• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

I can't believe we barely beat the Nets. THE NETS. The ownership needs to remove Bud from the President role. He can't separate his manlove for Kent to see what needs to be done. I would take an non inflated basketball in trade for Bazemore. yet Bud the coach keeps putting him out there, game after game.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I can't believe we barely beat the Nets. THE NETS. The ownership needs to remove Bud from the President role. He can't separate his manlove for Kent to see what needs to be done. I would take an non inflated basketball in trade for Bazemore. yet Bud the coach keeps putting him out there, game after game.

3-13  is a pretty good game from Baze. smh. Why the f is this dude still taking that many shots?

• Like 2

Bazemore is a backup who needs to be a 5th option at best. But when you got Dwight and Thabo, someone has to be a 3rd option. Atlanta needs to make some serious upgrades to the wings. First, move Tim to starting five. Trade for Melo, George or Butler at the 3. This just isn't going to work with Bazemore starting 

• Like 2

On a much lighter note we played a game and Delaney was never on the floor. Oh yeah scoring over sixty points in the second half was helpful as well. Will take the horrifically ugly win. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

First, move Tim to starting five.

Bud was asked post game.  Said point blank - Baze and Thabo will continue to start with Timmy off the bench.

sxbvu7q.gif

Yes, resigning Baze to that huge contract was a mistake - own up to it GM Bud and have him come off the bench.  There is no saving face on this one.  Admit it and move on for all our sakes.

8 hours ago, Sarcatic1 said:

I couldn't even finish watching that mess of a game. Just some awful basketball. Might be the least inspiring win I have seen in a long time. And that's saying something being a Hawks fan.

Baze got to go . I don't care where they send hm or what they get back for him but he has to get out of here. The fact that they brought him back is still baffling. You just used a freaking lottery pick on your future sf. Why in the hell would you over pay for Baze?  I thought it was pretty clear that dude was nothing more than an energy bench guy. He is not a starter in this league.  He is pretty much what the Bad Josh Smith was, but smaller.  Josh was damn good when he played under control. But he went Bad Josh  a lot which resulted in bad shots, bad passes, and gambling defense.

Baze however is Bad Josh at all times. Dumb passes, dumb shots, awful defense.  And I don't know if I have ever seen a professional player miss as many lay ups as this dude.

Get him out of here

He wouldnt even start on a good D-League team...Seriously..

So ... ah .... I have some crow to eat .... 'cause I absolutely, positively was against the Ilyasova pickup.

I were wrong.  That dude is so much better than I thought.  Deadeye shooter.  Charge-taker without flopping.  Even got in there and fought for some reboards.  I mean, what's not to like?  You'd have to be a dumbarse to not like that dude ... wait, I've gone too far.

Anyways, I take my crow blackened with a side of smashed potatoes.

So now that Ersaaaan-chop has assassinated Muscala's minutes (thankfully) and apparently Jose's done the same to DelaneySucks ... who's gonna destroy TradeBaze's mins?

Somebody ... anybody?  Bueller?

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So ... ah .... I have some crow to eat .... 'cause I absolutely, positively was against the Ilyasova pickup.

I were wrong.  That dude is so much better than I thought.  Deadeye shooter.  Charge-taker without flopping.  Even got in there and fought for some reboards.  I mean, what's not to like?  You'd have to be a dumbarse to not like that dude ... wait, I've gone too far.

Anyways, I take my crow blackened with a side of smashed potatoes.

So now that Ersaaaan-chop has assassinated Muscala's minutes (thankfully) and apparently Jose's done the same to DelaneySucks ... who's gonna destroy TradeBaze's mins?

Somebody ... anybody?  Bueller?

I'm loving the 'Sova and No-Way-Jose pickups, especially since it's keeping Moose and Delamey off the floor. To answer your question: THJr and freshPrince. You hearing me, Bud?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So now that Ersaaaan-chop has assassinated Muscala's minutes (thankfully)

A Christmas gift at the deadline for us. No more Tiago DNPs and we gained Ersan.

• Like 3

In reference to Tiago, this comment from Coach Brown of the 76ers. Really coach? Have you checked Tiago's stats for the last two years? Toughness?

"I feel like there's a toughness to him and a veteran experience that when you're looking at backups for Joel, ultimately, he is somebody that I am completely familiar with, and I'm glad he's with us."

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20170307_Cooney__Sixers__Brett_Brown__Tiago_Splitter_share_bond_of_Spurs__success.html

4 minutes ago, hazer said:

I'm loving the 'Sova and No-Way-Jose pickups, especially since it's keeping Moose and Delamey off the floor. To answer your question: THJr and freshPrince. You hearing me, Bud?

'No way, Jose!' will feature prominently in chat I'm thinking.

Also, if THJr hasn't won over Budz at this point, it's never gonna happen.  I mean, THJ has even won over ol' tight-face aka @AHF.  Yet Budz sittin' back like, :Bud: "Nah, I wanna see more from Timothy.  Baze almost made that layup yesterday so he's on the verge ..."

On the verge of what, Budz?!!?!

If it were me, I'd be all Printz 'n Bembry on dees fools.

I really don't want to give up on Baze yet, but he's making it really tough.... if we can get a late 1st rounder in the offseason for him, we should pull the trigger and give his contract to THJ...

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Sothron said:

Well this is an extreme overreaction.   "Non-inflated"?  We can do better

159731-basketball-bouncing-basketballs.g

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DS5 said:

I really don't want to give up on Baze yet, but he's making it really tough.... if we can get a late 1st rounder in the offseason for him, we should pull the trigger and give his contract to THJ...

I wish upon a star quite a bit myself when thinking about Baze on the court for us or being able to trade him soon.

• Moderators

The move to the bench for Baze would be a great thing on a lot of levels.   I think it'd give him a chance to relax and play like he did last year.   Hit your open shots, make cuts, but don't dribble and jump and pass wildly.   I think Calderon will run a more traditional point and get the offense moving well.   

• Like 2