• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Raptors at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Great game thread as usual lw3! 20 years ago I might have wanted us to drop this game and go for the 6th spot and match up with whoever 3 would be, but I think it's just better to play hard and let the chips fall where they may.

BTW this is me with the game threads...neverrrr miss my lw3 game threads...

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Timmy? Ersan? Who starts?

Dennis slick one of the most exciting players to watch in the league right now.  If we're building a team around him priority #1 is getting a player (preferably a 1 but could be an Igoudala-type wing) who can defend and facilitate a little better than he can to relieve some pressure.  Could it be Bembry?  That man playing time done vanished.

Let him focus on steadily improving his scoring.  He's taking over games regularly yet only scratched the surface.  He still has room for improvement on his three, mid, floater, and variation of finishes.  Dribble drive and free throw shooting already in the bag.

• Like 2

I know I left y'all hanging but I didn't really mean Bazemore.

Seriously, if what Dennis/Tim have shown is close to true, the offense may not be far away from a fix. It just can't happen until this summer unfortunately and if it does, it wouldn't be sexy moves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Dennis slick one of the most exciting players to watch in the league right now.  If we're building a team around him priority #1 is getting a player (preferably a 1 but could be an Igoudala-type wing) who can defend and facilitate a little better than he can to relieve some pressure.  Could it be Bembry?  That man playing time done vanished.

Let him focus on steadily improving his scoring.  He's taking over games regularly yet only scratched the surface.  He still has room for improvement on his three, mid, floater, and variation of finishes.  Dribble drive and free throw shooting already in the bag.

Dennis needs a Horford-like center. One who can draw the center out the paint and set high screens for him.

Dwight need to come off the bench.

Shooters are definitely a must for a Dennis led team. Him and Hardaway can easily average 40+ points if they had the spacing.

This was the best second half team offense I seen in a long while from this team and maybe the best game I've seen offensively from all the starters.

dennis-

fantastic 4th quarter

THJ -

just continue to show why he's this team second best scorer and many times best scorer. @Lurker hit the nail on the head...this team clearly feeds off of Dennis & Timmy! Not just that but having those two on the court along with millsap and Howard and suddenly we see the offense really flows and may not be too far from being fixed....for the 200,000,000 time this year I repeat there's no reason THJ shouldn't be a starter.

SAP-

of course always doing his thing on both sides of the ball

Howard-

had a great game and played with a lot of energy. 2nd time this year he has shown Toronto that they can't handle him. He's a big reason we have Torontos number this year in my opinion.

Ersan-

just absolutely love this guy right now. He's doing everything he's capable of to contribute. My favorite thing about having him added to the bench is being able to put him on the floor with Howard or Sap! It's been working great and he's been giving both those guys good time to rest on the bench 

Last-

i think bud should try moose and ersan on the floor together off the bench with Calderon running point and seeing what that may give them. Two tall guys that can stretch the floor off the bench. 

Oh and the defense from prince yesterday along with those hustle plays were absolutely superb from the rookie. He really does have the ability and skill set to be a legit "3" in this league and be effective playing his natural position.

• Like 4