• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Trading Teague was so dumb

gsuteke

This offseason should give us a decent glimpse into how ownership will be in terms of trying to stay near the cap or if they are willing to go well above. I am curious to see if the Hawks try and dump Baze's contract to a team like Brooklyn with quite a bit of cap space and no real interest from major free agents. Wonder if they would take back their likely #31 pick to take on Baze. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

As it stands, THJr max deal can be worth $25.5 million.  (that's 25% of the $102 projected salary cap).

There was a reason that the Hawks extended Dennis at $15 because a team in need of a PG  (Philly, Kings, Brooklyn etc) with capspace would more than likely offer that. So Dennis' deal is looking like quite the steal.

There is no way that I see the Hawks paying  THJr amax deal at $25.5 million. 

Like I've said before, the cap-frivolity of last season with pretty much EVERY team having capspace is not the same this offseason. Teams won't be spending all willy nilly this time around.  It's important to look at which teams will have the requisit capspace and are in need of a SG - that's the competition.

Hopefully most these team only remember him from his NY days so we get him at a good price.

You're speaking logically, not from the heart. Prepare for exclamation points from P-Bird :blink:

11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Actually only 4 players make $25 mill or more in the entire league

That'll change as the cap changes. The better question is how many players are on max or close to max deals, meaning 25 % of whatever the current cap is.

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

If Hardaway Jr isn't resigned, that's dumb with how well he's played but I doubt that Atlanta lets Millsap go unless they plan on taking a step back.

Yeah, SG is a weak position and teams like Brooklyn will definitely offer Hardaway the max and ATL has to match it. 

ATL can't afford Millsap. His max starts at 33 mil. Yes, they can actually afford him but he'll take away ATL's financial flexibility and he's not worth it. I could see if he elevated a team like LeBron does but he doesn't.

If ATL didn't want to pay Horford starting at 26 mil a year I highly doubt they'd want to pay Millsap his asking price. I could imagine teams like Denver and Brooklyn will be willing to pay him what he wants.

13 hours ago, Bankingitbig said:

Wonder if they would take back their likely #31 pick to take on Baze. 

Great idea and that one may actually be possible. Have not thought of a way to realistically trade him myself but believe Atkinson would possibly like that one enough to pull the trigger. Gives him a team hustle player that has been in the Pop style system for a few seasons and a pretty decent pick in a deep draft. Help us keep Tim here Kenny.