While I am starting to understand why Bud disciplined Schröder I still think he went too far....but if this turns out to make them better as a group I will probably never question bud ever again.