• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Suns "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

If this game can't lift the weight of the young guards' shoulders and help them relax, there's a very real chance this is the only win without Millsap and it was with the Suns trying to lose. Both of them look like they're in a very bad spot, nervous, and pressing.

You said no wins without Millsap yesterday and tonight you say this is the only one and tomorrow the only 2....and so on and so forth.

5 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

You said no wins without Millsap yesterday and tonight you say this is the only one and tomorrow the only 2....and so on and so forth.

I didn't think the Suns would bench Booker and even in a win it was a really bad game that gets you a loss against every other team.

• Like 1

Pretty good numbers across the board for our starter minus Timmy having an off night. Ersan and Dwight a combined 23 boards. I'd like to try a  starting lineup of:

pg-Dennis

sg- Prince

sf-Ersan

pf-Sap

c-Dwight 

6th man: Timmy

7th man: Thabo

I wonder if it would work. Only issue might be Ersan keeping up with quicker small forwards.

I didn't realize the last two games that Dwight and Ersan have combined for 57 boards. Ersan had 30 while Dwight grabbed 27. 

I never realized Ersan was that great on the boards. He's been a welcomed addition for our squad. I still get very uncomfortable when he does that herky jerky pumpfake step back three but it seems to find the bottom of the net more times than not.

Despite having a better record last year at this time, I like this squad better and I think some folks will be shocked when the Hawks start kicking butt and taking names in the playoffs. Horford and Teague were soft and fit for the regular season but neither seemed to have an edge to them or a chip on their shoulder. Howard and Dennis are better suited for playoff action. We already know Dennis has an edge to him and he was our best player in the Cavs sweep last year as a bench player and Dwight generally takes it to another level in the playoffs as he showed with the Rockets the past few years.

The playoffs are a different animal. Getting rid of the soft guys in Horford, Teague and Korver, and adding in tough guys like Dwight, Prince and Ersan is the precise reason that I think teams should fear us. With all the March madness happening now, I want to look at the playoffs in the same way for the Hawks...just get in the tournament. You never know the fate of any team with momentum, injuries, etc. I definitely think we can and will make noise in the playoffs. 

To quote Apollo Creed, " Because when it's over, everybody's gonna owe Bud an engraved apology."

ATL! ATL! ATL! ATL! ATL! ATL! (chant)

7 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

2 points 3 rebounds for Splitter in 7 minutes tonight. Didn't realize he was in action tonight as well.

Really didn't think he would ever get on the floor this season. Don't think he will last the final eight games personally. 

So, a win is a win even if its against a D-league championship available roster. Good news I guess is Bud showing some form of a ten man roster even without Sap, Baze and Thabo and we still escaped. Very nice to see Delaney glued to the bench of course. Maybe Bud heard some of Bob Rathbun's recent comments. 

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, Thomas said:

So, a win is a win even if its against a D-league championship available roster. Good news I guess is Bud showing some form of a ten man roster even without Sap, Baze and Thabo and we still escaped. Very nice to see Delaney glued to the bench of course. Maybe Bud heard some of Bob Rathbun's recent comments. 

Despite Calderon not providing any shooting he is making a difference when he plays with Dennis by providing another ball handler and passer.   Further proof that Baze/Thabo is just not a good combo.  

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Really didn't think he would ever get on the floor this season. Don't think he will last the final eight games personally. 

He's a free agent this offseason. Has to show teams that he is still capable of playing and staying on the court in order to get a new deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Gee, you all think that Josh Pastner was the right coach for Tech or what? Just a great hire for those guys.

Yup, I also think y'all should give Foxy a lifetime deal.

Seriously though, Pastner has done a good job but year 2 will be the big test.  There will be expectations and folks will see us coming this time.