• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nets at Hawks (1 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

16 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'm not a betting person but you can't count out Atlanta sports teams at all on collapses. When they collapse, they collapse BAD. I've seen this story before and I know how it ends. The 2014 Braves were mediocre. They just didn't die until September. This team has died at the same point. There is no resurrecting this team.

I didn't think so. Lol. 

12 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I didn't think so. Lol. 

On a much lighter note, you would probably make a bundle on the Heat knocking out the Cavs if it was the first round I'm guessing. Fun food for thought there. Believe it is quite possible this year.

Dwight Howard has played well again lately. He just doesn't fit. Sometimes fit is needed more than talent.

Rebounding was an issue, but offense was an even bigger issue last year.

This team needed more shooting and athleticism on the perimeter and needed to address rebounding in a different way.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Sometimes fit is needed more than talent

Almost certain Lurker is Supes now. That statement gave it away. 

Bucks down 1 to start the 2nd half..LETS GO Bucks!!!!

5 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Almost certain Lurker is Supes now. That statement gave it away. 

Bucks down 1 to start the 2nd half..LETS GO Bucks!!!!

I am not Supes. I am not a fan of Horford or Howard. But this is a season in which you see the answer with sound play vs more rebounding.

Last year's team was mostly a .500 team outside of the final stretch and was simply more mentally tough and had more leadership. They weren't a very good team, this is a worse team that got lucky for a while and it's balancing out now.

We've found out that the secret with Bud's coaching actually isn't Bud, but a stretch bigs' passing ability. I don't think it really matters what player you have, they need to be a passing big or at the minimum be a willing consistent dive man on PNR.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

19 points on 8/12 fg and 16 boards in 28 minutes...

Ya, he doesn't fit in at all on offense....shhhhhhhhhiiieeetttt gimme a break. 

Even if you hate Dwight, at least make these negative Dwight posts when he has a bad game. Lol. Smh.

Stats. Nothing more. He had some games like that with Houston last year, but they'r e still better off without him.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

It's not even all Dwight's fault. The game has changed and Dwight's just not a fit. In large doses anyway.

This is what I been saying. He's not an impact player anymore. He should be a 20-25 off the bench player like Jamal Crawford. Dwight does good things and he's productive but he doesn't help this team or any team in today's NBA win games. He's too slow, lacks agility, doesn't have the basketball instincts and isn't versatile enough for today's NBA. 

That said, he's far from the problem with this squad. The problem is Bud's stupidity in not rebuilding. Michael Porter Jr needs to be a Hawk. Zion Williamson needs to be a Hawk. Marvin Bagley III needs to be a Hawk. We need to develop players and rebuild like the Braves. No point in doing this mediocre shit anymore.

Idk bout you guys but I see 3 starters with a dnp tonight so there's nothing much to expect.

The Genius of Bud obviously knew that this is the moment to not shorten the rotation but play the weakest bunch of players we have instead.

Moose is literally the worst player in the league at this point. Even worse than Delaney. You can't win a game playing your bench for long ass stretches who finally end the game with a monstrous performance of 5 points.

• Like 1

This is why it was important to have all 3 of Howard, horford, & millsap....all bud had to do was change or adjust his style throughout the game so each player can be at their best and put each on the floor when need be.

ive been defending Howard but even if he plays well these new school players just don't know how to adjust with a traditional big man for a WHOLE game ....I really wish we could have retained Horford and I believe this team could have been 1 seed again cause then we'd have our inside presence/ rebounder in Howard and our passing / stretch shooting big man horford and our playmaking ISO scorer in Sap.

honestly I believe bud and staff just didn't have a plan after horford decided to drive the price up on the Hawks and leave for the Celtics ...even koonin said the "original" off season plan was to sign Howard and resign horford...still to this day I believe bud and staff wanted all 3 but just couldn't pull it off and now they legitimately have no plan and probably want to make the playoffs to bring in money at the least.

i will say this to end another one of my long post....I'm going to go ahead and forget about this season and hold my judgement until after this upcoming  off season ...I believe bud and staff deserves a chance to redeem themselves, after this upcoming off season I believe bud can truly be criticized if he doesn't make this team better or get them back to a competitive level.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Lurker said:

Dwight Howard has played well again lately. He just doesn't fit. Sometimes fit is needed more than talent.

Rebounding was an issue, but offense was an even bigger issue last year.

This team needed more shooting and athleticism on the perimeter and needed to address rebounding in a different way.

Hawks are a better team when they have a stretch five (Ersan & MIllsap) at center. 

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

There is a lot this team lacks. Honestly, our goals next year should be to develop players and draft Doncic, Ayton or Porter Jr.

Yeah, Dennis/Hardaway (if they keep him)/Prince. Bamba would be good too.