• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Floundering

capstone21

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Bud gonna be like Gee Money in New Jack City

"What God has brought together, let no one put asunder.  You may kiss the bride."

Image result for drinking wine out of the bottle`

Kinda look like him too if he grew his hair out and just woke up!

But yeah, this team was poorly designed from the jump.  I expected much more from the Big depth of Splitter and Hump but kinda figured the Hawks were doomed after cutting Jack, expecting Baze to be a consistent starter, and throwing the awful 1 and 5 fit at the wall hoping it stuck.

And somehow I just saw that dunk by Hollis-Jefferson on the rook.  Damn.  I'm so sorry.

Edited by benhillboy

It's a shame IMO...and I just don't think Coach Bud is all that smart as a GM.  DF got Bud a team he could coach and we won 60 games and got to the ECFs for the first time the Hawks franchise did it (in Atlanta).

Then DF gets caught saying something politically incorrect and he gets fired and it's all on Bud.  And Bud just screwed it up.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

The only reason the 2015 team was good was because of the us against the world mentality after the conspiracy, for most of last year the team was fat and happy.

The 2014 team was deeper. Looking back, you got 3 bench guys (Thabo, Baze, Dennis) from that team as starters. I can't say now ATL has 3 guys on the roster right now who could step and start if Thabo, Baze, Dennis weren't on the team. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, RWF said:

This is what happens when you avoid a rebuild while watching as your top assets leave in free agency season upon season after you hit a ceiling.

Sap is next up to leave with NOTHING coming back in return, which will make us a Lottery team for a few seasons. I'm starting to think that may not be such a bad thing as long as we draft well and FINALLY get the superstar this franchise has desperately needed since Nique and his S Curl put on a Hawks' uniform. But seriously, letting guys 'walk' for nothing is crippling this franchise. If you don't learn from the past, you are doomed to repeat it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DJlaysitup said:

Wow...just checked the stats and Boston has 48 wins - I guess that 16-9-6 Al Horford is giving them is working out for them ?

Assuming this was just in a a recent game cause horford who's being paid a top contract in the NBA right now is avg 14-6-5 (pts,rebs,assists). The assist are amazing however I'm still not missing him if we had him only at center. 

The plan was to have all 3 (Sap,horford,Howard) and when it didn't happen bud and staff had no backup plan.

plus the only reason the Celtics are getting away with the bad rebounding is because of the efficiency of the offense and having a guy like Isaiah Thomas being able to just flat out drop points. Let's see if that truly carries over in the playoffs cause if they start bricking like the Hawks did in the playoffs the year of the 60 win season those rebounds will be needed.

1 hour ago, hawkman said:

Sap is next up to leave with NOTHING coming back in return, which will make us a Lottery team for a few seasons. I'm starting to think that may not be such a bad thing as long as we draft well and FINALLY get the superstar this franchise has desperately needed since Nique and his S Curl put on a Hawks' uniform. But seriously, letting guys 'walk' for nothing is crippling this franchise. If you don't learn from the past, you are doomed to repeat it.

Not gon lie this kind of made me mad as well.

• Like 2

The Hawks have had poor mangement for the most part since I've been watching. It's just been a long time since they have truly paid for it.Now they are.

Instead of a major rebulding or retooling effort they tried to throw a Band-Aid on things. 

I know they likely expected Al to stay. I also feel that Al looked at this team with Dennis starting and he didin't like it.

The truth is this team is starting threeguys that were playing only 12-15 MPG just a couple of years ago. Sap is the only legit starter left on the whole team.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, RWF said:

This is what happens when you avoid a rebuild while watching as your top assets leave in free agency season upon season after you hit a ceiling.

Not fair, really. Teague didn't just "left" the team. He was let go because Bud the drunkard thought Dennis was ready. He isn't, and with that mindset of his, I don't think he'll ever be. That was a huge mistake IMHO, but some have confidence Prince will pan out, so we'll see.

The green b!tch left because, well, she's a b!tch. If you go to Celts forums, you'll see A LOT of people complaining about her and saying she's overpaid. I don't know about that, really (just look at the contract Bud the drunkard gave Baze). We brought Howard to play WITH her and Paul. She just left because of her "celtic pride". Now I couldn't care less about her, really. She's got green blood in her veins.

Bottom line, Bud the drunkard really tried to do a good job, he's just not a very competent GM. It's not like he just sat and watched good soldiers leave the ranks. Because he's playing GM, he became a not very competent coach as well. The ship is now officially sinking. One can only hope we do face the Celts in the POs and have a good series against them. 

I'll just say I'd rather see Bud the drunkard fired than seeing Millsap leave this team. OTOH, Paul deserves better, so... I wouldn't be mad at him if he left. Bud the drunkard failed him.

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Not fair, really. Teague didn't just "left" the team. He was let go because Bud the drunkard thought Dennis was ready. He isn't, and with that mindset of his, I don't think he'll ever be. That was a huge mistake IMHO, but some have confidence Prince will pan out, so we'll see.

The green b!tch left because, well, she's a b!tch. If you go to Celts forums, you'll see A LOT of people complaining about her and saying she's overpaid. I don't know about that, really (just look at the contract Bud the drunkard gave Baze). We brought Howard to play WITH her and Paul. She just left because of her "celtic pride". Now I couldn't care less about her, really. She's got green blood in her veins.

Bottom line, Bud the drunkard really tried to do a good job, he's just not a very competent GM. It's not like he just sat and watched good soldiers leave the ranks. Because he's playing GM, he became a not very competent coach as well. The ship is now officially sinking. One can only hope we do face the Celts in the POs and have a good series against them. 

I'll just say I'd rather see Bud the drunkard fired than seeing Millsap leave this team. OTOH, Paul deserves better, so... I wouldn't be mad at him if he left. Bud the drunkard failed him.

Not understanding the 'Bud the drunkard' repeatedly.  Is that supposed to be funny?  A DUI he was acquitted of.  what else do you have to back this up?

I'm still a huge Teague fan but we're conveniently forgetting that Teague was always inconsistent and fans and coach were frustrated with his disappearing act.  The numbers don't really backup that Teague last year was significantly better than Dennis this year.   Dennis has done really well i think.   His attitude has been a problem at times but so has the lack of talent to work with.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RWF said:

Losing players and coaches a couple of years in a row. Both cases have hurt incredibly. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Dennis has done really well i think.

Dennis had outperformed what most of us thought he would consistently give us this year until he hit the wall Gray Mule has talked about. He has had a couple of good games and several poor ones the last couple of weeks. Needs a strong second wind at this point. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Dennis had outperformed what most of us thought he would consistently give us this year until he hit the wall Gray Mule has talked about. He has had a couple of good games and several poor ones the last couple of weeks. Needs a strong second wind at this point. 

I agree but this is a broken team with very little healthy talent.   

• Like 1

Yeah, pretty hard not to intensely worry about Sap now that he has two knees to protect. Horrible timing for us. Adding to that Thabo never seemed to recover enough to play well from his nagging stuff weeks ago. Has had only one good game that I can remember since that time right now. Baze is his own unique enigma. Agree with most that just play the kids big minutes and see where we end up is the best bet. 

• Like 1