• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Raptors at Hawks

lethalweapon3

9 hours ago, StephenHawking said:

Ersan is the man! Key moment in the game was his charge. Love Calderón too. Great to see some new options to our second unit.

With them having quite a few games with us by the time the playoffs come around thinking we will have a much stronger rotation for those series. Two glaring problems have/are been relieved so much. So nice not to see Delaney get stripped out there or Moose get pushed out of the lane by everybody. Great pickups for us.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, JTB said:

i think bud should try moose and ersan on the floor together off the bench with Calderon running point and seeing what that may give them. Two tall guys that can stretch the floor off the bench. 

Agree with ninety nine percent of the post but having Moose on the floor because of the one thing he can do will be negated by the other things he can't. His percentage from three is nice being right at forty percent but there is another measure that gives a view that is somewhat closer to the eye test, which nothing can truly replace. Win shares and Moose is below three. 

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/muscami01.html

Defensive effort was there this game, effort made in defendung the 3.

Point of emphasis,” Paul Millsap said. “We are in the bottom half of giving up 3-point shots. We have to get the 3-point shooters and get them off the line. We did that tonight.

”Coach told us he was watching film yesterday,” Dennis Schröder said. “He told us going into the playoffs we have to take the 3 away. That’s what we tried to do. We did a great job with it but we still have to get better.

How many fast breaks did #BazeBlow?

28 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

1 person in this entire thread gave Dwight props. He played his best game last night. Defended the Hawks ole nemesis Jonas and shut him down. He BROUGHT IT last night and even when Jonas/Serge was trying to get chippy and physical and get under his skin Dwight just kept on trucking and did his work. (Very Millsap-like) I'm really looking forward to the rest of this playoff push. Us and Toronto are gonna come down to the wire looking at our schedules 

Less is definately more with Dwight.  He's having the most efficient shooting and rebounding season of his career, not to mention the two main flaws in his game (turnovers and fouls) being at the lowest levels since his rookie campaign.  

Bud has done a miraculous job with him considering all the different facets to fitting him into a BudBall attack as well as keeping him engaged, in the lowest mpg average of his career mind you. The body language still isn't the best and his playmaking ability is shit but I'm nitpicking like a little beyotch.  

Soft fronts have no chance of keeping him from manhandling the paint.  Fortunately most of the contenders in the East have them (Washington has no depth but due to Gortat alone I can't call them soft). Speaking of Washington I always wanted Bogdan here, he'd been available for a long time.  Now he's with a division rival going apeshit while we struggle with our bench and wing situation.  Great.  

Let's Go any damn way.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Oh also...Do-It-all Pauuuulll to the rescue!!!

IMG_9130.JPG

IMG_9131.JPG

IMG_9132.JPG

IMG_9133.JPG

IMG_9134.JPG

IMG_9135.JPG

Closest it's been ...2 points off both ways...I gotta admit 2k is pretty spot on...well sometimes lol.

12 hours ago, ISO said:

I love Dennis, I wonder how much more he can improve.

You have an impostor runnin round Squawk...a German version on ISO if you will..lol...hes the guy that lit a fire under Jokic though that's all I remember.

9 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

You have an impostor runnin round Squawk...a German version on ISO if you will..lol...hes the guy that lit a fire under Jokic though that's all I remember.

That fool Jokic be dropping Magic-level dimes.

The turning point for Dennis from my vantage point was during/ shortly after The Losing Streak©, he simply said "f&@k trying to force-feed Dwight."  All turnovers tell a story: the ones out of that dynamic early in the season looked like junior high ball.  Since then all he's been doing is killing it and beefing with Bud.  Might wanna tone down on the latter, grasshopper.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Fine-a freakingly able to actually post again here on my laptop, instead of my tablet.

Anyway, I saw something on twitter that said that Bazemore said he was hurt and couldn't work out at all in the summer. That'd explain a lot, but I still don't want to keep him. Even if it isn't for something big, doing something like pulling off a three team deal that I saw in the Brandon Knight thread that would send him back to Atkinson would be perfect.

Bring back Millsap/Hardaway Jr/Ilyasova, draft a young stretch big, and look for a bargain backup SG that can shoot the three well and you might have fixed the offense.

Edited by Lurker

8 hours ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

1 person in this entire thread gave Dwight props. He played his best game last night. Defended the Hawks ole nemesis Jonas and shut him down. He BROUGHT IT last night and even when Jonas/Serge was trying to get chippy and physical and get under his skin Dwight just kept on trucking and did his work. (Very Millsap-like) I'm really looking forward to the rest of this playoff push. Us and Toronto are gonna come down to the wire looking at our schedules 

Thanks!!!