• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Grizzlies

lethalweapon3

25 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Lady what are you talking about?  Are you trying to turn this into a Dennis vs Dwight thing?  If so, they worked well together against Toronto a much better team the Grizzles at the moment.  This was a good all around win for the team and you are putting your agenda all up in this thread.  Dwight is doing EXACTLY what Bud brought him here to do. Our wings terrible performance cannot be blamed on Dwight.  They've missed tons of practice threes,as you call them, with Dwight in a game.  They just happen to make them tonight simple as that.

Lol.

51 points from the bench but it was Dwight's absence, smh. 

The agenda is 'skrong' on this one.

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The game vs Toronto was won by great individual play. This one was not.

What?

Our starters carried us in the Toronto game, the bench had 9 points.

Versus Grizz, the bench had 51 points.

You are really reaching.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

What?

Our starters carried us in the Toronto game, the bench had 9 points.

Versus Grizz, the bench had 51 points.

You are really reaching.

Again, the Toronto game was won by great individual play, not through ball movement.

The Memphis game was.

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Again, the Toronto game was won by great individual play, not through ball movement.

The Memphis game was.

And part of that individual play involved Dwight Howard, so your point.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

And part of that individual play involved Dwight Howard, so your point.

He was about the 4th most important player in that game, if not even worse. The point is this team isn't built to be non-ball movement.

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

He was about the 4th most important player in that game, if not even worse. The point is this team isn't built to be non-ball movement.

1st or 4th we would not have won that game WITHOUT him.

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

This is about Dwight Howard and Serge Ibaka.

I hate having Dwight on this team honestly but we got a lot of fans who love him. They look at rebounds and their eyes light up. I would like to take a center with our pick. Patton is ideal

Edited by NBASupes

vor einer Stunde, NBASupes sagte:

I hate having Dwight on this team honestly but we got a lot of fans who love him. They look at rebounds and their eyes light up. I would like to take a center with our pick. Patton is ideal

Dwight plays slightly better than Alice at Boston imo and his contract is way better. Furthermore he can step up in the playoffs.

And I would rather have Hartenstein :cool:. Better rebounder, more versatile (scoring, can play PF and C), more upside.

Great year for 5s and 4s for where the projected pick will be. John Collins, Patton, Hartenstein, Rabb, Motley, Giles, Leaf, Adebayo, Allen. 

It takes time for bigs. Cousins isn't exactly gelling down their in NO and we know he's a gifted scorer. 

1 hour ago, ISOJOE said:

Dwight plays slightly better than Alice at Boston imo and his contract is way better. Furthermore he can step up in the playoffs.

And I would rather have Hartenstein :cool:. Better rebounder, more versatile (scoring, can play PF and C), more upside.

No he doesn't, he's trash. Al is still really good. This is where those who understand the game differ from causal fans

• Moderators

For us casual readers, here's a snippet from a next-day Q&A with Coach Fizdale (btw, don't text-and-drive, kiddos):

http://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/nba/grizzlies/2017/03/12/q-fiz-fire-state-grizzlies-address/99092774/

I’m driving home (Saturday night) and I pull up to the light on East and my phone buzzes and it’s (Atlanta Hawks coach Mike) Budenholzer. It’s a two-page text saying "Hey, we went through a stretch when we lost nine out of 10. And I thought it was never going to end. Hang in there." And we still play them. But that just goes to show you that I’ve got some great guys in this league that really care about my success here and want me to do well. That makes me feel better in moments like this.

Also intriguing are the reasons given for continuing to start Parsons.

Right now, the Chandler thing is organizational.

~lw3

• Like 1

vor 6 Stunden, NBASupes sagte:

No he doesn't, he's trash. Al is still really good. This is where those who understand the game differ from causal fans

Are you serious? Someone should stop that hate campaign. Even Boston Fans admitted that Alice has a meh season. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Horford vs Dwight

HORFORD

PPG - 14.0

REBS - 6.9

ASST - 4.7 . . . ( 1st in the league among centers )

STLS - 0.7

BLKS - 1.4

PER - 16.8 . .  2nd lowest of career

WS - 4.2

WS/48 - ( .119 ) . . 2nd lowest of career

VORP - 1.9 ( value over replacement )

TS% - ( .541 ) . . . Lowest since rookie year

FG% - ( .459 ) . . . Lowest of career

3FG% - ( .348 ) . . . . ( 5th among centers taking 3 or more threes a game )

FT% - ( .817 ) . . . highest of career . . .  on 2.7 attempts ( 2nd lowest of career )

REB% - 11.7% . . . lowest of career

ASST% - 23.8% . . . highest of career

ORtg - 111

DRtg - 108 . . . worst of career

HOWARD

PPG - 13.3 . .  2nd lowest of career

REBS - 12.9 . . . ( 4th in the league )

ASST - 1.3

STLS - 0.9

BLKS - 1.3 . . lowest of career

PER - 21.2

WS - 6.9

WS/48 - ( .188 )

VORP - 2.0

TS% - ( .631 ) .  . . highest of career . .  ( 4th in the league )

FG% - ( .640 ) . . . highest of career . .  ( 4th in the league )

3FG% - ( .000 ) . . . on 2 attempts

FT% - ( .528 ) . . . on 5.7 attempts ( 2nd lowest of career )

REB% - 24.1% . . highest of career . . . ( 2nd in the league )

ASST% - 7.1%

ORtg - 116 . . . highest of career

DRtg - 100 . . . ( 5th in the league )

That's good till you see we are better without him on the court than with him. While Boston is much better with Al than without him. Stats isn't a good indicator as Boston system and personnel is guard heavy.