• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Trading Teague was so dumb

gsuteke

I haven't seen Jeff play much in Indy but his numbers look like he's engaged and taking advantage of the most talented teammate he's had with career highs in rebounds and assists.

I don't know the many factors that went into the decision to trade Jeff.  I do know he's much more valuable than Baze, Delaney, and their extended families combined.  I question this ownership's intent the longer they go without a seasoned GM.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2017 at 2:12 AM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The problem is that Bud didn't replace Teague with a quality NBA backup PG.  He betted on Delaney to be a reliable backup PG, which is the same mistake Ice-T made in New Jack City, when he betted on Pookie ( a supposedly rehabed crackhead ) to be a reliable informant,

Also, Prince should've been playing and in the rotation from Day 1.  Had he been playing a consistent 12 - 18 minutes a game, he may have been a solid backup SF by now.  Instead, he's going through major growing pains and struggling to find his role on the team.

He should have never traded Mack.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Its called retooling your roster!  We have some good young wings on our team now with prince looking very promising and once he gets his shoot together, he might be an all star.  Jeff's career will start to decline over the next few years whereas Princes' career is just beginning. It was a sound strategy which will pay off in the long run!  In 3 years, when Dennis reaches his full potential along with THjr and Prince, this discussion will suffer the same fate as most of the other emotional impulsive discussions have in the past.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

In 3 years, when Dennis reaches his full potential along with THjr and Prince, this discussion will suffer the same fate as most of the other emotional impulsive discussions have in the past.

If we can get Tim signed believe those three will be mainstay starters for years, all three in their early twenties and bursting at the seams. 

• Like 2

This is why it was a great trade:

1) Menace is already better than iceTeague and will improve yearly for next 5 years.

2) Delamey was a swing-and-a-miss but cheap substitutes are available (see No-Way-Jose).

3) Netted a lottery pick which turned into freshPrince, who'll start and become an all-star.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, hazer said:

1) Menace is already better than iceTeague and will improve yearly for next 5 years.

A couple of years from now and nobody nowhere will be questioning that anymore I really don't believe.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Thomas said:

If we can get Tim signed believe those three will be mainstay starters for years, all three in their early twenties and bursting at the seams. 

He is a restricted free agent so it is the Hawk's choice..so there is no "if" involved

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

He is a restricted free agent so it is the Hawk's choice..so there is no "if" involved

There is only no "if involved" if the Hawks are willing to pay max salary.  If they have a price point, then it is dependent on if someone outbids them.

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, AHF said:

There is only no "if involved" if the Hawks are willing to pay max salary.  If they have a price point, then it is dependent on if someone outbids them.

They can match any offer sheet.

5 minutes ago, hazer said:

They "can", but won't if it's too rich.

Wait, wasn't there something different about THJ's situation since the Hawks did/didn't tender a qualifying offer or w/e?

Also, they keep saying they'll go into the tax so "too rich" shouldn't be an issue.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Wait, wasn't there something different about THJ's situation since the Hawks did/didn't tender a qualifying offer or w/e?

Also, they keep saying they'll go into the tax so "too rich" shouldn't be an issue.

I think Ressler meant they'd go into the tax to land stars like Butler, PG13, Melo, Kawhi, etc. if that opportunity arose and if it would help get to the Finals. That's how I understood it. I want THJr back, btw.

• Like 1

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What is too rich? I don't understand

Exactly what I said before.  If the Hawks aren't willing to pay him the max then their ability to retain him depends on whether other teams offer him an amount they aren't willing to pay.  If they are willing to pay the max then there is no "if" and it is just a matter of finding out the number.  If they have a maximum they are willing to pay like they won't go above $15M/year, then it depends on if another team offers him that amount or more.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Exactly what I said before.  If the Hawks aren't willing to pay him the max then their ability to retain him depends on whether other teams offer him an amount they aren't willing to pay.  If they are willing to pay the max then there is no "if" and it is just a matter of finding out the number.  If they have a maximum they are willing to pay like they won't go above $15M/year, then it depends on if another team offers him that amount or more.

They paid Baze over 17m per year..You aren't suggesting that they think Baze is better than THjr are you?

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

They paid Baze over 17m per year..You aren't suggesting that they think Baze is better than THjr are you?

I don't know that they are willing to pay $34M to the two of them.  I sure hope they don't think Baze is the better player but I don't know (a) how they ever thought Baze was worthy of that deal or (b) why they think he is still worthy of starting.  There is Baze love going on there that I don't understand.

You assume they are willing to pay THJr the max so there is no "if" and I agree that if you accept that premise that they will pay him max money then there is no "if."  I'm just not quite there on the max approval.

I do know I would for sure rather pay THJr than Baze at this point.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't know that they are willing to pay $34M to the two of them.  I sure hope they don't think Baze is the better player but I don't know (a) how they ever thought Baze was worthy of that deal or (b) why they think he is still worthy of starting.  There is Baze love going on there that I don't understand.

You assume they are willing to pay THJr the max so there is no "if" and I agree that if you accept that premise that they will pay him max money then there is no "if."  I'm just not quite there on the max approval.

I do know I would for sure rather pay THJr than Baze at this point.

It would make no sense not to pay a player like THjr since he is 24 and already one of the top 5 players on your team...plus you gave up a draft pick for him...This is a moot discussion..Thjr is a core player period!