• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nets at Hawks (1 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

This team legit won't make the playoffs if Millsap doesn't get right. It's the 2014 Braves all over again.

Even without Sap for the rest of the regular season, we will make the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's how it always goes with him.  His stubbornness is one of his major weaknesses as a coach.

When fans beg for a rotation move for most of the season because it needs to happen but it doesn't til the home stretch and yet it works out well, yeah he's a tad stubborn.

• Like 1

If Millsap doesn't come back, your final Hawks record will be 37-45 with a 17 game losing streak to wrap the year up. They are THAT bad without him and while Howard has mainly been a good citizen, he has not fit with the team at ALL on offense.

This mediocre team died with Paul Millsap's injury. It's a low percentage, but you can't count out Atlanta teams. When they collapse they REEEALLLLY collapse. I bet they miss the postseason.

Edited by Lurker

Well at least we have the Bucknell Beatnik helping cover in Sap's absence with a -20 in seven minutes today. He has his special place on our God awful bench we are dealing with now. In Riley's coaching the Lakers days he stated he liked a seven to eight man rotation for the playoffs. Don't really believe we even have that going in to post season. 

12 minutes ago, Lurker said:

They are THAT bad without him and while Howard has mainly been a good citizen, he has not fit with the team at ALL on offense

19 points on 8/12 fg and 16 boards in 28 minutes...

Ya, he doesn't fit in at all on offense....shhhhhhhhhiiieeetttt gimme a break. 

Even if you hate Dwight, at least make these negative Dwight posts when he has a bad game. Lol. Smh.

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I bet they miss the postseason.

You wanna bet me? We miss the playoffs and I disappear for a month on squawk...they make it, you do. Deal? 

If not, I know you don't really believe yourself. Haha.

Just now, Spud2Nique said:

19 points on 8/12 fg and 16 boards in 28 minutes...

Ya, he doesn't fit in at all on offense....shhhhhhhhhiiieeetttt gimme a break. 

Even if you hate Dwight, at least make these negative Dwight posts when he has a bad game. Lol. Smh.

When they've played the ***feed Dwight*** game, it throws off everyone else on offense. This team has had a setback to being an even WORSE team than they were in late November, where they also fed Dwight a lot.

When they didn't feed Dwight a lot and played 1-4 PNR was when they were good.

On the bright side, we got to see a functional PNR/PNP with Lin and Lopez.  For whatever reason, Dwight can have a spirited effort and the Hawks still get mopped.  Granted everyone else outside of Ilyasova was godawful, especially all the PGs.  And Kenny was killing Bud on those baseline plays.  This team here boy.

Edited by benhillboy

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

You wanna bet me? We miss the playoffs and I disappear for a month on squawk...they make it, you do. Deal? 

If not, I know you don't really believe yourself. Haha.

I'm not a betting person but you can't count out Atlanta sports teams at all on collapses. When they collapse, they collapse BAD. I've seen this story before and I know how it ends. The 2014 Braves were mediocre. They just didn't die until September. This team has died at the same point. There is no resurrecting this team.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1