• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Wizards

lethalweapon3

Our defense was solid for the majority of this game but I knew because we can't score that the Wizards would eventually be the ones dropping points 

we did enough defensively to win this. Offense can't be this bad against any team, you're  just not going to win scoring like this 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Dennis was terrible tonight!!!!

Pretty snazzy fashion he was wearing on both wrists, huh?  Sure that had nothing to do with it.

Now 0-6 without Paul Millsap.

Simply the worst game I've ever seen played by two point guards, and fwiw, if Dwight had continued with his 1st quarter, I'd have said he had another good game but he did not.

Bud, Dennis, and Dwight costed this game.

1 hour ago, Sarcatic1 said:

Delaney better not be on this roster next year. This dude does absolutely nothing of value on the court. He is not an NBA level player

Who in the world scouted this guy and thought he would be a good back up to a first year starter?

Dennis was brutal tonight. His game was Master P sneaker ugly. One of the worst performances I have seen. terrible

He was out there playing like drunk Serena Williams

• Like 1

Turning point of the game was the no foul call on Humphries drive to the basket in the 4th quarter.  Hawks were up 4 at that point.  2 FTs puts us up 6.  Instead, the Wiz fly down the court and get an easy dunk.  And on the next possession, they hit a 3 to take the lead.

So instead of the Hawks being up 6, they're down 1, in a span of 30 seconds.

But 10 turnovers by Dennis . . . horrible turnovers at that.  

Unacceptable.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This game will be won or lost by the bench.

You nailed that one. Nice game by the starters until the last couple of minutes and then there is the rest. Shows we really can play some competitive ball with Tim, Thabo, Ersan and Dwight out there though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StephenHawking said:

Dennis was horrible.  Lost that game all by himself.

Just having a really ugly stretch of games after seeming to have gotten it back together a short while back.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sarcatic1 said:

Delaney better not be on this roster next year. This dude does absolutely nothing of value on the court. He is not an NBA level player

Who in the world scouted this guy and thought he would be a good back up to a first year starter?

Wes Wilcox scouted him when he was with the Cavs. To bad they didn't sign him instead of us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StephenHawking said:

Dennis was horrible.  Lost that game all by himself.

Yes, he did.

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Turning point of the game was the no foul call on Humphries drive to the basket in the 4th quarter.  Hawks were up 4 at that point.  2 FTs puts us up 6.  Instead, the Wiz fly down the court and get an easy dunk.  And on the next possession, they hit a 3 to take the lead.

So instead of the Hawks being up 6, they're down 1, in a span of 30 seconds.

But 10 turnovers by Dennis . . . horrible turnovers at that.  

Unacceptable.

4 minutes and 41 seconds without a score - that'll do you in: Turnovers, bad shots and on and on....At least Dennis knows this one is on him.

I, have to close out the game better,” Schröder said. “Take care of the ball and make better decisions. I hurt my team. We could have won that game easily. Sometimes, it happens. I just try to keep getting better and do it better the next game.

“Sometimes I just try to get someone an easy one. Like Dwight, when he goes coast to coast I want to reward him. Sometimes, it’s not working out. Maybe I need to slow down a little bit more and do the easy ones.

• Moderators

Since falling out of the playoffs looks to be impossible now (given detroit and chicago going into super tank mode), we need to hang on to the 5th spot and face Toronto.   I don't want the humiliation of getting beat by Boston or Cleveland in the 1st round.   If healthy we can probably beat Toronto if Lowry isn't 100%.   Another 2nd round exit from the Cavs is fine because we'd probably actually win a game and hopefully guys like Ersan, Dwight, Dennis, Hump would make some hard fouls.   

• Like 2