• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Grizzlies

lethalweapon3

Come git your early edition game threads!!! Wow, love it lw3!!! Made me feel a whole lot better about Baze. Grizz fans must be feelin it more than us with pretty boy Chan Chan man. 

You mentioned that he's going out with a reality star's daughter and before that a Vicky secret model, I thought he was already in a committed relationship with Jeremy Lin?...:-/

I also agree with Fizdale, the teams that don't have a culture, they will break. I think both the Hawks and Grizz have a great culture. It's funny, I thought that when Hollins got fired, that they would falter, nope, Jaeger did a great job and Fiz is keeping it going. You build it strong from the bottom up and you are set for a while. Also, if I'm the Warriors or the Spurs, I don't want to see the Grizz. They are built for the playoffs. They have knocked out the Spurs in the past and got close to knocking the Scrubs out in 2015...aka FIRST TEAM DEFENSE- Tony Allen

Lets get this Hawks!!!!!!!!

If Nique were to ever be replaced on the TV broadcast, I say bring in Brevin Knight.   He calls it like he sees it, and isn't a homer.  He's flat out ripping the Grizzlies players in this postgame.  Questioning their effort after the All-Star game.

Grizzlies fans blaming Coach Fitz, more than the players.

"We're just bad right now.  For whatever reason, we just can't get it together.  We missed so many open shots. We battled hard."  - Fitz

Haflway laughing through the postgame presser.  He's in disbelief.

Knight going in on the players again . . . 

"If that's battling, I don't want to see when they don't battle.  One way this team win games, physicality, defense, not making mental mistakes.  They don't have the personnel to shoot 29 threes."

So goes the saying "Just give Peace/Kris a chance, Just give Peace/Kris a chance". He's built like a pf but gives us what we need where we need it. Gladly accept his rebounds and fouls no matter how awkwardly he can appear at times and his twenty minutes last night seems about right probably on many nights, not just one out of every ten games. By the way, Gasol was -11 on the floor. Nice to see an all around good game for the team. 

• Like 2

Oh, there was much more of a difference than just "guys hit their open shots". The ball was moving a lot more and it was much easier to create open looks. And I've said that even bad shooters will hit practice threes.

It wasn't just drive and kicks like we mostly saw, the ball was probably moving the most we've seen all season outside of the stunning Chicago comeback stretch.

This game should tell a lot of the story. Dennis fully buys in, he's just mistake prone. Despite RPM and blabla, he's not really the issue...

Edited by Lurker

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Oh, there was much more of a difference than just "guys hit their open shots". The ball was moving a lot more and it was much easier to create open looks. And I've said that even bad shooters will hit practice threes.

It wasn't just drive and kicks like we mostly saw, the ball was probably moving the most we've seen all season outside of the stunning Chicago comeback stretch.

This game should tell a lot of the story. Dennis fully buys in, he's just mistake prone. Despite RPM and blabla, he's not really the issue...

Lady what are you talking about?  Are you trying to turn this into a Dennis vs Dwight thing?  If so, they worked well together against Toronto a much better team the Grizzles at the moment.  This was a good all around win for the team and you are putting your agenda all up in this thread.  Dwight is doing EXACTLY what Bud brought him here to do. Our wings terrible performance cannot be blamed on Dwight.  They've missed tons of practice threes,as you call them, with Dwight in a game.  They just happen to make them tonight simple as that.

• Like 2