• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Grizzlies

lethalweapon3

58 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

These "holier than thou" comments don't really help your cause...

Hold on, AUH.  We're allowing @NBASupes a season or so to get through the grieving process before we really go in on him.

It's awright Supers.  You'll kick this habit, brosquito.  We're behind you.

• Moderators

I gotta pivot to the Spurs soon, but here's one more Parsons piece... it's getting Turkoglu-in-Toronto bad.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/columnists/geoff-calkins/2017/03/12/calkins-were-better-than-ugly-parsons-prank/99106654/

Chandler Parsons is leaning in, being friendly, cooperating with the guy taking a picture.

They are at a restaurant. It must be a pain, putting up with fans at a restaurant, but Parsons doesn’t seem to mind.

Or he knows it goes with the job. The guy — a young man, it’s not really important that you know his name — holds up his phone to capture what turns out to be a short video.

Parsons flashes a quick peace sign. There are smiles all around.

And then the guy says to Parsons — as the phone captures it all — “Say 'I ruined the Griz season, baby!’"

~lw3

• Like 2

Wonder after the welcomed job Kris gave us last game if we now have a ten man rotation again with Dwight getting back on the floor. Would certainly make sense, but you know how that goes.

• Like 2

This again? Dwight vs Al?

Two different players with 2 varying skillsets. We saw what were with Al as our Center - cannon fodder for Cleveland and every other team with a real big, not going anywhere. 

Yes, we get it, Dwight won't give us assists that Al does, he doesn't have a midrange shot, perimter defense isn't Al's blah blah blah....what Dwight can give us and what he was brought here for is what we've lacked the last 3 seasons - toughness and a deterrant IN THE PAINT.  (And I've never been a Dwight fan), the rest of the team have to get their ass in gear (looking at you wings). Bud has to do a better job of managing the rotations, the players have to make a decisive and on time entry pass to Dwight  - stop being late with the pass, leads to turnovers. Put him in position to maximise what he is good at while limiting his weaknesses.

And as great as Al and IT  has supposedly been for Boston they have won 5 more games than the Hawks.

13 hours ago, NBASupes said:

No he doesn't, he's trash. Al is still really good. This is where those who understand the game differ from causal fans

This post is trash...

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This again? Dwight vs Al?

Two different players with 2 varying skillsets. We saw what were with Al as our Center - cannon fodder for Cleveland and every other team with a real big, not going anywhere. 

Yes, we get it, Dwight won't give us assists that Al does, he doesn't have a midrange shot, perimter defense isn't Al's blah blah blah....what Dwight can give us and what he was brought here for is what we've lacked the last 3 seasons - toughness and a deterrant IN THE PAINT.  (And I've never been a Dwight fan), the rest of the team have to get their ass in gear (looking at you wings). Bud has to do a better job of managing the rotations, the players have to make a decisive and on time entry pass to Dwight  - stop being late with the pass, leads to turnovers. Put him in position to maximise what he is good at while limiting his weaknesses.

And as great as Al and IT  has supposedly been for Boston they have won 5 more games than the Hawks.

HOT-domighty, this shiz right here! This. Shiz. Right. HERE.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Hold on, AUH.  We're allowing @NBASupes a season or so to get through the grieving process before we really go in on him.

It's awright Supers.  You'll kick this habit, brosquito.  We're behind you.

Yeah, I should've known it comes from a place of unhappiness and you don't really mean it @NBASupes

In situations like this I should be more sensitive and gentle of others while thinking to myself, "WWAD? (What Would Alice Do?)"

• Like 1

Really, the whole deal is we knew we wouldn't get past the Cavs in a series with Al at C (Kris had more impact in last years playoffs battle with them), therefore Dwight and his rebounding and rim protection are here now. Regular season games were never the biggest point. FO hoped Al would still be here as a PF but his ideas and final decision were and was something very different.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hazer said:

This post is trash...

Hey, the man is in recovery.  Have you no empathy, hazer?  No compassion?  Compasshempathy?

2 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

Yeah, I should've known it comes from a place of unhappiness and you don't really mean it @NBASupes

In situations like this I should be more sensitive and gentle of others while thinking to myself, "WWAD? (What Would Alice Do?)"

lol, ISWYDT

And @JayBirdHawk makes a good point.  For all the sound and fury about the SEeeees, they've only won 5 more games than the lowly, ill-fitting, poorly-coached, low BBIQ Hawks.  Considering we had an epic collapse of a stretch this season coupled with double-digit totally inexplicable losses, I'm not sure how anyone can come to the conclusion that they (or anyone else in the EC not named CLE) are significantly better than us.

Imagine if we'd just been average in those games.  Imagine if Slap wasn't playing through injury early in the season.

It comes from a place of being loyal (or a hater) of a player, instead of a team. I have favorite Hawks players as they come and go, but for me it's all about the Hawks. I still very much like iceTeague, 3zus, DMC etc with their new teams. I used to be a Whorefart fan, before he showed what a bitch she is. It's all about class, and the Hawks

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Lurker said:

Ahhhhh, Lefty Jones has spoken errrbody. Let's shut it down I guess...

Edited by hazer
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, hazer said:

I still very much like iceTeague, 3zus, DMC etc with their new teams.

Great point. Still really like those guys and when Nique became a Clipper, I was and am still a hardcore fan of his but it doesn't mean I fell in love with the Clippers or just hated and hated on Manning until the jerk gave me a legitimate reason and left for nothing. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NBASupes said:

This is where those who understand the game differ from causal fans

Casual fans only go to Hawks/Cavs games, only watch on TNT/ESPN, and aren't members of Hawksquawk. This is where those who give themselves too much credit fail to realize that others who disagree with them can also understand the game...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hazer said:

Ahhhhh, Lefty Jones has spoken everybody. Let's shut it down I guess...

Who the hell is Lefty Jones

1 minute ago, hazer said:

Casual fans only go to Hawks/Cavs games, only watch on TNT/ESPN, and aren't members of Hawksquawk. This is where those who give themselves too much credit fail to realize that others who disagree with them can also understand the game...

Aip96.gif

10 minutes ago, hazer said:

Ahhhhh, Lefty Jones has spoken everybody. Let's shut it down I guess...

Ah dayum, I didn't realize Lefty had weighed in.  I cannot, will not oppose Lefty.  To do so simply courts disaster and erodes from the confidence of the public in general .....

Wait, who's "Lefty Jones" again?

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

It's not like Bud throws a dart at the wall to decide which games to rest Dwight.   He's picking games where he feels like we'll be ok without him.   

Bingo. Match ups.

9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

It's not like Bud throws a dart at the wall to decide which games to rest Dwight.   He's picking games where he feels like we'll be ok without him.   

But someone who understands the game so well could never miss that angle, could they? I'm not sure how we caught that, us casual fans...

Edited by hazer

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I actually think dart....